Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Imrryr

A question for you guys.

35 posts in this topic

I had never seen the kc vs ind wild card game before a few hours ago and in that game you see luvk dorecting from the pocket and controlling the field. Fro. What ive seen currentpy that doesnt happen anymore. Why and is there any hope that comes back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDK how to answer this.  Anyone else?

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He says in the KC/IND playoff game, Luck looks like he's directing the offense more than he does recently.

 

I don't know how to answer this other than over the years, people on this forum think that the offense works better when its playing from behind, because we are in the hurry up and Luck has more control.  Its been frustrating for a few years now.

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know how to answer this: GIVE LUCK MORE CONTROL!

 

But I digress.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You lost me at - "never seen the Colts vs Chiefs Wildcard game before a few hours ago."

 

Up until I read this thread, I didn't know that was possible. 

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this^, that game was absolutely one of the craziest i have ever seen in 35 years of watching NFL. For not only a Colts fan but one dedicated enough to be on the forum to have just seen this game is crazy. Just started following the Colts? or maybe just started following NFL? lol!

In regards the question i think they give Luck a bit of a shorter leash because if you just let him run the show out there he tends to try to extend plays to much and get injured, interceptions etc etc, but on the flip when it works he look like a magician like in the KC game

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That game was magical. The other games, not so much. So to answer your question...... MAGIC

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DougDew said:

He says in the KC/IND playoff game, Luck looks like he's directing the offense more than he does recently.

 

I don't know how to answer this other than over the years, people on this forum think that the offense works better when its playing from behind, because we are in the hurry up and Luck has more control.  Its been frustrating for a few years now.

That's the best answer, Doug....

.......When we play the 'air raid' style that we used 10 years ago....

Andrew Luck is at his best....

 

We try to establish the run until we fall behind and then we ask Andrew to bring us from behind..which he can do most of the time....since there may only be one QB in the NFL better than him in the hurry-up scheme

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coltsfanej said:

That was also under Bruce. 

No it was Pep. Arians was already in Arizona. 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

this^, that game was absolutely one of the craziest i have ever seen in 35 years of watching NFL. For not only a Colts fan but one dedicated enough to be on the forum to have just seen this game is crazy. Just started following the Colts? or maybe just started following NFL? lol!

In regards the question i think they give Luck a bit of a shorter leash because if you just let him run the show out there he tends to try to extend plays to much and get injured, interceptions etc etc, but on the flip when it works he look like a magician like in the KC game

Had a weird few years so ive been out of the loop so im rewatching some things etc. Now that life is settling down a little for me :). I can see what youre saying there as far as the amswer goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

You lost me at - "never seen the Colts vs Chiefs Wildcard game before a few hours ago."

 

Up until I read this thread, I didn't know that was possible. 

As i mentioned to the other guys been a weird few years for me so as things settle down im getting back into it loke the younger me wayching peyton did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone wants to watch it the full game is on YouTube right now... 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was confidence, and momentum, sparked by some big plays.

 

Luck was only directing the offense during the comeback, which started with a da'rick rogers jump ball and a fumble advanced by Luck for a TD.

 

That being said, I was there and I was playing games on my phone at halftime, and constantly checking the weather because we had a flight that was leaving in the AM and also an impending large snow storm. We made it out on the last Delta flight out of Indy, 75% of the plane was crew.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coltsfanej said:

That was also under Bruce. 

No it wasn't.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ar1888 said:

No it was Pep. Arians was already in Arizona. 

 No. No it wasn't, but you can imagine what it'd been like if it was right? Lol. 10hr days at work with newborn at home = inability to recall past accurately. My apologies 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

You lost me at - "never seen the Colts vs Chiefs Wildcard game before a few hours ago."

 

Up until I read this thread, I didn't know that was possible. 

I've watched the whole game at least three times. One of my coworkers is a Chiefs fan and I bring this game up every chance I get haha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to go back and look at it today again..

That first drive (I think Luck was 7 of 7) was as good an up tempo start as anything Ive ever seen 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been asking the same question for the last 5 seasons. I want him to be controlling the offense all game, but maybe coaches feel he isn't ready to do so yet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite part of that game was when Trent Richardson was trying to do too much in one play, and ended up fumbling. The announcer even was like, "You have to know when to get down and recognize a dead play."

 

After that, I'm pretty sure Trent was benched the entire game, and for some reason we ended up winning...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off as a Colts fan I don't understand how you've never seen that game. The 2nd half of that game is probably one of the top 3 best hours of my life.

 

If I remember right Justin Houston was out most of, if not all of, the game. Luck was directing traffic from the pocket because I think this was also pre Marcus Peters, and KC's pass rush wasn't getting to Luck sans Houston.

 

Generally, Luck gets hurried a lot in the pocket or gets flushed from the pocket too much. A better Oline would do wonders for him. Also a defense that can allow less than 20 points a game. Did you know that Luck is unbeaten as a starter for us when the defense gives up less than 19 points? Giving up less points means we don't have to keep dropping Luck back 45-50 times a game to play catchup.

 

We'll see how CB addresses that.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2017 at 6:52 PM, Imrryr said:

I had never seen the kc vs ind wild card game before a few hours ago and in that game you see luvk dorecting from the pocket and controlling the field. Fro. What ive seen currentpy that doesnt happen anymore. Why and is there any hope that comes back.

 

Boy this is annoying.  

 

Luck is coming off one of the best seasons of his career statistically despite terrible protection in the early going from the OL and you have people saying he's regressing.

 

Do people even look up information to confirm if their *feelings* make sense in reality?  

 

4240 passing yards yards (8th in NFL) (3rd best of his career)

31 TD's (5th in NFL) (2nd best of his career)

5.7% TD % (6th in NFL) (2nd best of his career)

7.8 yards per attempt (5th in NFL) (career best)

12.3 yards per completion (5th in NFL)

96.4 passer rating (9th in the NFL) (2nd best of his career behind 2014's 96.5)

71.2 Total QBR (7th in the NFL)

4 - 4th quarter comebacks (5th in NFL)

4 - Game winning drives (6th in NFL)

 

His only flaw is that he's a gunslinger and has a relatively high INT % at 2.4% (20th in NFL)  But it's still the 2nd best of his career.  (He had 1.6% in 2013)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:57 AM, UKColt13 said:

First off as a Colts fan I don't understand how you've never seen that game. The 2nd half of that game is probably one of the top 3 best hours of my life.

 

If I remember right Justin Houston was out most of, if not all of, the game. Luck was directing traffic from the pocket because I think this was also pre Marcus Peters, and KC's pass rush wasn't getting to Luck sans Houston.

 

Generally, Luck gets hurried a lot in the pocket or gets flushed from the pocket too much. A better Oline would do wonders for him. Also a defense that can allow less than 20 points a game. Did you know that Luck is unbeaten as a starter for us when the defense gives up less than 19 points? Giving up less points means we don't have to keep dropping Luck back 45-50 times a game to play catchup.

 

We'll see how CB addresses that.

When we were down 38-10 I remember telling a friend we had KC right where we want them, don't worry we have Andrew. He thought I was nuts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2017 at 3:37 PM, oldunclemark said:

I'm going to go back and look at it today again..

That first drive (I think Luck was 7 of 7) was as good an up tempo start as anything Ive ever seen 

He was terrible after that until the rally started

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

 

Boy this is annoying.  

 

Luck is coming off one of the best seasons of his career statistically despite terrible protection in the early going from the OL and you have people saying he's regressing.

 

Do people even look up information to confirm if their *feelings* make sense in reality?  

 

4240 passing yards yards (8th in NFL) (3rd best of his career)

31 TD's (5th in NFL) (2nd best of his career)

5.7% TD % (6th in NFL) (2nd best of his career)

7.8 yards per attempt (5th in NFL) (career best)

12.3 yards per completion (5th in NFL)

96.4 passer rating (9th in the NFL) (2nd best of his career behind 2014's 96.5)

71.2 Total QBR (7th in the NFL)

4 - 4th quarter comebacks (5th in NFL)

4 - Game winning drives (6th in NFL)

 

His only flaw is that he's a gunslinger and has a relatively high INT % at 2.4% (20th in NFL)  But it's still the 2nd best of his career.  (He had 1.6% in 2013)

 

 

 

 

 

 

At no point did he complain about lucks ability.  He wants to know why he isn't given more control during the games.. None of the info you provided answers his question

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2017 at 2:14 PM, achcolts said:

I've been asking the same question for the last 5 seasons. I want him to be controlling the offense all game, but maybe coaches feel he isn't ready to do so yet 

 

I don't care whether he controls the offense all game; the QB doesn't have to call all the plays for the offense to be successful.

 

I do think he should make adjustments more often, though, especially against certain coverages. I don't know if it's him or if it's the coaching, but that needs to be fixed. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

 

Boy this is annoying.  

 

Luck is coming off one of the best seasons of his career statistically despite terrible protection in the early going from the OL and you have people saying he's regressing.

 

Do people even look up information to confirm if their *feelings* make sense in reality?  

 

4240 passing yards yards (8th in NFL) (3rd best of his career)

31 TD's (5th in NFL) (2nd best of his career)

5.7% TD % (6th in NFL) (2nd best of his career)

7.8 yards per attempt (5th in NFL) (career best)

12.3 yards per completion (5th in NFL)

96.4 passer rating (9th in the NFL) (2nd best of his career behind 2014's 96.5)

71.2 Total QBR (7th in the NFL)

4 - 4th quarter comebacks (5th in NFL)

4 - Game winning drives (6th in NFL)

 

His only flaw is that he's a gunslinger and has a relatively high INT % at 2.4% (20th in NFL)  But it's still the 2nd best of his career.  (He had 1.6% in 2013)

 

 

 

 

 

 

I never said anything about him regressing...in fact i was aware of the statistics...i simply was asking about the making adjustments at the line so im not quite sure where you are coming from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2017 at 7:28 PM, AZColt11 said:

IDK how to answer this.  Anyone else?

I'll take a jab at it.

 

football is 80% mental and 57% physical.  You're welcome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2017 at 6:52 PM, Imrryr said:

I had never seen the kc vs ind wild card game before a few hours ago and in that game you see luvk dorecting from the pocket and controlling the field. Fro. What ive seen currentpy that doesnt happen anymore. Why and is there any hope that comes back.

Pitch on FOX tv fox baseball mlb GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was with all my friends and I was wearing my Andrew luck jersey and they were just making fun of me all game even late in the 3rd quarter all until the colts finally had the momentum , I'm not too sure but I believe Robert Mathis had a huge sack at a clutch moment to help us a lot? He did do that a lot over the years. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a fantastic game.  

 

It was the first I had attended since moving to Ohio and the first ever in LOS.  I was sitting beside a KC fan.  We were trading off buying beers, lol.  I was doing my best to be a good sport, but I was boiling inside.  He never did throw any below the belt comments, but I could tell he wanted to.  

When the game was over he had a very very sour look on his face. I stood up (huge smile), shook his hand saying thanks for the beers and said "man that Luck is something else isn't he"? "Be safe driving home tomorrow"... It was epic.

 

My answer is along with some others here... not too sure although I would like to see more "no-huddle" myself.  I think we move the ball more methodically and efficiently when he is not thinking so much so to speak.  He seems less worried about getting hit and most likely makes better decisions.  This year will be interesting.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BR-549 said:

It was a fantastic game.  

 

It was the first I had attended since moving to Ohio and the first ever in LOS.  I was sitting beside a KC fan.  We were trading off buying beers, lol.  I was doing my best to be a good sport, but I was boiling inside.  He never did throw any below the belt comments, but I could tell he wanted to.  

When the game was over he had a very very sour look on his face. I stood up (huge smile), shook his hand saying thanks for the beers and said "man that Luck is something else isn't he"? "Be safe driving home tomorrow"... It was epic.

 

My answer is along with some others here... not too sure although I would like to see more "no-huddle" myself.  I think we move the ball more methodically and efficiently when he is not thinking so much so to speak.  He seems less worried about getting hit and most likely makes better decisions.  This year will be interesting.

I couldn't agree more!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of these big comebacks could be due to playing against a prevent D, which gets our momentum and confidence up....then by the time our opponents sort themselves out, Andrew is rolling......

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good question. I would like to see no-huddle more also. I miss the days of Manning, fast pace no-huddle games lighting up the score board and making other teams play from behind.

 

Does anyone have any new info on Lucks recovery from shoulder surgery?

Thought I would ask, tired of guys at work saying colt fans better be more worried about Luck being ready for the season.

Sorry to ask this question in this thread, unable to start my own right now. Not to computer smart and forum smart. I usually just come around and read every ones input on stuff hit the like button on things that I like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2017 at 3:14 PM, achcolts said:

I've been asking the same question for the last 5 seasons. I want him to be controlling the offense all game, but maybe coaches feel he isn't ready to do so yet 

 

Fast paced offenses kind of put the defense at a disadvantage, and with the AARP defenses we've had in Luck's tenure, it hasn't really been an option to just go full-on no-huddle 100% of the time, those guys needed a lot of rest. Getting younger on defense and Luck having a full season in Chud's scheme under his belt should bode well for a more uptempo style this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • JSYK We dont have 31 million to spend 
    • I agree. As long as that that person is answering it like an opinion and everyone realizes it's an opinion, then everything is solid. It gets when people are telling opinions as facts that it starts to head south. You see plenty of both, but it's usually just a lot of debating from my point of view. Some good points of view, and some bad ones, but as long as we all acknowledge these point of views as opinions when they are, then I see nothing wrong with it. I think it just gets out of control when there are rumors, mostly during FA and the draft, and people take it out of context at times, myself included.
    •   Well.....   There's good conversation and then there's.....      NOT so good conversation.   And this website has plenty of both.     I'd love to have more of the good kind and less of the NOT so good kind.   Deciding now that a poster here --- any poster here --- knows what Chris Ballard thinks of a player is ridiculous because none of us knows anything.    Ballard may love the guy.    He may like the guy.    He may not like him.   But nobody knows.      So, stating as fact that Ballard doesn't like someone is a dog that just won't hunt.....  
    • Things went our way tonight all around. Pacers win, Hawks and Bucks lose. Now there is a 3 way tie for 5th. It will be interesting to see how we finish.   Bad night with injuries for this team though. We already knew GR3 hurt his calf in practice and then Stuckey and Al Jefferson go down tonight. I actually want to see more Brooks/Ellis/Miles and more Christmas so hopefully they can pick up momentum if we can make the playoffs.
    • I wouldn't call it a flaw at all. In fact, it's the main premise that a sports forum is built around. Trying to put pieces of the puzzle together on certain things and predicting the future. That's how conversation is started a lot of the time in particular and it keeps people engaged. Without people jumping to conclusions with little evidence, it'd just be people reporting facts on twitter and chat on gameday, which wouldn't be a lot of fun by itself.
  • Members

    • Coltfreak

      Coltfreak 483

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • cjrichard

      cjrichard 38

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Samu-Rye

      Samu-Rye 27

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • aaron11

      aaron11 631

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • -JJ-

      -JJ- 1,034

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • akcolt

      akcolt 1,835

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Jared Cisneros

      Jared Cisneros 1,410

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Clem-Dog

      Clem-Dog 205

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • colts52761

      colts52761 65

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Imrryr

      Imrryr 79

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.