Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post Week 2 FA Mock Poll

Post Week 2 FA Mock Poll  

36 members have voted

1. 1. With the second week of Free Agency over, where do you feel our focus will be in the draft? FA: (Sheard OLB, Simon OLB, Spence EDGE, Hunt DE, Wood DT, Mingo OLB)

• RD1: Foster or Reddick or Cunningham ILB RD2: McDowell DT or Adams DT or Wormley DT (ILB-DT)
    • RD1: Lamp or Ramczk or Bolles OT RD2: Lawson or Watt or Willis or Williams or Harris EDGE (OT-EDGE)
    • RD1: Barnett or Williams or McKinley EDGE RD2: McCaffery RB or Mixon RB or Engram TE or Feeney G (EDGE-OFFENSIVE NEED)
    • RD1: Hooker or Peppers or Baker S RD2: Lawson or Watt or Willis or Williams or Harris EDGE (SAFETY-EDGE)
    • RD1: Humphrey or Wilson or Conley or Jackson CB RD2: McMillan ILB or Walker DE or Tabor CB (CBs-DEFENSIVE NEED)
    • OTHER:

The first option gets closest to my liking, but doesn't have enough "edge" priority to get my vote....but honestly although in my heart I would love all of our selections to be defensive ones, I know that would be missing out on some good offensive opportunities at OL, RB, and TE(from Round 3 on)......so I will say in any reasonable order (defense round 1 & 2) Edge, LB, NT, DB.......and sprinkle in the (3) above mentioned offensive positions amongst the remaining picks while continuing with filling defensive needs as much as possible.

So if an option of RND #1 Edge RND #2 NT/ILB (based on best available) that would get my vote...we need DB's and or safety...but my assertion with the FA's we have added and drafting RND #1 -2 as outlined the priority of high end DB's decreases if we hit on most of FA's and Rnd1-2 picks......and could be improved upon next season in the draft if necessary......(AKA spinning yarn into gold more easily achieved for Pagano and staff with raw DB's and Safeties than DL and LB'ers......

Honestly, now that we've signed some folks and Sidney Jones got hurt, unless someone like Reddick or Foster is there, I'd be tempted to go for an offensive player like Mike Williams, Corey Davis, OJ Howard or Dalvin Cook.

Then go edge or CB in second and third rounds. 

1 hour ago, Gigc said:

Honestly, now that we've signed some folks and Sidney Jones got hurt, unless someone like Reddick or Foster is there, I'd be tempted to go for an offensive player like Mike Williams, Corey Davis, OJ Howard or Dalvin Cook.

I wouldn't mind Corey Davis. He'd be a stud in Indy

1 hour ago, Gigc said:

Jim Miller had us taking Njoku (Howard was already taken in their mock).   

Yeah, if we can sign Brown and Hankins, then it may truly be BPA minus QB.  

How about I phrase it this way: 

Within the first three rounds I want: a CB, a ILB, and an Edge guy. That is not unreasonable at all because at each of those rounds, one of the BDFA is bound to be one of those positions. And there is a good chance that each of those picks will be starter level defensive talent. 

If Foster or Lattimore drops in the first round to us, run to the podium and draft him. I hate to say this but we might need to wait till next year for that premier NT prospect/NT Free agent (Poe? lolol). We can make do this year with a platoon where we draft a big fat run-stopper late in the draft and then add him to our corps. 

8 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Agreed.  I HOPE it's a pass rusher, but if nobody there is deserving at #15, and you got a guy like Hooker or Foster sitting there who are, you go that route for sure.

Should trade down. That would be an expensive Hooker.

11 hours ago, Gigc said:

The only offense I can see us going in round 1 is an O-lineman. Seeing as Forrest Lamp is the only OL worth taking in the top 20 its either him or defense.