Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

GoodBye Zach Brown.....

He's visiting Miami. Nothing official. I'm still hoping for him. He'd be a great signing. I said yesterday he can be inconsistent, but for the most part he's a very, very good ILB. And he's an all around ILB too. Not just a 2 down thumper as someone basically suggested above.

2 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Bungled from Jump Street.

They've been asking for way, way too much.      Now most of the FA money around the league is gone,  and positions are getting filled.     Far fewer options.

He'd probably be better cutting the best 1-year deal he can,  and then trying free agency next year.....

Now......    will he do that?

We will not be getting Brown based on what we currently know.

We know he "talked" with us. And then there was nothing after that.

We know he visited Oakland and seemed offended by what they offered him.

We know he just visited Miami and left without a deal and basically said he wasn't going to shut the door on them or even on Oakland but that he wanted to see if there were better offers out there.

We know he fired his agent and hired new ones.

At this point he is looking for the largest pay day possible.

If he goes the 1 year route, he has to be targeting more than the $4.5M Minter got based on his Pro Bowl season, statistics, etc.

I cannot see the Colts dropping $5-6M for 1 year on him when they just put out a 1 year deal for Spence.

Sadly, I think the Brown ship has long sailed for us. Hope I am wrong.

I think i'll defer to Ballard rather than these armchair GMs around here.  I love ke the fact that he isnt overpaying for guys who will most likely underperform for their new team, like the majority of high-priced free agents it seems.  I think its safe to assume ballard knows more about him hese guys than ANY of us.

2 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Dude might be a head case.

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Bungled from Jump Street.

They've been asking for way, way too much.      Now most of the FA money around the league is gone,  and positions are getting filled.     Far fewer options.

He'd probably be better cutting the best 1-year deal he can,  and then trying free agency next year.....

Now......    will he do that?

Would be the perfect time to swoop and get him on a good deal. He already played the pillow contract game and had a big season...and still didn't get paid. I suppose he could do it again to show he's more than a flash in the pan...but that's risky and he would also be a year older when he enters FA again.

If OAK's offer is offensive...and we know MIA isn't offering much (they reportedly only offered Poe $3-4M so I imagine they aren't offering Brown much at all)...then I would think Ballard could get a reasonable deal done.

38 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I think i'll defer to Ballard rather than these armchair GMs around here.  I love ke the fact that he isnt overpaying for guys who will most likely underperform for their new team, like the majority of high-priced free agents it seems.  I think its safe to assume ballard knows more about him hese guys than ANY of us.

Dude might be a head case.

If that's the case I want no part of him...if he just has a bad agent I'm cool with a 1 year offer. It isn't like we have to worry about losing out on any compensatory picks next year as we didn't lose any significant free agents (imo)....so sign him...if he breaks out we got first chance to sign long term and if it doesn't maybe we get a conditional 5th or something if he leaves next offseason....but cancer..questionable effort guys I don't like.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

If that's the case I want no part of him...if he just has a bad agent I'm cool with a 1 year offer. It isn't like we have to worry about losing out on any compensatory picks next year as we didn't lose any significant free agents (imo)....so sign him...if he breaks out we got first chance to sign long term and if it doesn't maybe we get a conditional 5th or something if he leaves next offseason....but cancer..questionable effort guys I don't like.

I think that is something we all can agree on.  

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

dolphins-35.png  Dolphins | Zach Brown still an option in MIA    Wed Mar 22, 11:37 AM

Free-agent LB Zach Brown (Bills) is still an option for the Miami Dolphins, according to sources. The Dolphins have hesitated to give Brown a two-year, $12 million deal, which is the range he's seeking.

Link to story
Zach Brown player page

I would be ok giving him that contract.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

dolphins-35.png  Dolphins | Zach Brown still an option in MIA    Wed Mar 22, 11:37 AM

Free-agent LB Zach Brown (Bills) is still an option for the Miami Dolphins, according to sources. The Dolphins have hesitated to give Brown a two-year, $12 million deal, which is the range he's seeking.

Link to story
Zach Brown player page

To me that isn't unreasonable price....so we are talking character/effort issues here clearly.

33 minutes ago, krunk said:

Link to story
Zach Brown player page

That would be an ok deal for us.

I think his agent he just fired hurt him with some teams.  Now that he has a new agent and if that is his true price I see him staying in Buffalo.  I would like to have him and at that price we could f or sure do it, but I think Ballard is past that now.  He seems to not be a fan of the chase.  Now what is going on with Hankins???

2 hours ago, krunk said:

Link to story
Zach Brown player page

Cutting Jones would pay for that. Why is that guy still on the team?