Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zack brown and minters

I been a long time colts fan die hard . For the first time I can actually say I'm happy with what where doing on the defensive side of the ball. Bigger and strong I always hated watching are guys getting run over. Mathis freeny where great at pass rushing but we never really had linebackers . If we were to get brown and minters I'd be really happy we had to many arm tacklers this past year . I'll be praying we land them . Go colts

15 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I don't see us getting either unfortunately. Ballard seems pretty unwilling to get in a bidding war for anyone.

It may not be a bidding war. We could have offered Poe 12-13 million for all we know and he chose to go to the better team for less.

I think we will sign one (probably Minter as its an easier and cheaper deal) and then Ballard really wants to fill up the other spot with a young guy from the draft that we can mold into a long term Colt. Some one like Riddick or Foster would be great pairing up with a guy like Minter. 

And if we get Brown instead of Minter, than we can probably wait a round or two and get a guy like Walker or McMillan to develop into our future leader in the middle. 

19 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

It may not be a bidding war. We could have offered Poe 12-13 million for all we know and he chose to go to the better team for less.

Quite possible, but I also heard rumors he wanted a long term deal at 9m per year and we were offering 7m. The truth will likely never be known.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:50 PM, UKColt13 said:

I think it's a one or the other thing at this point. Brown looks like he's choosing between us and Oakland, with Minter as a backup plan.

But boy I'd love to grab them both. Let me dream dammit!

Time to wake up, Minter signed with bengals.

Maybe we get Brown.

Oakland and Indy have been the only two teams to have been reported to have contacted Zach Brown. Oakland apparently low balled him so I'm just waiting for us to bring him in for a visit. If we let his tweets influence our decision to bring him we will definitely regret it.