Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Mayock's NEW Top-5 at every position (2.0)

For those who love Mayock,  there will be plenty to discuss and debate....

Some things that you'll like.....    and other things....    well, not so much....

Enjoy!!          :thmup:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000794141/article/mike-mayocks-2017-nfl-draft-position-rankings-20

Note:    I hate the auto-correct on this site!!        :thmdown:

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For those who love Mayock,  there will be plenty to discuss and debate....

Some things that you'll like.....    and other things....    well, not so much....

Enjoy!!          :thmup:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000794141/article/mike-mayocks-2017-nfl-draft-position-rankings-20

Note:    I hate the auto-correct on this site!!        :thmdown:

If we took Lamp at 15 I would be fine with it. Andrew would probably love it. It's interesting he has McCaffrey rated higher than Cook.

Just now, backshoulderfade said:

McAfee killed it at the combine in both drills and timed events, I would assume that's why.

He did but Cook is really good. If we don't go Defense, I would be fine with Lamp. Then go Defense with a couple of picks - Pass Rushers, then maybe a RB like Hunt. We need to Draft another CB too which is obvious.

30 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

McAfee killed it at the combine in both drills and timed events, I would assume that's why.

Hey,  I'm a McCaffrey guy....

But the thing is....    they're not the same running back.    They do different things.

So, Cook can give you 16-20 carries and perhaps 3-4 catches.  

McCaffrey is more a 12-16 carry guy,   with 4-6 catches and 2 KO returns and 4 punt returns.    

Both guys will get you 24 touches,  but in different ways.     So, it depends on what you're looking for from your RB?

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hey,  I'm a McCaffrey guy....

But the thing is....    they're not the same running back.    They do different things.

So, Cook can give you 16-20 carries and perhaps 3-4 catches.  

McCaffrey is more a 12-16 carry guy,   with 4-6 catches and 2 KO returns and 4 punt returns.    

Both guys will get you 24 touches,  but in different ways.     So, it depends on what you're looking for from your RB?

Either would complement our two power backs.  That's what they wanted from Ferguson.

I was thinking - the only two positions we probably wouldn't draft in the first round are QB and WR.  Anything else is possible.

I didn't realize this website had an autocorrect function.  When I have a misspelled word, it just does the microsoft word thing and underlines the word with a red squiggly line.

Anyway, I really like the addition of the nickel back portion since those guys have a little more run responsibility than your typical corner, but more man coverage responsibility than an up safety might.  

I'm a fan of Mayock...but it's easy to forget that his evaluation, in part, is a reflection of how teams are seeing players.  So, this time of year when there is a big change, like with Peppers, that might mean that teams are seeing him as a better prospect....

Yeah, I'm with most here.  If I had a choice of Hooker, Adams, and Peppers, I'm going Hooker 1st, then Adams, then Peppers.  I do think ANY of them would help us though.

Listen to us!  Us defensive-poor Colts fans arguing over which is better, the Ferrari, the Lambo or the Bugatti.