Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Offseason 3/15/17

Just got bored at work and wanted to a quick mock FA/Draft as of 3/15/17. I didn't get to do a TON of research, but I did the most I could with the limited time I had. Let the roasting begin! :]

Free Agents:

Zach Brown ILB: 4 years 32 mill 20 mill guaranteed

Dontari Poe DT: 1 year 10 mill

Draft:

Round 1 #15: Forrest Lamp OG 6'4'' 309 lbs Western Kentucky

We weren't able to address the right side of our O-Line this offseason by missing on Zeitler and Lang. I don't think there is another prospect here that I REALLY like unless Solomon Thomas drops into the mid to late 1st round like reports are saying. Hes an athletic guard that does well in both phases and would shore up the trenches.

Round 2 #46: Jordan Willis DE/OLB 6'4'' 255 lbs Kansas St

Lord knows the Colts need a pass rusher and although I think the signings of Sheard, Mingo, and Simon I don't think they fix our problem. I think with those signings and drafting Willis we're able to put rotate him into passing situations while polish him up on the rest of his game.

Round 3 #80: Joe Mixon RB 6'1'' 226 lbs Oklahoma

Yeah, I already know what you're thinking. He WON'T be available here, but I've done my research. There are already a handful of teams that removed them from their board, some hes still a late round pick, and some hes rising, but I've yet to see a mock (aside from on this forum) where hes gone before the 3rd round. I think hes the best all around back in the draft and if hes here great, if not... oh well.

Round 4 #121: Josh Jones S 6'1'' 220 lbs N.C. State

Is a plus athlete that possesses the size, range, and speed that you want in a SS. His aggression is overwhelming at times and needs to be controlled, but if he is able to keep it down a notch and if he can hone his zone coverage skills think of a Kam Chancellor type player in the backfield. Would add physicality along with Geathers.

Round 4 #137: Roderick Johnson OT 6'7'' 298 lbs Florida St.

A lengthy OT that has plus run blocking strength. Is a bit on the lean side and has balance issues because of this, but if hes able to correct these issues he could start on the left side and allow Castonzo to move to the right side where I think he is a better fit. 

Round 4 #144: Rasul Douglas CB 6'2'' 209 lbs West Virginia

Interesting prospect with good length. His balance and fluidity needs to get better and would have trouble with quicker, shorter receivers, but I like his size and ball skills. Could be a good press corner and solid depth.

Round 5 #158: Chidobe Awuzie CB 6'0'' 202 lbs Colorado

Going back to back corner because every year we're down to the wire in cornerback depth. You can never have enough CB depth. Fluid, controlled cover corner and possesses solid speed and quickness. I think he would be a great nickel corner for us and if he can improve his tackling he could move up the depth chart.

I think Poe will demand (and receive) a longer contract than 1 year.  I'd also rather see us go defense than OG with our first pick, but it does depend on who is available.  If the highest ranked player is a guard, I'd like to see us try and trade down to acquire more picks.

18 minutes ago, Stillen said:

Just got bored at work and wanted to a quick mock FA/Draft as of 3/15/17. I didn't get to do a TON of research, but I did the most I could with the limited time I had. Let the roasting begin! :]

Free Agents:

Zach Brown ILB: 4 years 32 mill 20 mill guaranteed

Dontari Poe DT: 1 year 10 mill

Draft:

Round 1 #15: Forrest Lamp OG 6'4'' 309 lbs Western Kentucky

We weren't able to address the right side of our O-Line this offseason by missing on Zeitler and Lang. I don't think there is another prospect here that I REALLY like unless Solomon Thomas drops into the mid to late 1st round like reports are saying. Hes an athletic guard that does well in both phases and would shore up the trenches.

Round 2 #46: Jordan Willis DE/OLB 6'4'' 255 lbs Kansas St

Lord knows the Colts need a pass rusher and although I think the signings of Sheard, Mingo, and Simon I don't think they fix our problem. I think with those signings and drafting Willis we're able to put rotate him into passing situations while polish him up on the rest of his game.

Round 3 #80: Joe Mixon RB 6'1'' 226 lbs Oklahoma

Yeah, I already know what you're thinking. He WON'T be available here, but I've done my research. There are already a handful of teams that removed them from their board, some hes still a late round pick, and some hes rising, but I've yet to see a mock (aside from on this forum) where hes gone before the 3rd round. I think hes the best all around back in the draft and if hes here great, if not... oh well.

Round 4 #121: Josh Jones S 6'1'' 220 lbs N.C. State

Is a plus athlete that possesses the size, range, and speed that you want in a SS. His aggression is overwhelming at times and needs to be controlled, but if he is able to keep it down a notch and if he can hone his zone coverage skills think of a Kam Chancellor type player in the backfield. Would add physicality along with Geathers.

Round 4 #137: Roderick Johnson OT 6'7'' 298 lbs Florida St.

A lengthy OT that has plus run blocking strength. Is a bit on the lean side and has balance issues because of this, but if hes able to correct these issues he could start on the left side and allow Castonzo to move to the right side where I think he is a better fit. 

Round 4 #144: Rasul Douglas CB 6'2'' 209 lbs West Virginia

Interesting prospect with good length. His balance and fluidity needs to get better and would have trouble with quicker, shorter receivers, but I like his size and ball skills. Could be a good press corner and solid depth.

Round 5 #158: Chidobe Awuzie CB 6'0'' 202 lbs Colorado

Going back to back corner because every year we're down to the wire in cornerback depth. You can never have enough CB depth. Fluid, controlled cover corner and possesses solid speed and quickness. I think he would be a great nickel corner for us and if he can improve his tackling he could move up the depth chart.

First off I like the free agency and I love the first 2 picks.

Not so crazy about Mixon as I think he's risky. Josh Jones and Rasul Douglas would be good 4th round pickups. I wouldn't bother trying to replace Castonzo at LT, he's significantly better than anybody we could possibly pick up that late in the draft. Awuzie is a good player but I think he's a day 2 pick, not available in round 5.

But bottom line is I gotta give you a lot of credit on Forrest Lamp and Jordan Willis.