Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts need to make a trade for Malcom Butler or Richard Sherman..

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

I think Butler can be had for a 2nd and he is a top 5 cb right now...Sherman possibly could be had for a 3rd or 4th.. New England isn't gonna pay Brown after signing Gilmore and they need picks as they've traded away most of their picks this year..With Brown and Davis we would have the top secondary in the league and give our linebackers time to sack the qb...

You really think Sherman could be had for a 3rd or 4th? People get mad at me for wanting us to do something that's actually possible bro. Wow. Sherman is what? 27? 1st rounder if he could even be had.

2 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

King and Baker are both Safeties bro.

King can be a pro bowler at either and instantly come in and replace butler in the slot since he is a safety now...Baker plays moneymaker, safety, slot, blitzinf ilb even...Ive coached my last 3 12 yr old football teams to undefeated seasons...I know more than u believe..I know what works..Same things work in NFL if u get the guys that FIT ur system which BALLARD looks to be doing..Hopefully Zach Brown is in the stable soon as well..

38 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

The Patriots are doing it because Brady's at the end of his career.  They are not at all threatened by us.  

Also, I'm all for being aggressive, but just offering far lower consideration in a trade doesn't mean the other team will trade with you.  Patriots have a 1st round tender, why would they let him go for less than that?  Sherman is reportedly going for "serious offers" only and a 3rd or 4th is not serious.  

Brady has 5 years left...We can't hope he retires, we have to build a machine that can beat him and force him to RETIRE. ..

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

Malcom Butler is a beast , well worth a 2nd round pick! Everytime I watch him he is making plays all over the field..We need a PLAYMAKER like him on this defense..

Here is all you need to know about Butler.

In the last year contracted.

Would need either extension or long term deal.

The Pats decided to give the long term money to Gilmore, which they could have easily given to Butler.

The Pats we're ultimately trying to get rid of Butler by originally offering him in the original Cooks trade.

The Pats tendered him at round 1 level, however based on everything I mentioned above, the tender was not based on the Pats thinking he was great, it was based on what can we get for him.

All this means that the Pats clearly do not think Butler is that good, so why would you?

He is not worth the money or the picks. He may be better than our corners beyond Vontae, but no where near as good as make him out to be.

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

King can be a pro bowler at either and instantly come in and replace butler in the slot since he is a safety now...Baker plays moneymaker, safety, slot, blitzinf ilb even...Ive coached my last 3 12 yr old football teams to undefeated seasons...I know more than u believe..I know what works..Same things work in NFL if u get the guys that FIT ur system which BALLARD looks to be doing..Hopefully Zach Brown is in the stable soon as well..

Man no disrespect, but anyone who knows football knows Desmond King would only be a corner in a zone scheme. He's a safety with us. He's no press man corner. Baker is just a safety all the way around. He does possess some really good skills as an all around safety, but he's not a true CB. Could he come down and cover the slot receiver here and there? Yes. But he's no full time pro bowl CORNER.

21 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I'd rather draft very young talent in a draft class that is loaded with corners.

WE STILL CAN ! Gems will be under the dirt in 3rd and 4th who could turn out better than 1st round guys...deep deep cb class..you got to keep in mind if we draft a cb high it will takw time for them to develop and adjust to nfl speed..Why we need proven guys till they Can DEVELOP..

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

WE STILL CAN ! Gems will be under the dirt in 3rd and 4th who could turn out better than 1st round guys...deep deep cb class..you got to keep in mind if we draft a cb high it will takw time for them to develop and adjust to nfl speed..Why we need proven guys till they Can DEVELOP..

Heck yeah its a deep CB class, but you listed 2 safeties and said they could be pro bowlers at corner

And yes you can find gems in the 4th and up.

10 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

You really think Sherman could be had for a 3rd or 4th? People get mad at me for wanting us to do something that's actually possible bro. Wow. Sherman is what? 27? 1st rounder if he could even be had.

BECAUSE OF HIS AGE AND SALARY I WOULDN'T OFFER CLOSE TO A 1ST, maybe 3rd, or a 4th and 5th...

6 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Man no disrespect, but anyone who knows football knows Desmond King would only be a corner in a zone scheme. He's a safety with us. He's no press man corner. Baker is just a safety all the way around. He does possess some really good skills as an all around safety, but he's not a true CB. Could he come down and cover the slot receiver here and there? Yes. But he's no full time pro bowl CORNER.

Agreed..he is a game wrecker, van play safety, slot , or ilb in blitzes 

12 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Brady has 5 years left...We can't hope he retires, we have to build a machine that can beat him and force him to RETIRE. ..

5?  He's like 14 months younger than Manning.  Manning was awesome until he hit 39 and then went caput.  Favre made it to 40.  Kurt Warner started tapping out at 38.  Brady does not have 5 years left.  That's nonsense.

5 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Heck yeah its a deep CB class, but you listed 2 safeties and said they could be pro bowlers at corner

And yes you can find gems in the 4th and up.

I don't view Desmond King as just a safety is where we differ..King is a ballhawk man like you don't see very often..He could be a pro bowl wd reed type safety or the best slot cb in the league..Baker is just a game wrecker, thats where coaching comes in and pagano needs to prove his worth..Baker can be like the honey badger, and i also think he could play in slot or strong safety when geathers is playing ILB in certain situations..I want a team full of players who can do multiple things, much like patriots, hard to gameplan against that. 

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

5?  He's like 14 months younger than Manning.  Manning was awesome until he hit 39 and then went caput.  Favre made it to 40.  Kurt Warner started tapping out at 38.  Brady does not have 5 years left.  That's nonsense.

Brady is a unicorn..research his diet and workouts..He can easily play 5 more years...

What is with so many on this board thinking we can "win now"? We are not close chill the hell out and give ballard some time our roster was complete garbage before he got here it sure as hell won't be fixed in one offseason plus we prolly will have a new head coach next year as well sure doesn't seem like "win now" to me.

3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Brady is a unicorn..research his diet and workouts..He can easily play 5 more years...

Research his diet?  Are you suggesting that no one else has a similar diet because they don't want to play into their mid-40s?  Brady's the only guy who has his diet AND the desire to play into their mid-40s?  Com'on dude. Get real.

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

Research his diet?  Are you suggesting that no one else has a similar diet because they don't want to play into their mid-40s?  Brady's the only guy who has his diet AND the desire to play into their mid-40s?  Com'on dude. Get real.

Yes most guys don't live on millet and sleep in hyperbaric chambers..lol..look it up..

25 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Dude,  he coached 12 year olds to an undefeated season.    He is basically Vince Lombardi reincarnated 

19 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Yes they do, and they've been doing it for years.  Doesn't magically make a 45 year old play like a 29 year old.

Not many athletes eat that kind of food though. They do eat a lot of lean meat and vegetables but not EXACTLY what he eats. However, a quick release, and a system conducive to short passing, and his arm strength are all factors too for his longevity.

I remember my chiropractor talking about nightshade veggies (tomatoes, stop light peppers, mushrooms etc.) that grow at night causing more inflammation. You cut down the inflammation in the body, you will stay free from a LOT of diseases. Only thing I have in common with Brady is I cook exclusively with olive oil and coconut oil at home, use Himalayan pink salt, and eat only brown rice not white rice. :) It takes a LOT of discipline to eat that way ALL the time. Brady has been a big proponent of natural and organic food, and I am a big supporter of his ways and his trainer Alex Guerrero. 

Here is a personal chef revealing what Brady eats:

http://www.businessinsider.com/tom-brady-eats-still-play-pro-football-2016-10

Just now, chad72 said:

Not many athletes eat that kind of food though. They do eat a lot of lean meat and vegetables but not EXACTLY what he eats. However, a quick release, and a system conducive to short passing, and his arm strength are all factors too for his longevity.

I remember my chiropractor talking about nightshade veggies (tomatoes, stop light peppers, mushrooms etc.) that grow at night causing more inflammation. You cut down the inflammation in the body, you will stay free from a LOT of diseases. Only thing I have in common with Brady is I cook exclusively with olive oil and coconut oil at home, and eat only brown rice not white rice. :) It takes a LOT of discipline to eat that way ALL the time. Brady has been a big proponent of natural and organic food, and I am a big supporter of his ways and his trainer Alex Guerrero. 

Most players r car shopping and creating child support payments..

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I remember my chiropractor talking about nightshade veggies (tomatoes, stop light peppers, mushrooms etc.) that grow at night causing more inflammation. You cut down the inflammation in the body, you will stay free from a LOT of diseases. Only thing I have in common with Brady is I cook exclusively with olive oil and coconut oil at home, use Himalayan pink salt, and eat only brown rice not white rice. :) It takes a LOT of discipline to eat that way ALL the time. Brady has been a big proponent of natural and organic food, and I am a big supporter of his ways and his trainer Alex Guerrero. 

I was speaking more about the sleep chamber.  Diets are what they are.  But there's nothing about diets taht no other athlete's dietitians don't already have access to.  It's not some new development no one knows about.  Still, people aren't lasting into their mid-40s playing at a high level otehr than punters/kickers perhaps.

44 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Sir,

you are not supposed to drink the bong water. Please put down the bong, step away from the keyboard and give Ballard a chance to right the ship.

sincerely,

csmopar

47 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

What is with so many on this board thinking we can "win now"? We are not close chill the hell out and give ballard some time our roster was complete garbage before he got here it sure as hell won't be fixed in one offseason plus we prolly will have a new head coach next year as well sure doesn't seem like "win now" to me.

I don't think anyone thinks it's "win now," but even as bad as the roster has been, they've only been 1 game away from winning the division these past 2 years. While most realize we likely won't be competing for a Super Bowl, there's still room for some improvement, and with even a halfway reliable defense, we should at the very least be able to win the South. Once in the playoffs, anything can happen.

Having said that, I think trading for Sherman or Butler would be foolish.

8 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I don't think anyone thinks it's "win now," but even as bad as the roster has been, they've only been 1 game away from winning the division these past 2 years. While most realize we likely won't be competing for a Super Bowl, there's still room for some improvement, and with even a halfway reliable defense, we should at the very least be able to win the South. Once in the playoffs, anything can happen.

Having said that, I think trading for Sherman or Butler would be foolish.

Well I keep seeing this go all out crap like we are close or something welse are not and just cause we were one game out of our crappy division do sent mean we are close the other teams in the playoffs will stomp a mud hole in us plus all 3 division rivals have improved even more since last year even the Texans cause they traded Brock and will prolly get Romo