CR91

Is Andrew the next Dan Marino

85 posts in this topic

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:34 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

What makes him better than Stafford?  These ar my most relevant QB stats of the two-

QB comp-

Name         Comp. %     TD%     Int%     Yd/gm     Y/A    QB rate    Sk/yr

Luck              59.2          5.0       2.6       272.5      7.0     87.3          31

Stafford         61.5          4.4       2.5        278        7.1     86.8          30

Where is the mark delineating one from the other?  Team record aside, that's a team thing.  And besides, Colts record has been .500 2 years straight while Detroit seems on the rise, even without Megatron.

A little cherry picking there..I dont see TDs (not TD %) or team victories....or rushing yards

Detroit 'seems to be on the rise...'last 2 years'  really?

weren't the Lions 7-9 two years ago.?   Colts have never had a losing season with Andrew...

Career team victories and division titles put Luck ahead of Matt Stafford, a good QB

They are not equals, to me

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

A little cherry picking there..I dont see TDs (not TD %) or team victories....or rushing yards

Detroit 'seems to be on the rise...'last 2 years'  really?

weren't the Lions 7-9 two years ago.?   Colts have never had a losing season with Andrew...

Career team victories and division titles put Luck ahead of Matt Stafford, a good QB

They are not equals, to me

Great point and that is very important because Andrew is a much better duel threat. He can take off and run with the best of them. One has to include everything when comparing stats. Just like with Cam, if you leave off his rushing numbers he isn't even a Top 10 QB.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great point and that is very important because Andrew is a much better duel threat. He can take off and run with the best of them. One has to include everything when comparing stats. Just like with Cam, if you leave off his rushing numbers he isn't even a Top 10 QB.

To add to this I don't care for any comparison to Andrew where a QB has never won a Playoff game, like Stafford or Carr. Andrew has played on a huge stage in the Playoffs = the Title game. Yes he failed but he lost to one of the best teams of all-time and he got the Colts that far without a running game.

Andrew could be the next Dan Marino.

He could be the GOAT if he wins 6 SBs in a row and breaks every QB record known to man.

We're a long way from either.  Heck, he could wake up tomorrow realizing he has no more desire for the game and decide he wants to build stadiums, like he studied in college, rather than play in them.

Let's just take this one game at a time for the next decade or so, and hope that we get to enjoy watching him play for the Colts for that long.

2 people like this

Maybe Grigson was channeling the Dolphins?

Marino + 2 smurfs,  Clayton and Duper 

Luck + 2 smurfs, TY and Dorsett 

No Super Bowls