evilleseniorfan

Why no conversation about Hankins

55 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, evilleseniorfan said:

25 year old NYG NT? 

There has been, but since there hasn't been a direct connection between the Colts and him, the conversations have been limited.

 

I would love it if we were to get him. A little Buckeye bias there.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

There has been, but since there hasn't been a direct connection between the Colts and him, the conversations have been limited.

 

I would love it if we were to get him. A little Buckeye bias there.

There's not been much talk about him anywhere to any team in FA...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Colts aren't going to be interested in every top rated FA. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info Dirty M.  He seems like a young, long term building block.  A better option that Poe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

The Colts aren't going to be interested in every top rated FA. 

Yes they are colts449 guaranteed it 

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Yes they are colts449 guaranteed it 

We're what? 0-4 so far on those?

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

The Colts aren't going to be interested in every top rated FA. 

 

 

Free agency is very similar to the draft. You have your 2 favorite targets picked out and sweat like mad through the picks leading up to those guys. You leap for joy as they are both available when the Colts pick. Your bubble is burst as they select a player you never even considered. Forget last year as we went with the obvious.

 

Anyway FA is much the same. Evidently Ballard does not value Brown like we do ? Word was we really went after Jeffries ? Who would have figured that one ?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dw49 said:

 

 

Free agency is very similar to the draft. You have your 2 favorite targets picked out and sweat like mad through the picks leading up to those guys. You leap for joy as they are both available when the Colts pick. Your bubble is burst as they select a player you never even considered. Forget last year as we went with the obvious.

 

Anyway FA is much the same. Evidently Ballard does not value Brown like we do ? Word was we really went after Jeffries ? Who would have figured that one ?

Not enough people realize this. I see way too many "Why didn't we go after ____" topics. Teams don't want every guy that hits the open market at a position of need.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The Colts may not see Hankins a 3-4 NT.

 

The Giants played a 4-3 last year with Harrison on the Nose and Hankins as the 3-Tech.

 

It's also possible that Hankins does not want to play the Nose in a 3-4.    That he only wants to play DT in a 4-3.  

 

Not sure what other options we might be considering at the point....  

 

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

The Colts may not see Hankins a 3-4 NT.

 

The Giants played a 4-3 last year with Harrison on the Nose and Hankins as the 3-Tech.

 

It's also possible that Hankins does not want to play the Nose in a 3-4.    That he only wants to play DT in a 4-3.  

 

Not sure what other options we might be considering at the point....  

 

26f331e5fd2637c8e6657a1bc7318367.jpg

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Not enough people realize this. I see way too many "Why didn't we go after ____" topics. Teams don't want every guy that hits the open market at a position of need.

 

 

The great example was last year and I'm sick of bashing Grigson , so take this for what it's worth. 

 

2012 draft ...Colt management leak out that they "just" missed a player in the 2nd round and selected Duane Allen in that spot. It was pretty much proved to be Casey Hayward as GB traded and moved ahead of us.

 

Hayward plays very well for GB and we need a CB in 2016. Many of us thought we would make a big effort to sign Hayward. We sign Robinson while Hayward is still unsigned. Hayward gets a few more bucks than we paid Robinson. 

 

I guess this is not an "example " but instead is proof that it doesn't pay to get too emotionally involved. 

 

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Shive said:

We're what? 0-4 so far on those?

Hes closer on his "not gonna happen" rant. He went off about how we would get some big names, not mid range guys like Simon and Minter :lol:

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Hes closer on his "not gonna happen" rant. He went off about how we would get some big names, not mid range guys like Simon and Minter :lol:

People don't learn. Every year this happens. Some people really thought we were going to get Von Miller awhile back.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He may be waiting for Poe to "set the market", although it sorta seemed like Williams already did.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

The Colts may not see Hankins a 3-4 NT.

 

The Giants played a 4-3 last year with Harrison on the Nose and Hankins as the 3-Tech.

 

It's also possible that Hankins does not want to play the Nose in a 3-4.    That he only wants to play DT in a 4-3.  

 

Not sure what other options we might be considering at the point....  

 

 

 Hankins hated the 4-3 so i bet he will only sign with a 3-4 team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

He may be waiting for Poe to "set the market", although it sorta seemed like Williams already did.

 

 

It could be that Poe is simply the first choice of the teams that need a NT and Hankins just needs for him to pick a team. Then he takes the best offer from the teams that miss out on Poe ? Naturally the teams that are pursuing Poe would need to have pretty much told his agent that they have interest in him if they miss Poe.

 

I think it makes sense if a couple of the teams that prefer Poe have interest in Hankins also. Why would he sign now and maybe have a better offer if he waits it out ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

 

 Hankins hated the 4-3 so i bet he will only sign with a 3-4 team.

 

I'm not saying you're wrong,  because I have no idea,  but can you share how you know this?

 

Most young DL would rather play in a 4-3 where you can make more plays than being a pure NT....    I'm speaking in general here....

 

Do we know why he doesn't like the 4-3?

 

Inquiring minds would like to know this?        Thanks.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

 

 Hankins hated the 4-3 so i bet he will only sign with a 3-4 team.

Where have you seen that? I find that odd since that's the only front he's ever played in (as a base front) collegiately and professionally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's why we haven't heard many teams linked to Hankins. Of coarse that's assuming this report is accurate .

 

 

ESPN's Jordan Raanan reports free agent DT Johnathan Hankins is seeking more than $10 million per season.

One week into free agency, it's fair to say the market believes Hankins is asking for too much. The Miami Herald reported earlier Thursday that Hankins is adamant about signing a long-term deal. Typically, the money is all gone at this point in free agency, but many teams remain flush with cap space. Hankins, though only 25 this month, seems unlikely to get his desired $10 million per year, but could still come away with a nice chunk of change.
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Shive said:

Where have you seen that? I find that odd since that's the only front he's ever played in (as a base front) collegiately and professionally.

I have also seen that. Possibly PFF but I can't be sure.  His ideal fit is at NT in a 3-4.  Harrison took his position away from him.  We really are the ideal place for him and we want a long term deal.  Sounds like a great match if he realizes he's not going to get that kind of money.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, richard pallo said:

I have also seen that. Possibly PFF but I can't be sure.  His ideal fit is at NT in a 3-4.  Harrison took his position away from him.  We really are the ideal place for him and we want a long term deal.  Sounds like a great match if he realizes he's not going to get that kind of money.  

Yeah, but there is a long way from the 10 mio per year he demands to the 7 mio we will probably offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr Clueless said:

Yeah, but there is a long way from the 10 mio per year he demands to the 7 mio we will probably offer.

But if no team is calling with his current 9mil number then he will have to come down or not play.  His agent wants money as well so my guess is the 2mil per year difference will not be that hard.  But another team could come in and grab him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr Clueless said:

Yeah, but there is a long way from the 10 mio per year he demands to the 7 mio we will probably offer.

 

The article said the Skins and Dolphins were the only teams linked to him, and the Skins seem to have moved on.  They said they weren't sure how real the Dolphins interest was.

 

If we're really interested, it may not take much more than that 7/year, if we don't think the Giants are going to match.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

The Colts aren't going to be interested in every top rated FA. 

....but we will be in every bottom FA. haha

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

But if no team is calling with his current 9mil number then he will have to come down or not play.  His agent wants money as well so my guess is the 2mil per year difference will not be that hard.  But another team could come in and grab him.

Exactly!  I don't see what's so hard here.  He want's a multi year deal and that is our preference. If we were offering Poe around a 5yr. 12mil per year, per J. Anderson, how can we not consider bringing him in and talk about a lower but strong 4 or 5 yr. contract.  His options are dwindling.  Unless he has problems we are not aware of this just seems so easy.  25yrs. old and no health issues like Poe. No reason not to bring him in IMO. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For 10 mil a year idk. For 8 in a heart beat. Maybe 8.5? If we had to 9 but that's including incentive pay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Exactly!  I don't see what's so hard here.  He want's a multi year deal and that is our preference. If we were offering Poe around a 5yr. 12mil per year, per J. Anderson, how can we not consider bringing him in and talk about a lower but strong 4 or 5 yr. contract.  His options are dwindling.  Unless he has problems we are not aware of this just seems so easy.  25yrs. old and no health issues like Poe. No reason not to bring him in IMO. 

 

Where are you hearing we were offering 12 mill. per year to Poe ? I never saw that from J Anderson. Plus you can offer anything but the guaranteed money is what its all about 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Exactly!  I don't see what's so hard here.  He want's a multi year deal and that is our preference. If we were offering Poe around a 5yr. 12mil per year, per J. Anderson, how can we not consider bringing him in and talk about a lower but strong 4 or 5 yr. contract.  His options are dwindling.  Unless he has problems we are not aware of this just seems so easy.  25yrs. old and no health issues like Poe. No reason not to bring him in IMO. 

 

She did say that... my bad. But I do doubt that it was 12 mill per year without some "catches" and probably was lacking the normal guaranteed money for that large a deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2017 at 4:16 PM, Defjamz26 said:

People don't learn. Every year this happens. Some people really thought we were going to get Von Miller awhile back.

 Image result

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!....

 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

 

and I thought I was quixotic! I haven't been reading on this board for that long, but I wish I'd seen those posts.

 

Whoever thought we'd be in the running for Von Miller CLEARLY wears the crown and must be The King of that mystical land, in a song, called "wishful thinking".

 

I may be just a jester, but I'm much more pragmatic now. I trust CB is sticking to his (and his Team's) evaluations and value assessments on which player and how much in FA OR which player and when in the DRAFT.  The Trenches are a main priority for his regime and he may have Our future NT selected just one pick away... so let's wait.

Formerly the King

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BlueTruth said:

 Image result

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!....

 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

 

and I thought I was quixotic! I haven't been reading on this board for that long, but I wish I'd seen those posts.

 

Whoever thought we'd be in the running for Von Miller CLEARLY wears the crown and must be The King of that mystical land, in a song, called "wishful thinking".

 

I may be just a jester, but I'm much more pragmatic now. I trust CB is sticking to his (and his Team's) evaluations and value assessments on which player and how much in FA OR which player and when in the DRAFT.  The Trenches are a main priority for his regime and he may have Our future NT selected just one pick away... so let's wait.

Formerly the King

You should have seen some of the players people thought we were signing. Ndamukong Suh, Larry Fitzgerald, Darelle Revis, Demarco Murray,etc... People link us to the top FAs every year. I don't understand why it happened this offseason though. Ballard stated his intentions and thoughts about FA early on. But people are somehow upset we're not snatching up the high priced FAs. 

 

I trust Ballards process.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, richard pallo said:

If we were offering Poe around a 5yr. 12mil per year, per J. Anderson, ...

 

Wait, what?! If Poe turned down a 5 year, 12mil per year from us, he is crazy. I know that he preferred a one year deal, but that is just crazy. O.o

 

Me thinks his agent has tampered with his brain. :loco:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would you turn down a long term deal that commanded more money annually? I thought most NFL players wanted long term deals and commitment. Maybe the guaranteed money wasn't enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just thought I'd bump this.  It's really curious why the Colts aren't at least offering him more than the Giants since they were apparently willing to offer Poe a big contract.  Supposedly, the Giants are only offering a 1yr/4M contract.

 

There has to be something going on if we don't even want to beat that?

 

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/03/latest-on-dt-johnathan-hankins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, stitches said:

 

 

Not sure why Ballard wouldn't beat that offer. But apparently no other team will either. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    •   Yes.  You, sir/madam hit the nail square on the head.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Nas made one of the most positive rap songs I ever heard "I know I can"...  Andre 3000 is a positive force in this world, and makes great music, however you define it.   I hate twista, but that's just my personal opinion.  Everything else you said, I completely agree with.  KRS-1 is a founder.  Q-TIP is a founder.  Jurassic 5 builds on the foundation like few others.  I've never been a fan of the Beastie Boys, but I'm a biased individual.  Cube is THE foundation, along with the rest of the 90's concrete.   Ready to Die...  
    • Also Biggie... Can't think of a bad one he ever spit, although some of the songs had too much Puff Daddy for my taste... If Mace is on a track, I can't listen to it... Monotone, mumbly, awkwardly worded every time he raps.
    • Not sure they would be bigger then Dre he is a icon he even discovered Eminem. I haven't talked about him yet he is actually prolly my favorite modern rapper his flow is absolutely amazing 
    •     Can you imagine Biggie and Tupac enjoying the success of Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Snoop, and Chris Tucker?  They would be the same age as Dre and Snoop, and way more successful.  They could have been the most successful rappers to ever play the game, and retire as icons...   The music/movies that they could have collaborated on?  The coast-to-coast success they could have contributed to if they hadn't been gunned down?   I mean, they could have collaborated in music and movies if they had just buried the hatchet and squashed all that east/west bullcrap...    
    • I can't decide on this one.. For me, it's a toss up between Nas and Jay-Z... Both are absolute geniuses.   Kendrick Lamar will belong near the top of the list eventually.. He is amazing. Eminem has a legitimate claim to possibly having the smartest/most complex rhyme schemes and probably uses more literary convention with regard to poetical forms than all others. His rhymes on the 2nd Bad Meets Evil record (with Royce Da 5-9) should have been game-changers, but couldn't stop the mumble rap from taking over.   Twista might be the fastest, at least he's the fastest without having it overtake his flow. Bone Thugs have some incredibly quick verses.   I think Andre 3k should be included in the discussion. He has some borderline ridiculous verses, but many profound ones.    As far as old school guys, my personal preferences are KRS-1, Q-Tip, Jurrasic 5... Beasties have great jams , but not overly skilled lyricists...   Cube is the best battle rapper all time, imo, although Eminem and Common are both deadly as well   Edit: when I said "battle rapper" I should have said that he makes the best "dis tracks" battling is another scene... I think the consensus might be that Marshall Mathers is the best straight up battler
  • Welcome New Members

    •   Sorry to keep harping on the Irish thing, but did you know the horseshoe has seven points on it?  (The Colts horseshoe, anyway.  Actual shoes for horses depend on the farrier).   Seven is considered a lucky number...  Lucky.  Luck.  I'm telling you, you picked the right team to root for.   7    
    •   Don't hold Boston against the Irish.  It's not our fault.    We love our green, which makes Indiana a tearmann.   I love it that you chose to root for an underdog instead of the Pats.  I don't think it's coincidence that you became a fan around the time Luck got drafted to the Colts.  That's providence.     Horseshoe?  Luck?  Four-leaf clover?  Come on.  Hoosier Hospitality has roots in Irish fun-lovery.  If you're lucky enough to be Irish, you're lucky enough!  May the luck of the Irish be with you!  
  • Members

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.