Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts need to make a trade for Malcom Butler or Richard Sherman..

19 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

He's doing pretty good actually needs to add jenkins and brown and follow my draft strategy and we r 12-4 minimum next yr...He is watching and will msg me soon..If u don't think Irsay or Ballard or the players watch this board ur fooling yourself...Chris Ballard please offer me a job, ill start at the bottom and work my butt off...My destiny is to be a colt somehow someway..

Your right he is doing good you want to trade all our damn picks like a fool 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, jshipp23 said:

Trading a 2nd for Butler is far from foolish..How u think Vontae Davis is here?

HE HAS A 1ST ROUND TENDER! I'm like the 1000000th person to tell you that. They are not trading him for a second plus neither are gonna be that good in our scheme.

Just now, jshipp23 said:

Talk to Mathis about college, get back to me..

College has nothing to do with this.    Mathis is going to have a gold jacket.  Malcolm butler ain't.     We need to stick to our plan. 

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

I never said 1st thats riddick, 2nd allll daaay long

Didn't he just tell you about the 1st round tender?  You still holding out hopes for Jon Gruden I bet?    Listen to what they just told you.  They don't want a 2nd rounder for the guy.

30 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Trading a 2nd for Butler is far from foolish..How u think Vontae Davis is here?

Patriots require a 1st round pick for Butler because they have a 1st round tender on him. They won't take a 2nd rounder.

This is pure intuition but Butler feels like the classic kind of player people overpay for: a system cornerback who has (really) 1 very good season. I wouldn't give up a 1st for him and a 2nd would be questionable. Why take risks when we feel comfortable with our GM's drafting capabilities?

We're not gunning for a Super Bowl this season, I don't think we need to give up draft capital for players. This not getting into the fact that we would need to work out a long-term deal with Butler. 

36 minutes ago, krunk said:

Didn't he just tell you about the 1st round tender?  You still holding out hopes for Jon Gruden I bet?    Listen to what they just told you.  They don't want a 2nd rounder for the guy.

Thats a tender brother..do u know belichik wouldn't take a 2nd for him? We see butler differently i c an elite player when i watch him..

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

He's doing pretty good actually needs to add jenkins and brown and follow my draft strategy and we r 12-4 minimum next yr...He is watching and will msg me soon..If u don't think Irsay or Ballard or the players watch this board ur fooling yourself...Chris Ballard please offer me a job, ill start at the bottom and work my butt off...My destiny is to be a colt somehow someway..

Colts_Mascot_WTF_Are_You_Doing_Man.png

Probably won't get Blues job though.  

How about

xJanitor,P20mopping,P20floor.jpg.pagespe

24 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Thats a tender brother..do u know belichik wouldn't take a 2nd for him? We see butler differently i c an elite player when i watch him..

This is probably true.  If he ends up with the Saints, chances are it won't be for a 1st round pick.  The guys on Sirius think it will end up a 2nd.

25 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

The saints are getting ready to give them their 32nd pick back for butler.  Why would they take our 2nd?

2 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Man all you have to do is guarantee it and you will have moved to an all new level on this board!!!

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

This is probably true.  If he ends up with the Saints, chances are it won't be for a 1st round pick.  The guys on Sirius think it will end up a 2nd.

If its not for a 1st it'd be stupid on NE's part. They probably wont get a better player in the middle of the 2nd than Butler is. At least not for this coming year, which is what matters. Butler is a young, star caliber Corner. Paired with Gilmore they have an elite CB duo. Then you gotta expect Flowers to continue to grow as an EDGE rusher on the other side of Ealy. I could see Flowers putting up 12 sacks, and Ealy putting up 8-10, and they'll be pretty dominant as bad as I hate to say it. I'm just a firm believer with 2 shutdown corners and 2 double digit sack EDGE rushers you're gonna have a really good D. And I know neither Flowers or Ealy have had 10plus sack years thus far, but they're both young ascending players. Especially Flowers. That kids gonna be a star. I think Ealy will excel in NE under BB.  So look for him to break out this year. Like I said 8-10 sacks. Watch out for Geno Grissom too.

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

Man all you have to do is guarantee it and you will have moved to an all new level on this board!!!

Im not sure ballard has the balls..Ill guarantee riddick in 1st and Watt in 2nd tho..2 future pro bowlers...handle CB IN 3 AND 4TH...

6 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

If its not for a 1st it'd be stupid on NE's part. They probably wont get a better player in the middle of the 2nd than Butler is. At least not for this coming year, which is what matters. Butler is a young, star caliber Corner. Paired with Gilmore they have an elite CB duo. Then you gotta expect Flowers to continue to grow as an EDGE rusher on the other side of Ealy. I could see Flowers putting up 12 sacks, and Ealy putting up 8-10, and they'll be pretty dominant as bad as I hate to say it. I'm just a firm believer with 2 shutdown corners and 2 double digit sack EDGE rushers you're gonna have a really good D. And I know neither Flowers or Ealy have had 10plus sack years thus far, but they're both young ascending players. Especially Flowers. That kids gonna be a star. I think Ealy will excel in NE under BB.  So look for him to break out this year. Like I said 8-10 sacks. Watch out for Geno Grissom too.

Could be, but NE likes to move guys before their big contracts.   Plenty of CBs in the draft.  Butler was a UDFA that NE made into a star, any doubt they could do that with a CB they get at 2?  

Man, I can't wait until Belichek and Brady retire.  I hope it's sometime this century.  

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Colts_Mascot_WTF_Are_You_Doing_Man.png

Probably won't get Blues job though.  

How about

xJanitor,P20mopping,P20floor.jpg.pagespe

10 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Somebody gets it!!!! How about we get Butler and have 2 shutdown corners. .i dont c a downside. ..

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

Could be, but NE likes to move guys before their big contracts.   Plenty of CBs in the draft.  Butler was a UDFA that NE made into a star, any doubt they could do that with a CB they get at 2?  

Man, I can't wait until Belichek and Brady retire.  I hope it's sometime this century.  

Costs us 2 or 3 super bowls...i hope they both quit soon as well..

9 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

I agree if it means giving up a 1st, but you wouldn't be stoked giving up a 3rd for Sherman? He is making 11 million a year which is actually low for corners in their second contracts nowadays. 

If he fit our scheme i would definitely be ecstatic if we were able to land him for a 3rd, but i dont think we have the supporting cast to maximize his skills on the backend.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2017 at 10:37 AM, jshipp23 said:

So lets roll with a rookie or melvin as our # 2??? Lets see how that works out?

Well, at Ballards' last job, he started a 1st round rookie at CB.

Marcus Peters worked out pretty well.  Ballard might not strike gold twice like that, but I like his track record.

Davis worked out well for us, but remember, he was only 24 when we traded for him.

We can't trade for Sherman from 3 years ago or Butler from 2 years ago.  At their age, they are not worth the trade.  Free agents, yeah, but give up draft picks? No.

Trading a draft pick (potential decade of good play) for maybe 2-3 years of declining play?  Draft CB with that pick.