PrincetonTiger

RIP Chuck Berry

19 posts in this topic

From reports the First Responders tried to revive him at his St. Louis area residence but couldn't 

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

He was one of the creators of R&R

I agree with Tommy Chong!

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

From reports the First Responders tried to revive him at his St. Louis area residence but couldn't 

If I live to be 90, I will be grateful :)...RIP Chuck, I know this will ruffle some feathers but I always felt you were the true King of Rock and Roll and I appreciate all you gave us!

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

If I live to be 90, I will be grateful :)...RIP Chuck, I know this will ruffle some feathers but I always felt you were the true King of Rock and Roll and I appreciate all you gave us!

My Grandmother was 100 when she died last year

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

My Grandmother was 100 when she died last year

Wow!  My Grandmother was 94 when she passed last year as well...my sincerest condolences on your loss,

1 minute ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Wow!  My Grandmother was 94 when she passed last year as well...my sincerest condolences on your loss,

Of the 7 children of Duke and Grace Manning only 2 have not lived to see at least 90

1 person likes this

RIP Chuck  Father of Rock and Roll

3 people like this

I am saddened to hear of Chuck's passing. He was on the bill of the very first concert I ever went to back in 1968. It was him, The Beach Boys and Rare Earth, To this day he was one of the greatest performers I have ever seen. I was lucky to see at a time when he was in his prime and he put on an unforgettable performance that etched itself in my memory. IMO the true father of rock and roll. RIP Chuck.

3 people like this

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am saddened to hear of Chuck's passing. He was on the bill of the very first concert I ever went to back in 1968. It was him, The Beach Boys and Rare Earth, To this day he was one of the greatest performers I have ever seen. I was lucky to see at a time when he was in his prime and he put on an unforgettable performance that etched itself in my memory. IMO the true father of rock and roll. RIP Chuck.

If people have not seen it Hail Hail Rock and Roll shows just the perfectionist and performer he was.He was around 70 when it was made , lol still remember him yanking a knot in Kieth Richards tail on how to play.

3 people like this

4 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

If people have not seen it Hail Hail Rock and Roll shows just the perfectionist and performer he was.

Yes I agree. I have both the CD and the DVD of Hail.Hail Rock and Roll and do watch it from time to time.

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

If people have not seen it Hail Hail Rock and Roll shows just the perfectionist and performer he was.He was around 70 when it was made , lol still remember him yanking a knot in Kieth Richards tail on how to play.

Chuck played the guitar in piano key and not guitar tabs so he took a lot of other artist by surprise. I don't know if it's true but Keith Richards reported that Chuck punched him in the eye during one of their sound checks.

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Chuck played the guitar in piano key and not guitar tabs so he took a lot of other artist by surprise. I don't know if it's true but Keith Richards reported that Chuck punched him in the eye during one of their sound checks.

Go to 2:07

2 people like this

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

:lol: I think it was true

3 people like this