Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

REUBEN FOSTER

15 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

I definitely think there is a decent chance Foster is there @15.

Besides the combine incident, he may miss the beginning of the season.

Though I like him and  would take him, I don't see Luke Kuechly in him.

First, I don't think Bama asked him to cover much, so I didn't see much video him doing that. Also, his instincts are  not that of Kuechly.

Here is a review of him:

I agree, this scouting video does a pretty good job of showing his weaknesses.. He has a slow to commit reaction nearly every play.

I wonder if he has issues seeing the play develop over the taller linemen or it is just his normal processing time. Meaning his hesitation is noticable.

He does seem to finish well once he commits, just not sure of himself a lot of the time.  

Still a top notch player in my book.  Just not a Kuechly comparable -as you point out.

1 minute ago, BR-549 said:

I agree, this scouting video does a pretty good job of showing his weaknesses.. He has a slow to commit reaction nearly every play.

I wonder if he has issues seeing the play develop over the taller linemen or it is just his normal processing time. Meaning his hesitation is noticable.

He does seem to finish well once he commits, just not sure of himself a lot of the time.  

Still a top notch player in my book.  Just not a Kuechly comparable -as you point out.

Yeah I agree, once he reads he moves & hits like a Freight Train. Should be a solid LB at the very least.

3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Yeah I agree, once he reads he moves & hits like a Freight Train. Should be a solid LB at the very least.

I was watching some more of the scouting video.... he is a good linebacker but I now believe there are other (better) defensive personel that will be available at #15 that we should be focusing on.  You can't draft name and to me that is what you would be doing if you draft this guy at 15.

1 hour ago, BR-549 said:

I was watching some more of the scouting video.... he is a good linebacker but I now believe there are other (better) defensive personel that will be available at #15 that we should be focusing on.  You can't draft name and to me that is what you would be doing if you draft this guy at 15.

Who you like better?

15 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Then IF you have that mentality, You will be in the same situation as the year where GB took Clay Matthews 1 pick before us and the Colts drafting RB Donal Brown 1 pick later ok! Stop with the, we need all the picks we can get. FYI the 6th rounder this year, last year, and next year, more than likely wont be on the team a year later. and the talent level of getting a sure fire player is so much better than getting a body who wont make the starting likeup and most likely be on the PS. That's a week persons mentality, Go for the kill. because if we dont, a team like the PATS will get him and slap you in the face every time we play them. 

Hmmmm....?

You're the guy who started the thread.

You're the guy who started with the idea of "doing whatever it takes...."

And then you spend roughly half of this post talking about 6th round picks?       WTH?!?

Who was talking about 6th round picks?     Not me.    You can't move up and down the 1st round board with 6th round picks.      You need 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks and those are what I don't want to trade.    And as much as I love Foster and would be happy to take him if he falls to us,   we have so many needs that we need those picks this year.

Go for the kill is the kind of Internet Tough Guy Talk that gets us no where.     It doesn't do much good in a draft where the strength is defense and our biggest needs are defense to turn around and trade valuable draft picks for one guy.     Then what?     One very good defensive player isn't close to being enough,  especially at a non-premium position.

You can do this type of trade when your defense is very good but maybe one great player away from being special and that type of player begins to fall.    Then you can trade up and go get him.    When you really need one special player.       Otherwise,  it's wasted.....     fools gold...

You're free to disagree.....

18 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Who you like better?

Well, after posting that and re-reading it I probably should have worded it better.  I don't dislike Reuben and that post makes it sound like I do dislike him.  He just seems to need more work than I originally thought based on others comments, so finding someone more NFL ready would be my hope.  Not to say I would be mad if we got took him at #15.  Like you said he lays the wood once he decides to and thats a good thing.

I watched the combine as much as I could when the LB and DL were drilling.  I really liked Solomon Thomas (I know he isn't projected to fit 3-4).  He looked extremely athletic and I would love to see him a Colt.  I haven't seen much film on him, but I think he is going to be very good.  Have seen Taco mocked to us and he looks okay, but again seemed slow off the snap when I watched his highlight reel.  Some were moving and he was still in his stance.

The Harris kid out of Missouri looks pretty good too.  I think he may be worth taking a look at.  

Outside of those guys I would likely get a corner or S before RF.  Obviously Hooker is awesome, but we won't see him.  Sidney Jones perhaps....?

Its good that this draft is so defensively deep as that is what we need most.  I doubt we can make a bad decision tbh (Receiver at #15 would * me off, lol).  My comment mostly lent itself to BPA and not draft because some have said RF is that good.  I am confident that won't happen.

I forgot about Reddick.... put him in that slot of before RF.

Edited by BR-549
Brain Cramp