Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Lefeged

Smitto

I was just looking at the colts roster on espn and i noticed him, does anybody know much about this guy? he seems like a pure athlete on paper... 6'0 210lbs not to mention he's pretty fast for a saftey... Low: 4.38 High: 4.52 Official 4.42

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70620&draftyear=2011&genpos=

If this guy can perfom well he could be another Bethea.

This guy posted one of the fastest 40 times at the combine. Now we all know that straight line speed does not always translate on the field but he seems like he could be a good "depth" player. I do know that the Polians didn't think much of any of the safeties in this draft so I don't expect him to be the next Sanders or Eric Berry. He also could be a returner which we could always use.

Guest BlueShoe

I was just looking at the colts roster on espn and i noticed him, does anybody know much about this guy? he seems like a pure athlete on paper... 6'0 210lbs not to mention he's pretty fast for a saftey... Low: 4.38 High: 4.52 Official 4.42

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70620&draftyear=2011&genpos=

I was very surprised that he went undrafted. He is a very solid UDFA addition. This just wasn't a good year for safeties in the draft. I think we could have found a diamond in the rough with Joe. We had some really good UDFA pickups this year.

KR won't matter this year. Remember, the kickoff spot was moved forward, so almost everyone starts at the 20 now.

u never know in that at lot of coaches I have read at various times so no link may try & do a high kickoff Vs Distance hoping to pin u back if y u try & run it back or force a fare catch with long hang time

New Rules = New Strategy develops

supposedly a descent not great safety with upside and has both kickoff & punt return skills and in interviews he says he likes to be the gunner too, he says he really likes ST play

If memory serves ...

He showed quite well during Senior Bowl week and in the Senior Bowl game itself. During the draft, many boards had him going in the 5th to 7th round. A lot of projections had him going to the Colts in the 5th round.

He "seems" like another classic, shrewd UDFA pick up and with luck, he will be the next in a growingly long line of outstanding UDFA by Polian(s). Plus, he says he loves special teams!

I for one hope he pans out.

Joe Lefeged and Al Afalava will be the primary backups at Safety this year behind Bethea and Bullitt - barring ANOTHER (wow, this is fun to say) free agent pickup! Both like to hit, both can run and both can play special teams and either Cornelious Brown or Chris Rucker can be the Corner/Safety swingman that we typically have on the roster as well!