Colts are signing WR Kamar Aiken

Everyone

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Plenty of cap left, and plenty of holes to fill.  NT, CB, ILB, competition/depth at G, and S.

We are not going after Hankins so we will roll with woods and a rookie cb I am sure is 100% coming from the draft ilb as well after the Spence deal Grubb maybe if one gets cut later on S I don't see happening in FA only garbage is available 

Not a fan of this signing. Drafted him in the 8th round of my 16 team fantasy football league, and ended up dropping him for Michael Thomas very quickly. Seems to disappear in games. Was hoping we would pass on him. The upside is we get a receiver to compete with Dorsett without using a draft pick on one, which is a good thing. 

On another note, this probably means we will draft a CB early on, seeing how we have ignored taking one in FA.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Not a fan of this signing. Drafted him in the 8th round of my 16 team fantasy football league, and ended up dropping him for Michael Thomas very quickly. Seems to disappear in games. Was hoping we would pass on him. The upside is we get a receiver to compete with Dorsett without using a draft pick on one, which is a good thing. 

I don't think Ballard is taking fantasy stats into consideration. 

41 minutes ago, Dustin said:

29 catches 328 yards last season. 

75 the year before. Almost 1000 Yards  not ganna look it up I'm lazy. I think 7 or 8 TDs. Flacco was inconsistent and Mike Wallace ate into his playing time as the 3rd WR. 

35 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Why would it be trouble for Dorsett?

How much "trouble" is debatable, but it is trouble for Dorsett.   It is another WR who has the potential to push Dorsett down the depth chart. 

Don't mind this signing, I think he can be a solid #2 if necessary.  

The problem is as I said in another thread, who's he taking snaps from? 

Or is it possible that we brought him on because we're going to use TE less often and more WR's.  

36 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

We are not going after Hankins so we will roll with woods and a rookie cb I am sure is 100% coming from the draft ilb as well after the Spence deal Grubb maybe if one gets cut later on S I don't see happening in FA only garbage is available 

Roll with woods as our starting NT? With a 231 pound LB in Sean Spence? That smells of bottom 3 in the league again. 100% were not done with FA. Proof? We got Mychal Rivera in for a visit today and we got about 20 mil left. And watch us go after Hankins now that he had to lower his price

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Or is it possible that we brought him on because we're going to use TE less often and more WR's.  

I think it means a lot more 3 WR looks. 

2 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

He could have his own specific role in the roster, as that big bodied wide receiver you can go to for short yardage. We don't have any WR that can do that, except maybe Moncrief, but he doesn't play physical. I think it could be trouble for Chester Rodgers, although that would be unfair as Rodgers was reliable.

4 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I think this signing was made purely on bringing in competition for both Moncrief and Dorsett. Ballard said he wants competition at all positions, and that will only make Moncrief and Dorsett better if they have to compete more for their starting jobs.

Chudzinski still loves using his TEs so I could still see Doyle and Swoope getting some good action.

2 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I think this signing was made purely on bringing in competition for both Moncrief and Dorsett. Ballard said he wants competition at all positions, and that will only make Moncrief and Dorsett better if they have to compete more for their starting jobs.

Chudzinski still loves using his TEs so I could still see Doyle and Swoope getting some good action.

He's also shown he can step up in the face of injury, which we need with Moncrief.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

So Moncrief should have been playing with a broken leg? By the way he broke his leg on a freak play.

Where are you getting that I said Moncrief should be playing injured? It's football. Injuries happen and once they do a player may be more susceptible to injury than he was prior to it. We picked up a guy who performed great in Steve Smith's absence and now he is here in case one of our receivers go down.

5 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Also Rogers.   I think Moncrief and Hilton have the top 2 spots sealed up.   The 3rd and 4th are wide open.  I think the Colts need a guy who's good in the slot.   Rogers may be that guy.

6 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Where are you getting that I said Moncrief should be playing injured? It's football. Injuries happen and once they do a player may be more susceptible to injury than he was prior to it. We picked up a guy who performed great in Steve Smith's absence and now he is here in case one of our receivers go down.

A player who can step up in the face of injury, which we need with Moncrief sound familiar?

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

A player who can step up in the face of injury, which we need with Moncrief sound familiar?

Nowhere in that does it say I expected Moncrief to play injured. I said we are getting a guy who has proven he can step up when the person ahead of him is injured as he showed with Steve Smith two years ago.

This is not only good for competition but also a huge help in the redzone. Hilton is good at marching into the endzone with distance but not as good at producing when the play starts in the redzone.

I like the idea of a redzone offense of Moncrief, Aiken, Doyel, Swoope, and Gore just for size alone. Wanna get TY in there? Take a breather Swoope! ;)