Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts RB For The Future.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, James Ducheteau said:

With the way the secondary sits right know I just don't see how we can spend a pick on RB before the 4th round, and even then I'm starting to think we just roll with what we got and some UDF's

I'd love me some UDFA RB's, that's. the way to go!

Or maybe some udfa rb that another team cuts? That wat we can use ALL our udfa signings on Defense!!!

haha

Hmmm, given Mayock's new positional top 5 rankings, maybe Perine won't be able to be had in the 5th or 4th round, after all.  He might go sooner.

6. Mixon falls from RB list. Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon was moved to the special exceptions list, allowing room for former Sooners teammate Samaje Perine to crack the list at No. 5. Mixon's draft status is complicated by character concerns and an uncertainty about how many NFL clubs will remove him from their draft boards.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2017 at 10:14 AM, krunk said:

nobodies talking about Mixon here.  we are talking about Perine who you keep low grading with no evidence other than your own biased opinion. 

Mixon is the real deal!! I go to every Sooner game, we love perine and was a great college back, and might do somthing in the NFL. When Mixon comes on the field your jaw could drop at any minute, he's so explosive and a complete back!

I have my own bias top 5 backs I've seen coming out of college last 10 years-ish

5.darren mcfadden

4. Demarco murray

3. Jamal Charles 

1b. Joe mixon

1a. Adrian Peterson / though I have never been more amazed than when Jamal, Adrian, and joe have stepped on the field.

2 hours ago, Seanmac90 said:

Starting to really like Jamaal Williams. His running kinda reminds me of Demarco Murray. I'd love to grab him with our first 4th rounder.

I can see that he's probably slower then Murray but the style they run with is similar. I'd love him with a later 4

Kamara seems like a really good fit.   As much as I like Mcaffrey I don't think they are going that route in the 1st round.  Kamara is a real smooth runner and a good receiver as well.  Definitely reminds of Jamal Charles to me . Great for RBBC type system.

• 2 weeks later...

Idk why I took so long but finally watched TJ Logan tape. Wow am I impressed. Has a tendency to bounce then to take a 1-2 yard gain, really my only negative. Sets up blocks with good patience, sharp cut backs, nice vision, great hands, and the pleasant surprise of being a good blocker. Steps up out of QBs throwing window and meets blitzers with a fearless punch. If he's there in the 5th

On 4/6/2017 at 10:27 AM, krunk said:

I think Kamara would be a pretty solid fit with Gore and Turbin. Give him about 12-15 carries a game plus receiving duties.

Would love to see Kamara still on the board when we pick in the 2nd....

I think there will still be a higher rated defensive player that slips...but if not, Kamara would be a steal.

On 3/17/2017 at 7:22 PM, Defjamz26 said:

Its not a popular opinion but if we get an OL round 1, I think we can take a RB later and the OL will make that RB really good. 

And every other player on offense including Luck, Gore, tight ends and receivers.

7 hours ago, FalseStart said:

Saquon Barkley in '18... Trade Dorsett for a 3rd next year...Start figuring out how to get this guy.

Love him to death, no way I want a top 10 pick and that's what Saquan will be. Next years RB class is just as deep if not deeper

I would not mind a high pick on a RB. I loved the days, when the Colts outscored everyone. The defense just had to get a couple of stops, teams had to worry how to stop the.,And the Defense looked good,cause they were not on the field as much. I don't want to see the Colts become, one of those teams,that spend most of the cap on defensive players. That is just my personal preference, but I don't get to make the decisions. And either way i'm still a fan.

On 3/18/2017 at 1:00 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Here's the problem with this....

While Perine is #1 in yards rushing,  he's also pretty high in total carries as well.    685.    And the fear in the scouting community is that he's lost a lot of tread off the tires.     His average per carry was at his highest in first year and went down about a half a yard each season after that.      His best ball may be behind him.     

I like Perine....    I'm just not sure he'll get a 2nd contract from the Colts.    After the 4 years of his rookie deal,  I'm not sure how much he'll have left.     Tough way to make a living...

Someone actually did a study on the number of carriers in college and if it shortened a running back's NFL career.  It didn't appear to.