Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poe signs

riftastic28

That is so dumb. Why would he meet with the dolphins for 9 hours, the jags, the colts, and not sign for a longer contract or take more money. Bennie Logan got just as much money as he did. Chiefs let him go. Maybe something is wrong with his back... idk. At least this means we have more money to sign Zach Brown or  Kevin Minter, and a corner/safety. 

6 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

Putting a thread titled "Poe Signs" in the Colt's Football section of the forum is a little misleading when he's signed with another team.

Yeah I got excited only to be let down. But it was a big "decision" so I get what he was doing. Just put it in the wrong section. Lol

7 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I'm glad actually. I'm probably in the minority, but I think Poe is overrated. Ballard wasn't willing to overpay, and that's a good thing. He knows Poe much better than any of us do anyways. 

Use the money we didn't pay to sign Minter & Brown to ILB. 

You are not alone...I felt he was risky due to his back and lack if production the past couple of years.

13 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I'm glad actually. I'm probably in the minority, but I think Poe is overrated. Ballard wasn't willing to overpay, and that's a good thing. He knows Poe much better than any of us do anyways. 

Use the money we didn't pay to sign Minter & Brown to ILB. 

If we get Minter and Brown both at ILB I will be impressed. Replaced our WHOLE Linebacking core in one offseason. And could focus on the D-Line and secondary more in the draft after we draft a pass rusher. 

Another possibility is that we offered a similar contract, but Poe figured if he was going to play on a 1 year contract and all teams were offering a similar amount, than he may as well go for a team where he has a chance for a ring during his "prove it year" and will consider what he wants longterm next off season.