Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts linked with ILB Zach Brown

56 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

You are just dying to get one big name signing so you can go off and say "I told you so".  So much so that you aren't thinking straight...  even for you

lmao .....Come on man. Revis and Flowers are not big name signings at this point in their careers. Hankins would just be a great signing, and would be our NT for the next 4 years.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

What are you talking about man? Kendricks is a 3 down LB. Yes. Brown has that ability, but as good as he is, and can be he is a little inconsistent. I still want him though.

Nooo brah he's a liability in coverage. He can rush the passer pretty well but he's not someone you drop into a zone or man up on a TE or RB. Zach Brown needs motivation and a coach he respects and listens too and he really could be All Pro IMO. Not that Kendricks is Soo Moore bad in coverage just to be clear but he's a guy an offense will try to exploit. 

4 hours ago, Tmoney said:

He has all the potential to be a annual pro bowler. His ability to play the run as well as cover makes him a unique and complete LB. Combined that with the fact that he's a freak athlete and he's the ideal LB in today's NFL. Kendricks is nice but I wouldn't trade for him I'd try to pick him up when they cut him. Also a 2 down backer who would have to come off the field on passing downs.

I'm assuming you're talking about Zach Brown....

And if he was HALF the player you think he is,  wouldn't he already be signed by.......   someone?

When did he become a freak athlete?     Who is calling him that?

I'm keeping Kendricks out of this for now,  focusing solely on Brown.    I'm in favor of the Colts signing him,  but I don't know where you get the idea that he's is all that you think he is?      What is the proof of that?

Hasn't he basically had one very good season?     Or, am I misremembering....?

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm assuming you're talking about Zach Brown....

And if he was HALF the player you think he is,  wouldn't he already be signed by.......   someone?

When did he become a freak athlete?     Who is calling him that?

I'm keeping Kendricks out of this for now,  focusing solely on Brown.    I'm in favor of the Colts signing him,  but I don't know where you get the idea that he's is all that you think he is?      What is the proof of that?

Hasn't he basically had one very good season?     Or, am I misremembering....?

A 250 pound man running a 4.5 flat 40 is freaky IDC what you or anyone else is calling him but he's definitely not an average athlete. That's the lamest excuse ever man, "if he was any good wouldn't he be signed by now"? I'm sure you know its never that simple, obviously he's had talks with teams and he values himself more then they do. One year of production with flashes in Tennessee, had a good game against us a year or two back picked off Andrew. That's really your only argument, I've gone back and watched his tape and he literally does everything well. I'm not saying he does everything at a Luke Kuchley level, but I'm saying ever aspect of a ILB he checks the box. If you don't believe it hey, that's a you problem

2 hours ago, Tmoney said:

A 250 pound man running a 4.5 flat 40 is freaky IDC what you or anyone else is calling him but he's definitely not an average athlete. That's the lamest excuse ever man, "if he was any good wouldn't he be signed by now"? I'm sure you know its never that simple, obviously he's had talks with teams and he values himself more then they do. One year of production with flashes in Tennessee, had a good game against us a year or two back picked off Andrew. That's really your only argument, I've gone back and watched his tape and he literally does everything well. I'm not saying he does everything at a Luke Kuchley level, but I'm saying ever aspect of a ILB he checks the box. If you don't believe it hey, that's a you problem

OK....

I was unaware of his 4.5....   though I confess,  I'm skeptical....     no other measurements are  freakish...

As for his all-pro potential...     Tennessee had him,  and let him leave without much of a fuss....   Buffalo had him and doesn't seem to be in a hurry to bring him back....

And there doesn't seem to be a bug hurry for anyone else to sign him.     The fact that he's not signed now is NOT as lame as you think it is. 

I'm not saying he isn't a good player,  or that I don't want the Colts to sign him.   

But it's down to this.....    either he and his agent are asking for way, way too much,  or GM's and other evaluators don't see what you see.....        There just aren't many top un-signed free agents left out there....

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

OK....

I was unaware of his 4.5....   though I confess,  I'm skeptical....     no other measurements are  freakish...

As for his all-pro potential...     Tennessee had him,  and let him leave without much of a fuss....   Buffalo had him and doesn't seem to be in a hurry to bring him back....

And there doesn't seem to be a bug hurry for anyone else to sign him.     The fact that he's not signed now is NOT as lame as you think it is. 

I'm not saying he isn't a good player,  or that I don't want the Colts to sign him.   

But it's down to this.....    either he and his agent are asking for way, way too much,  or GM's and other evaluators don't see what you see.....        There just aren't many top un-signed free agents left out there....

I think he needs discipline and he needs to respect the coach he plays for. What he did for Rex last year before he was fired was at an elite level. Then he fell off after Ryan was canned, is Chuck the coach that's a good question but he seems to have good player relationships. Maybe he likes chopping wood

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

If they had any real interest, I'm sure they would..... they obviously aren't of the opinion he would be worth the investment for this team....

Yeah, still makes you wonder why they aren't high on him.... Not saying he is a world beater, but I would like to know what the Colts assessment is of him.

7 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

If they had any real interest, I'm sure they would..... they obviously aren't of the opinion he would be worth the investment for this team....

I find it hard to believe they think Sean spence is better then brown

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Agreed. Though i do think they probably thought Sean Spence for 1 year and $3M is better than Brown for 2 years and $12M.

Since we did not get Minter and he went for 1 year and $4.5M, my guess would be that the Colts were looking all along for an ILB that would be willing to take a contract at the $3M a year range and Spence was the first to bite where Minter and Brown turned their nose up at that. Pure speculation, but connecting all the dots it does seem to make sense.

30 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

Agreed. Though i do think they probably thought Sean Spence for 1 year and $3M is better than Brown for 2 years and $12M.

Since we did not get Minter and he went for 1 year and $4.5M, my guess would be that the Colts were looking all along for an ILB that would be willing to take a contract at the $3M a year range and Spence was the first to bite where Minter and Brown turned their nose up at that. Pure speculation, but connecting all the dots it does seem to make sense.

Makes sense, but brown is a much better talent then spence or minter so I don't see how the colts would believe they could get him offering him similar contracts to lower talent

2 hours ago, Mr Clueless said:

Yeah, still makes you wonder why they aren't high on him.... Not saying he is a world beater, but I would like to know what the Colts assessment is of him.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

I'm starting to think that either they're not ok with the asking price or don't think a pro athlete that needs to be motivated to actually play well is a good locker room fit.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Boy would you do backflips if that happened haha

Yes! Maybe even throw in a twist for good measure.

7 minutes ago, Shive said:

I'm starting to think that either they're not ok with the asking price or don't think a pro athlete that needs to be motivated to actually play well is a good locker room fit.

Yes! Maybe even throw in a twist for good measure.

I think he's trying to take advantage of his previous season to get the best pay out

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I think he's trying to take advantage of his previous season to get the best pay out

I think it's a

Brown: "Look at what I did last season!"

Teams: "What about the 2nd half of the season?"

Brown: "Don't worry about that....."

Teams: "For this money, we're terrified about that..."

4 minutes ago, Shive said:

I think it's a

Brown: "Look at what I did last season!"

Teams: "What about the 2nd half of the season?"

Brown: "Don't worry about that....."

Teams: "For this money, we're terrified about that..."

Sounds about right haha