Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

There are several ways for us to capitalize on this draft. I wanted to list a couple ideas that are out there get your opinion and your mock draft with your favorite scenario. The likelihood of any of these trades are slim to none but why not.

1. Doo Doo Brown

Trade back with Cleveland

The Browns have really made some moves. We could be the final piece in facilitating a trade between them and the Pats. We trade our 1st round pick for two 2nd round pick and a 4th. The Browns could trade the 12th and the 15th for Jimmy or the 12th and two 2nd round picks 2018 for Jimmy. Our pick is important to give him a weapon most likely OJ Howard or to give the Pats two 1st rounders for Jimmy if thats the asking price.

Our draft would look like

2nd (browns)

2nd (browns)

2nd

3rd

4th (browns)

4th

4th (pats)

4th (comp)

5th

2. KC and the Sunshine kid

Trade back with Kansas City Chiefs

We get both of their 3rd round picks

And Jeremy Maclin

The familiarity between the front office helps deal. Andy Reid gets his QB and with Alex Smith only having a year or two left on contract this is the perfect time to groom a young QB. KC gets cap relief from getting rid of Maclin 10 million a year contract. Getting QB in the 1st round becomes crucial especially looking at the Kurt Cousins situation. They jump ahead of Washington and Houston for a QB.

Luck now have Hilton, Maclin, Moncrief, Doyle, Gore and a rookie rb as weapons. If healthy this could easily be a top 5 offense. We do have enough money to absorb Maclin massive contract.

Pick 27th

2nd

3rd

3rd (chiefs)

3rd (chiefs comp)

4th

4th (pats)

4th (comp)

5th

3. Griggs isn't the only one with Philly number

Trade with Philadelphia Eagles

Trade our 5th round pick for Mychal Kendricks ILB.

4. Jet lag

Trade with New York

Trade our 3rd round pick and 4th round comp pick for Sheldon Richardson of the Jets. If/when he leaves the Jets next year they will probably recieve a 3rd round comp. This is a loaded draft with us picking in the middle of the 3rd round. The value of our pick plus the 4th round comp should be enough to pry him away. If he leaves us we get a 3rd round comp. This is a expensive rental but after watching how the browns were able to keep Collins I'm sure we could retain Sheldon Richardson.

1st

2nd

4th

4th (pats)

5th

5. One Giant leap

Trade with the New York Giants

New York jumps ahead of Baltimore and Tampa Bay for a RB or OJ Howard. They have a short window to win another championship. Eli is getting older and Odell contract will be out of this world. Giants tool up for a 2 or 3 year run.

1st (23rd)

2nd

2nd (Giants)

3rd

4th

4th (pats)

4th (comp)

5th

With so many arm chair GMs I'm sure we can get creative and put together a decent draft.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Too Proud said:

Thanks for the read and participating 

Your trade values are fair according to one chart I looked.  Your logic is sound enough.  The chances of any of the scenarios happening?  Who knows.

I wouldn't be surprised if we do trade back, we need the talent.  

I have been a proponent of your Cleveland trade for quite some time now.  The only difference is that I want Dan Shelton their NT and a second and a third versus your two 2's and a 4th.  Same idea give them what they need to trade for Jimmy G.  Shelton is there former 1st. rd. pick who is still in his rookie contract.  They are switching to a 4-3 so they really don't need a NT.   I like the trade for Kendricks but there is still a chance they might release him anyway. The Giants trade looks good to me as well.  I can see Chris trying to trade for more picks.  Nice job.  

3 minutes ago, Mr. Too Proud said:

Hence the name Doo Doo Brown lol. Yet if the Pats lost the heir to the throne would it be worth giving them 2 1st rounders.

then the patriots would probably get the next great hof QB with one of those picks

haha great names.

But is KC even interested in moving Maclin? Even so, I'm not sure how I feel with getting another long term contract for a WR, unless the team really has 0 faith in Dorsett and those murmurs about Moncrief turn out to be true. Even so, I'd rather get younger.

I like the Giants trade though. I could see it happening.

That is pretty good OP.  I would like to add one element to the Giants trade.  Instead of maybe getting their pick, instead take Hankins off their hands.  They don't wanna pay him, we need him, they get a lower pick outta the deal and move up in the 1st.  If not there could be SOME creative way to do it.

I would love the first option and trading with Cleveland.  This allows us to have some solid 2nd round picks and still get a great deal of talent with the 9 picks.  We could immediately address OLB, CB, and DL right away and be getting great players.

14 hours ago, Mr. Too Proud said:

Our draft would look like

2nd (browns)  - Takk McKinley OLB

2nd (browns)  -  Fab Moreau CB

2nd  -  Caleb Brantley DL

3rd  -  Raekwon McMillan ILB

4th (browns) - Howard Wilson CB

4th - Samaje Perine RB

4th (pats) - Rayshawn Jenkins S

4th (comp) - Alex Anzalone ILB

5th - Vince Biegel OLB