Superman

Colts linked with ILB Zach Brown

143 posts in this topic

about time

Good. Now after Brown, bring in Hankins and light it up come the draft!!!!!

6 people like this

Ok so we did have interest it just wasn't mainstream until now. It would be better if we could get him at a discounted deal. I'm a little worried about the little interest he has received but he's better than all other options and we need a veteran.

Good. Between him and Minter, I'd rather have him. Although I wouldn't mind Kevin. So long as the Colts get at least one, I'd be ecstatic. I like Jackson and Morrison, but I wouldn't trust either of em starting together or with a rookie.

We need to be proactive here guys

We gotta brainstorm sabotage ideas for Oakland.

1 person likes this

Nice to see we talked to him but we've been linked to a lot of guys. I'm not getting excited until I see him sign on the bottom line. I liked what CB did at OLB and getting Turbin and Doyle re-signed but he hasn't really landed any of these top tier guys.

4 people like this

4 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Just tell him he might eventually have to live in Vegas. Done. 

I will check the USA Today NFL transactions section every day and let you guys know if he signs.

1 person likes this

Yaaaaaaaaasssss trick yaaaaaaaas!!!:applause:

Sign him draft Haason Reddick dayyyyyum ILB would be on point!

2 people like this

55 minutes ago, Superman said:

Dont know that ive seen your thoughts on the guy. Your type of LB? I know you like the more athletic coverage upside types and he seems like that guy, but I havent followed him much.

6 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Its so funny because, if you didnt have espn back in the day, you had to wait for the local radio or even 5pm news.  Failing that, you had to wait for the morning paper. My dad was a newspaper guy.  But anyone in their early 20s wont ever understand having to wait for an announcement. Thats both awesome and kinda sad that technologically, we get the news up to date literally by the minute, but it also means the truth of the news is all that much harder to sort out.

Used to sit on the front porch at home, waiting for the paper (which came in the afternoon) to find out who won the Braves game the night before.  :^)

5 people like this

5 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Used to sit on the front porch at home, waiting for the paper (which came in the afternoon) to find out who won the Braves game the night before.  :^)

I used to always check the newspaper at school to see if the Braves won or not. First thing I did each morning in class. :) Would look at the stats and keep a copy all day for class lol. 

5 people like this

1 hour ago, Superman said:

This sounds like we talked to him and he didn't sign. More like bad news than good news. I guess he hasn't signed with Oakland either yet though.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

My dad and i always waited for draft news in the paper until the year Marshall Faulk was drafted. That was the first year we had cable. Been an a close follower ever since. I also had to wait for Cubs news, but im not the same fan as I am the Colts.

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

My dad and i always waited for draft news in the paper until the year Marshall Faulk was drafted. That was the first year we had cable. Been an a close follower ever since. I also had to wait for Cubs news, but im not the same fan as I am the Colts.

I remember reading back in 2001 when the SB was about to happen between the Pats and the Rams, there were tons of articles in the papers discussing their strengths and weaknesses, 5 reasons why both teams could win the SB. A complete breakdown of each team's units. None of this terrible media drivel that they had back then, just honest opinions and info hyping up the SB and trying to tell people real information on how it could be a great game. Miss those days when there was no twitter, facebook, or youtube, and everything was real and legit.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Nice to see we talked to him but we've been linked to a lot of guys. I'm not getting excited until I see him sign on the bottom line. I liked what CB did at OLB and getting Turbin and Doyle re-signed but he hasn't really landed any of these top tier guys.

My thoughts exactly. Poe came for a visit and we were linked to Jeffrey, Bennett, Minter,etc..None of the guys who actusigned were guys we were linked too.

22 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I remember reading back in 2001 when the SB was about to happen between the Pats and the Rams, there were tons of articles in the papers discussing their strengths and weaknesses, 5 reasons why both teams could win the SB. A complete breakdown of each team's units. None of this terrible media drivel that they had back then, just honest opinions and info hyping up the SB and trying to tell people real information on how it could be a great game. Miss those days when there was no twitter, facebook, or youtube, and everything was real and legit.

Yeah, and that was around the year the NFL had a small surge in viewership before it really exploded in the mid-2000s. The internet was relied upon, but it was still being felt out. No facebook or youtube yet, you're right. 

That said, it wasnt all good commentary. The world still had their shock jocks (Howard Stern comes to mind). But it seems the prevalent philosophy today, unlike back then,is to say outrageous stuff till your name is heard enough times then cash in and get more serious (also like Stern). It was more reliable back then, tjough not perfect. But today shock jock is the norm and todays news is the result.  If anyone wants to know why i hate themedia the way I do, its because anytime I read an article, i have to fact check practically every letter in a story.

3 people like this

53 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Its so funny because, if you didnt have espn back in the day, you had to wait for the local radio or even 5pm news.  Failing that, you had to wait for the morning paper. My dad was a newspaper guy.  But anyone in their early 20s wont ever understand having to wait for an announcement. Thats both awesome and kinda sad that technologically, we get the news up to date literally by the minute, but it also means the truth of the news is all that much harder to sort out.

True dat. If I need to reach my wife but can't reach my wife via text or phone for about 1 to 2 hours after my first attempt while she is out shopping with our only daughter, I start letting my imagination go wild at times because it is not like her to not be around the phone. :)

Imagine when you had no cell phones, you just had to trust (in whatever you believe in) that your wife and kid would make it back home safe. Staying connected has its pros and cons, I tell ya.

3 people like this

26 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, we need to build a village like that Shyamalan movie and scare people to never get out of there, lol. :) 

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, we need to build a village like that Shyamalan movie and scare people to never get out of there, lol. :) 

never seen that movie lol.

We talked to him and he's visiting Oakland.  This does not sound too promising.  On the other hand, if he leaves Oakland and comes to Indy I think Chris will sign him!

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

never seen that movie lol.

It is called The Village. An interesting take, nevertheless portrayed in the movie. It will at least be somewhat entertaining for you. 

2 people like this

20 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We talked to him and he's visiting Oakland.  This does not sound too promising.  On the other hand, if he leaves Oakland and comes to Indy I think Chris will sign him!

Sounds like this is just the first stop for him.

2 people like this

At this stage of free agency, in all likelihood he will not immediately sign with Oakland. He is gonna take his time and shop around, hopefully CB offers something he likes and we can get something done! If we sign him or Minter, it really helps us out come draft time! 

Filling these holes and stabilizing positions one at a time. #InBallardWeTrust

Philadelphia 76ers used to have a player nicknamed The Boston Strangler cause he had his very best games against Larry Birds Celtics.  I wish Ballards nickname was that.  

2 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Good. Between him and Minter, I'd rather have him. Although I wouldn't mind Kevin. So long as the Colts get at least one, I'd be ecstatic. I like Jackson and Morrison, but I wouldn't trust either of em starting together or with a rookie.

I like Jackson in DQ Jacksons role but not in coverage same could be said for Morrison.

2 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Wasn't taking out Derek Carr for the post season sabotage enough for ya? Lol

1 person likes this

Well, at least there's interest.  I think a LOT of things sort of stall because every team has a hierarchy of players they want to sign, and they're waiting on player A to see what he does before they make a serious run at player B, etc.  So it all kind of gets jumbled a bit until the dominos start to fall.  This all takes time of course, which is something we fans don't appreciate too much.  I think whatever happens with Poe is what will speed up the rest of the process with other players.  Just IMHO.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Well they could just go back to ol' reliable and break Carr's leg.

2 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Dont know that ive seen your thoughts on the guy. Your type of LB? I know you like the more athletic coverage upside types and he seems like that guy, but I havent followed him much.

Yes, he's got the range and the ability to move in space, and he's good sized. He hasn't been a consistent player at all, but he has some good stuff on the books. I'd much rather have him than Minter, for instance. But if Minter wants $4m and Brown wants $10m (just for instance), I'd probably go with Minter and wait to get my guy in the draft at some point. 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, AZColt11 said:

Well, at least there's interest.  I think a LOT of things sort of stall because every team has a hierarchy of players they want to sign, and they're waiting on player A to see what he does before they make a serious run at player B, etc.  So it all kind of gets jumbled a bit until the dominos start to fall.  This all takes time of course, which is something we fans don't appreciate too much.  I think whatever happens with Poe is what will speed up the rest of the process with other players.  Just IMHO.

That and players B and beyond wait for player A's contract to set the value at their position. 

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, SDakColts said:

Sounds like this is just the first stop for him.

Not unless the black hole swallows him haha

1 person likes this