Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jersey Numbers for NEW Players thus far

TKnight24

1 hour ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Peyton was still an active player but no one could wear his number. I mean yeah, I know it's freaking Peyton...but yeah.

They didnt retire his number until after he actually retired. Andrew Luck cane in like a month after Manning retired and with all the comparisons/shoes to fill headlines being made, you know he wasnt gonna wear 18. If Luck wouldnt, you know no one else would. Freeneys number might be retired, but hes not being replaced a month after he leaves and hes still active, and I dont think anyone can argue hes meant as much to this city as manning has. No offense to him, but im gonna be honest about the two at the same time.

8 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

They didnt retire his number until after he actually retired. Andrew Luck cane in like a month after Manning retired and with all the comparisons/shoes to fill headlines being made, you know he wasnt gonna wear 18. If Luck wouldnt, you know no one else would. Freeneys number might be retired, but hes not being replaced a month after he leaves and hes still active, and I dont think anyone can argue hes meant as much to this city as manning has. No offense to him, but im gonna be honest about the two at the same time.

The only player that even comes close to Manning was Reggie Miller as far as this city is concerned. While I loved me some Freeney Mathis has meant just as much. JMO.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

The only player that even comes close to Manning was Reggie Miller as far as this city is concerned. While I loved me some Freeney Mathis has meant just as much. JMO.

Yeah I agree, I rank it:

Peyton Manning 1

Reggie Miller 2

Andrew Luck may even be #3 along with Paul George = the new wave. With no Baseball team, it's really Football and Basketball in Indianapolis. I love my Cubs though but they are in Chicago, 2 and half hours away.