Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard message to Colts fans

Steamboat_Shaun

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

Nice message. Very sincere and desire to make us regain the AFC South. I don't recall any past GM put a video communicating directly with the fan base his focus. Best wishes and Go Luck!

Totally agree, I love the transparency, availability, and sincerity of Chris Ballard so far. He doesn't strike me as one who's going to lurk behind the scenes and shy away from interviews with the local media, which I thought was one of Grigson's worst missteps during his tenure.

5 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Totally agree, I love the transparency, availability, and sincerity of Chris Ballard so far. He doesn't strike me as one who's going to lurk behind the scenes and shy away from interviews with the local media, which I thought was one of Grigson's worst missteps during his tenure.

I agree with the bolded. By the time Grigson started doing more media, the locals had already turned on him and he was unpopular with the fans. I don't care whether the GM does interviews with local media or national, just that he does them; I don't really care for any of the Indy guys.

We'll see what Ballard's strategy is, but he hasn't blown me away with any media he's done so far. It's still early.

9 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Grigs was/is a huge turd...so he probably did himself a favor. Pagano has already reached folk hero status for his ability to spout off cliches and speak for minutes without actually saying anything. Sometimes being behind the scenes is not necessarily a bad thing.

But I do agree that Ballard is a breath of fresh air compared to those two guys. 

Just now, Superman said:

I agree with the bolded. By the time Grigson started doing more media, the locals had already turned on him and he was unpopular with the fans. I don't care whether the GM does interviews with local media or national, just that he does them; I don't really care for any of the Indy guys.

We'll see what Ballard's strategy is, but he hasn't blown me away with any media he's done so far. It's still early.

By the time Grigson opened himself up to interviews, it had the feel of a guy trying desperately to repair his image, as opposed to making himself available. Huge difference between the 2, and like you said, the damage had pretty much been done at that point.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

it had the feel of a guy trying desperately to repair his image

He basically said so, that he was being more outspoken to try to correct some of the misconceptions about him, etc. Problem is people were already convinced about him, so it was too late. 

1 minute ago, Superman said:

He basically said so, that he was being more outspoken to try to correct some of the misconceptions about him, etc. Problem is people were already convinced about him, so it was too late. 

Were they misconceptions though?

5 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

"I'm excited about the draft and the upcoming season. Come out and root us on, we need you to make noise and create that great home field advantage... Go Colts" etc. 

Nothing special then.  Didn't sound like ti from all the comments, but just thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks!

35 minutes ago, Superman said:

What would be a media appearance that would blow you away? I honestly can't imagine what that would look like for me.

The draft is full of talented players, but they have to match what your team is doing.  That's where Grigson is different from what I see of Ballard.  If the 2 of them both grabbed equally talented players, Ballards will probably play better because they fit the MO of them team.  Grigson's players seemed mismatched to me.

Breath of fresh air. He knows colts fans are complaining on Twitter to irsay and sends a video saying pretty much saying  "relaaaaaxxx, I have a plan" 

so nice to trust ur gm and that he has an actual plan 

2 hours ago, shastamasta said:

"I know we are rebuilding...but please still buy tickets."

Just kidding...sort of.

You're not wrong.

17 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Can't wait to watch the draft. 

That's where the rubber meets the road. I can get on board with the FA signings, but the draft is very make or break for him in his first year. If he nails it, we could have a good season in his first year and be set up for success moving forward. If he doesn't, it could be dark times ahead.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

What would be a media appearance that would blow you away? I honestly can't imagine what that would look like for me.

One appearance wouldn't do it. I'm talking about his overall media strategy, which hasn't been anything different than anyone else. He did his introductory stuff when he got hired, then the Combine pressers, and that's it. 

Basically, there's this sentiment that everything Ballard does is the opposite of everything Grigson did, and it's really not. There's not enough book on Ballard to contrast him with Grigson, in basically any way.

17 minutes ago, Superman said:

One appearance wouldn't do it. I'm talking about his overall media strategy, which hasn't been anything different than anyone else. He did his introductory stuff when he got hired, then the Combine pressers, and that's it. 

Basically, there's this sentiment that everything Ballard does is the opposite of everything Grigson did, and it's really not. There's not enough book on Ballard to contrast him with Grigson, in basically any way.

Same goes for judging his body of work. We have gotten national praise on his hire and some of the contracts he has handed out. It's still the honeymoon phase and we haven't drafted or played a game yet and he is everyone's darling. I am optimistic as is everyone else since we got the change we wanted, but we have to wait to make any fair assessment.

4 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

nod robert redford jeremiah johnson GIF

I bust out overtime you post that...

Well, I personally think that was a pretty cool message.  By no means did he have to put that message out... my thoughts are that he is genuine in his quest to not only put a good team on the field but to do it in a way that will unify the team with togetherness, and make one that can be a unit for more than just a few years.  I hope he is able to do just that.

5 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Grigson did have a weekly interview show. Just saying.