Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reddick is our guy!!!!

He can play inside lb and olb..He will give us 12 sacks and be a pro bowler year 1...If we somehow come away with Reddick in 1st, T.J. Watt in second, Desmond King or Budda Baker in 3rd, Mixon, Kamara, or Hunt in 4th , and Kittle at TE in 5th we are instant contenders....PERIOD..We are becoming very diverse , can play Mingo at ilb or olb, sheard the same...

It's curious that we haven't talked to any RBs.  Three on the roster right now, and unless Ferguson improved from last year, I don't know why he'd make it again.

So that makes it sure seem like we're going to take one in the draft.   I wonder if Cook or Fournette fall could we pass?

I'd love to see what @jshipp23 said above could happen.  That's a heck of a draft.  

8 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

It's curious that we haven't talked to any RBs.  Three on the roster right now, and unless Ferguson improved from last year, I don't know why he'd make it again.

So that makes it sure seem like we're going to take one in the draft.   I wonder if Cook or Fournette fall could we pass?

I'd love to see what @jshipp23 said above could happen.  That's a heck of a draft.  

Very interesting but I don't think Cook or Fournette falls that low.

There are some pretty good RBs in this draft and maybe we go for one in rd 2 or 3.

59 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

He can play inside lb and olb..He will give us 12 sacks and be a pro bowler year 1...If we somehow come away with Reddick in 1st, T.J. Watt in second, Desmond King or Budda Baker in 3rd, Mixon, Kamara, or Hunt in 4th , and Kittle at TE in 5th we are instant contenders....PERIOD..We are becoming very diverse , can play Mingo at ilb or olb, sheard the same...

I say we go Kittle with 1 of our 4th round picks why risk it. He fills DAs role year one and is a way better athlete with a higher ceiling. Reddick is 100% my guy im praying he makes it to us. I'm not for going edge round 2 because we need 2 starting corners from the draft after cutting Robinson. Round 2 and 3 will be so deep with corner and its a bigger need after signing Sheard and Simon. No way Kamara Or Mixon fall to the 4th, I'd be happy if Hunt did but he probably won't either. 

23 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Easily pass on cook, Fournette would be interesting but if Reddick is also on the board no hesitation take Haason all day.

58 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

If Fournette is there you sprint to the podium to hand the card in. Then you draft a guard the very next round to make the pick even better. 

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

We talked to Hunt at the Senior Bowl, but that's all I've seen so far. We seem to be extremely tight lipped about who we've talked to for the most part, at least compared to other teams.

8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I want cook or peppers

Those are guys you'd like to have, if you didn't have so many other needs IMO.  Especially on D.

i was listening to the NFL Channel, they did their first mock yesterday. Jim Miller picked David Njoku for the Colts. He must have been high.  If Ballard takes a TE first, he better not leave the compound.   

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

Those are guys you'd like to have, if you didn't have so many other needs IMO.  Especially on D.

i was listening to the NFL Channel, they did their first mock yesterday. Jim Miller picked David Njoku for the Colts. He must have been high.  If Ballard takes a TE first, he better not leave the compound.   

we do have a need at safety and we can still get brown and/or minter

4 minutes ago, Shive said:

We talked to Hunt at the Senior Bowl, but that's all I've seen so far. We seem to be extremely tight lipped about who we've talked to for the most part, at least compared to other teams.

We get something like 60 visits, right?  Not sure how accurate this list is:

IND.gif Indianapolis Colts
  • Tarell Basham, DE, Ohio (COM)
  • Gerald Everett, TE, South Alabama (COM)
  • Davon Godchaux, DT/3-4DE, LSU (COM)
  • Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo (SR)
  • Lorenzo Jerome, S, St Francis (PA) (SR)
  • John Johnson, S, Boston College (SR)
  • Aaron Jones, RB, Texas-El Paso (COM)
  • Marcus Maye, S, Florida (COM)
  • Taylor McNamara, TE, USC (EW)
  • Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut (SR)
  • Jalen Robinette, WR, Air Force (EW)
  •  

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

we do have a need at safety and we can still get brown and/or minter

I think there's less a need at S now that Butler is signed.  The draft has a lot of decent CBs, we need a couple.  

I hope we do pick up one or both of those FAs.  

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

•  

That's about what I've seen so far and I can't remember if its 60 total...

I love Hunt and Aaron Jones is a late round guy I've warmed up to. He plays bigger than his size would have you think. There's videos of him stiff-arming guys to the dirt twice his size.

I also like John Johnson as a FS selection. He'd be perfect to learn behind Butler this season and is a great centerfielder.

10 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

•  

I found this.

With the Senior Bowl, East-West Shrine Game, NFL Scouting Combine, various regional combines and individual school pro days, there are many opportunities for NFL teams to get a look at the top prospects from around the nation.

But the league also allows teams to host up to 30 official pre-draft visits (not counting players local to the team's area). Those visits are already underway and will continue until the days leading up to the draft. We'll follow the moves each team makes below.

1 minute ago, throwing BBZ said:

I found this.

With the Senior Bowl, East-West Shrine Game, NFL Scouting Combine, various regional combines and individual school pro days, there are many opportunities for NFL teams to get a look at the top prospects from around the nation.

But the league also allows teams to host up to 30 official pre-draft visits (not counting players local to the team's area). Those visits are already underway and will continue until the days leading up to the draft. We'll follow the moves each team makes below.

I was thinking I read 30 somewhere, but wouldn't remember if they allowed a certain number at the combine and a certain number after. Looks like I was wrong across the board...lol. Thanks for digging that up!

11 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I think there's less a need at S now that Butler is signed.  The draft has a lot of decent CBs, we need a couple.  

I hope we do pick up one or both of those FAs.  

With our lack of cbs currently, he'll probably play more slot then safety

2 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Budda Baker is going around picks 25-50.     Low 1st,  high to middle 2nd.      He won't be there in the 3rd.

Kamara is in the same range....     low 1st,  high to middle 2nd.        He won't be there in the 4th.

Mixon is going on Day2.       He's likely going in the 2nd to 3rd round.     Won't be there in the 4th.

Mingo is likely not going to be playing a lot of regular down snaps.    Viewed mostly as a special teamer.   The only wayne's playing more is if (A) someone else gets hurt,  or (B) the "light" goes on and he finally begins to figure it out....      Otherwise....

If we become instant contenders for the AFC South title,  I'll be happy in 2017.    Anything more than that is gravy....

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Budda Baker is going around picks 25-50.     Low 1st,  high to middle 2nd.      He won't be there in the 3rd.

Kamara is in the same range....     low 1st,  high to middle 2nd.        He won't be there in the 4th.

Mixon is going on Day2.       He's likely going in the 2nd to 3rd round.     Won't be there in the 4th.

Mingo is likely not going to be playing a lot of regular down snaps.    Viewed mostly as a special teamer.   The only wayne's playing more is if (A) someone else gets hurt,  or (B) the "light" goes on and he finally begins to figure it out....      Otherwise....

If we become instant contenders for the AFC South title,  I'll be happy in 2017.    Anything more than that is gravy....

I hope we stay away from Baker.  He remind me of Honey Badger.  Great player, but too small for his style of play.  An IR waiting to happen. 

We're already contenders for the AFC South.  But the Titans and Jags are rapidly improving.    If the Texans ever solve their QB dilemma, they're going to be tough to knock off the top spot.  

8 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I hope we stay away from Baker.  He remind me of Honey Badger.  Great player, but too small for his style of play.  An IR waiting to happen. 

We're already contenders for the AFC South.  But the Titans and Jags are rapidly improving.    If the Texans ever solve their QB dilemma, they're going to be tough to knock off the top spot.  

Wow!    This is scary!     Somehow you managed to jump right inside my head and write a post that's almost word for word what I've been thinking!       Seriously. 

Being inside my head must be a scary place to visit.    It goes back and forth between having some really strange and often unpopular thoughts and also being completely empty!     You can hear an echo in there!     

I like Baker,  but he'd never last until the 3rd round where I'd be more comfortable taking him.    And he's just too small for my preference of safeties.      As you know,  that's a collision position,  so I don't want someone 5'10 and 190.        I know some teams are OK with that,   but I'm not...    as you noted,  like Honey Badger....

By the way, speaking of which,  Mathieu, whose career has been better than I expected has missed nearly one full season's worth of games in his 4 years.      Out of 64 regular season starts,  I think he's missed 14 games...   about 3-4 every year.       And Arizona made him the highest paid safety in the game a year ago.     Too rich for my blood....

28 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wow!    This is scary!     Somehow you managed to jump right inside my head and write a post that's almost word for word what I've been thinking!       Seriously. 

Being inside my head must be a scary place to visit.    It goes back and forth between having some really strange and often unpopular thoughts and also being completely empty!     You can hear an echo in there!     

I like Baker,  but he'd never last until the 3rd round where I'd be more comfortable taking him.    And he's just too small for my preference of safeties.      As you know,  that's a collision position,  so I don't want someone 5'10 and 190.        I know some teams are OK with that,   but I'm not...    as you noted,  like Honey Badger....

By the way, speaking of which,  Mathieu, whose career has been better than I expected has missed nearly one full season's worth of games in his 4 years.      Out of 64 regular season starts,  I think he's missed 14 games...   about 3-4 every year.       And Arizona made him the highest paid safety in the game a year ago.     Too rich for my blood....

Lol!  And as we all know from the Bob Sanders years, DBs don't usually get healthier as they get older.

Don't know if you watched the Cardinals season on Amazon.  It really made me like their owner as a person.  But I don't think it was good business paying Matthieu.  Maybe it was incentive laden, which would make sense.  

39 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Baker is the same size as Butler, who many think will play safety this year. I understand size concerns but 190 isn't small and his play far outweighs any negatives about his size. 

Wouldn't write the kid off just because he's 10 pounds lighter than average. 

52 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

At the same time though. Mathieu is one of the best FS's in the NFL who also comes down and plays CB. I know you're only comparing their size, but I think Budda is going to be a superstar caliber safety. JMO. Mathieu has never really missed too many games, but still more than you'd want.

2013 - 13 games

2014 - 13 games

2015 - 14 games

2016 - 10 games

I'm OK with a guy missing 2 or 3 games. But missing 6 this past year was too many. Example.....I'd rather have Mathieu for 13 games a year as say a Mike Adams for 16. And Adams is a very, very good safety, and had his best years with us, He's just not the honey badger.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

With our lack of cbs currently, he'll probably play more slot then safety

He said he's playing safety, and that's what he is on the roster. The last thing we need at #15 is another SS. We already have Geathers and that's where Green will play too. If we take a safety it needs to be a FS. Which Peppers isn't. & Cook is a borderline 2nd rounder. 

And yeah ive been on the Reddick hype train. I love everything about him. But I'm not sure if Ballard will draft a ILB at 15 just because of his potential. 

I absolutely freaking love Reddick, but I just don't know where he's best suited. Right now I'd say ILB. I've said before he's like a Jamie Collins type. He might be a pro bowler at either inside or out. He seems to have the potential to be either, but again. To me ILB is his best position IMO as of now. That may change though. I wouldn't be one bit upset with that pick, but I'd rather go with a pure EDGE guy like Takk, Williams, or Charlton at 15. But then again as I said. Reddick may end up being a superstar pure EDGE rusher himself.

48 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I absolutely freaking love Reddick, but I just don't know where he's best suited. Right now I'd say ILB. I've said before he's like a Jamie Collins type. He might be a pro bowler at either inside or out. He seems to have the potential to be either, but again. To me ILB is his best position IMO as of now. That may change though. I wouldn't be one bit upset with that pick, but I'd rather go with a pure EDGE guy like Takk, Williams, or Charlton at 15. But then again as I said. Reddick may end up being a superstar pure EDGE rusher himself.

He was a DB in high school and walked onto Temple as a CB.  And he actually dropped into coverage 14% of the time last year.. and he played ILB in the senior bowl and couldn't have looked better. Great movement. He will be a ILB in the league. 
Gave up receptions on just eight of 22 throws into his coverage in 2016 for a total of 99 yards allowed with no touchdowns against, one interception and two breakups.

And just to make it even better, he is great at rushing from the edge. He led all 3-4 OLBs  in pass-rush productivity from the left side. 

He is the perfect 3-4 ILB. Can cover tight ends and also rush the passer. 

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Baker seems closer in size to Earl Thomas than Matheiu. Splitting hairs though.  

Im not sure how much Mathieu's size has to do with his knee injuries.

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Baker seems closer in size to Earl Thomas than Matheiu. Splitting hairs though.  

Im not sure how much Mathieu's size has to do with his knee injuries.

He also had shoulder injuries, besides both ACLs.  And don't forget, he didn't put too many miles on himself in college.

Like I said, great player but how long can he play before the body totally give out.  Baker is going to be very good, I just wonder how long he'll play.

The only way I would want Riddick in the first round is if we trade down like 5 spots, draft him and pick up a 2nd or a 3rd. I also don't know if I like a ILB at 15 where all we are trusting is his projection to the position. 

Don't get me wrong, I think he is an exceptionally athletic and versatile player that might become a Pro-Bowl ILB. But I just feel that 15 should go to a more valuable and premium position like CB or Edge. 

2 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

He said he's playing safety, and that's what he is on the roster. The last thing we need at #15 is another SS. We already have Geathers and that's where Green will play too. If we take a safety it needs to be a FS. Which Peppers isn't. & Cook is a borderline 2nd rounder. 

And yeah ive been on the Reddick hype train. I love everything about him. But I'm not sure if Ballard will draft a ILB at 15 just because of his potential. 

Boardline 2nd rounder? Sorry, but that's ridiculous. You can hate the player, but don't question his talent

2 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

He was a DB in high school and walked onto Temple as a CB.  And he actually dropped into coverage 14% of the time last year.. and he played ILB in the senior bowl and couldn't have looked better. Great movement. He will be a ILB in the league. 
Gave up receptions on just eight of 22 throws into his coverage in 2016 for a total of 99 yards allowed with no touchdowns against, one interception and two breakups.

And just to make it even better, he is great at rushing from the edge. He led all 3-4 OLBs  in pass-rush productivity from the left side. 

He is the perfect 3-4 ILB. Can cover tight ends and also rush the passer. 

LOL. Yes. See that's why I cant figure out where I like him. As you said. He's a big time sideline to sideline ILB with elite coverage skills, but can also rush the QB as a stand up OLB. I mean IDK. But as of right now I agree with you on the bolded.

And btw. Doesn't he scream New England LB. Like isn't New England LB written across his forehead? lmao ....He just fits them perfectly IMO.

2 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

LOL. Yes. See that's why I cant figure out where I like him. As you said. He's a big time sideline to sideline ILB with elite coverage skills, but can also rush the QB as a stand up OLB. I mean IDK. But as of right now I agree with you on the bolded.

And btw. Doesn't he scream New England LB. Like isn't New England LB written across his forehead? lmao ....He just fits them perfectly IMO.

Good thing they don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick haha.