Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If you could pick, who you want to see the Colts pick in the Draft

1 hour ago, SP_21 said:

I like Reddick but this is a little bit over the top. Really only played ILB one game so it's hard to say he is better than Foster. 

I stand by my statement, watch the tape, better football player than Foster, and I'm not dissing Foster, I think Foster is a hell of a player, but Reddick has a very unique skill set and on another level, I just hope the Colts draft him, he's a special player.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, TheJACKCOLT said:

I stand by my statement, watch the tape, better football player than Foster, and I'm not dissing Foster, I think Foster is a hell of a player, but Reddick has a very unique skill set and on another level, I just hope the Colts draft him, he's a special player.

The guy has never played ILB in a meaningful game and missed a lot of tackles but OK

11 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

The guy has never played ILB in a meaningful game and missed a lot of tackles but OK

I agree. I like Riddick but people on here were mad about a picking a project player in the second round last year. He is a total project player. Has great measurable (like green), but would have to learn the nuances of being a linebacker and gain the instincts which could take years.

There's one person that's gaining steam for me, and it's Haason Reddick. He has the size, the ability, the skill, and he can lead our LBer corps into respectability again. I agree with JackColt that he is better than Foster, I'll bet money on it, and he doesn't have the character concerns either. He may go around 15, so it wouldn't be much of a reach to take him there. Just to get someone that is like Keuchly and can overpower the opponent's offense is a huge difference than the trash we've had at the position since Luck has been here.

14 minutes ago, KB said:

I agree. I like Riddick but people on here were mad about a picking a project player in the second round last year. He is a total project player. Has great measurable (like green), but would have to learn the nuances of being a linebacker and gain the instincts which could take years.

Reddick is not a project player, he is a day one starter, you must have him mixed up with someone else, you are the only person I've ever heard or read, that has called him a project.

I would be most happy picking Myles Garrett, but he won't be there. I guess Sidney Jones. He will likely be there at 15. He doesn't appear have the potential fatal flaws that all of the edge rushers likely to be there have. He would be the safer pick IMHO.

49 minutes ago, TheJACKCOLT said:

Reddick is not a project player, he is a day one starter, you must have him mixed up with someone else, you are the only person I've ever heard or read, that has called him a project.

He has all the tools but has never played linebacker before. He does not have the muscle memory and instincts the position requires in the league because it is so fast paced. Like I said he has all the tools, but he will nother come right out of the gate and demolish. I give him two years at the position and then yes he will be a good to great LBer. Day one starter only for this defense.

1 hour ago, Buddy Lee said:

I would be most happy picking Myles Garrett, but he won't be there. I guess Sidney Jones. He will likely be there at 15. He doesn't appear have the potential fatal flaws that all of the edge rushers likely to be there have. He would be the safer pick IMHO.

Sidney Jones just tore his Achilles no way are we taking him at 15

Haason Reddick

Adoree Jackson

Desmond King

Forrest Lamp

TJ Watt

Maybe Takk but I'd prefer Watt

Leonard Fournette (shut up let me dream)

Notice how most of mine are Late 1st / Early 2nd kind of guys.  I'd be very content if we could get any 2 of my list.  Don't care how we do it.

With this Draft Class's immense depth and potential impact starters from Day 1, I'm not as concerned with who is selected at #15; I'm in support of taking Reddick or Foster, a CB or EDGE or NT being the first two picks, I feel the top of Our Draft will have depth at positions of need and trust that CB will draft players of special qualities there.

It's the bottom of Our picks that have me more concerned, in terms of having a quality Draft. The one player this year that I believe with a "special trait" that separates themselves from their position group is George Kittle, TE of Iowa. He's the best blocker in the class and should be available LATE! (I usually don't care about Draft Value, so much, but when you can select quality players late in the draft, then the potential of drafting a very good class overall INCREASES, as does the prospect of creating a better team) "Build The Monster"

For many reasons, that I previously posted on the forum, Kittle would be an instant impact player blocking in-line on Our OLine and can contribute size, athleticism, and speed to our receiving corps in the middle of the field. If I can affect the outcome of the Draft this year, I'd make sure We add Kittle from Iowa, with one of Our 4th Round picks.

1) FS Budda Baker - biggest need imo. no way Matthias or Duke will be our day one starters. With around 4 other teams looking at safeties early and drafting ahead of us...have a bad feeling odds are against us taking Budda or Marcus Williams.  This should still allow us to secure SS Lorenzo Jerome late in Round 4.

2) RCB Chidobe Awuzie...strong feeling will be gone so RCB Kevin King will be our next best who takes over for Darius Butler and can double back as a FS.

3) RB Joe Mixon...another player who has strong  chance to go sooner. as an alternative we could go with ILB Duke Riley

1st - Howard, 2nd - Feeney, 3rd (with trade up) - Mixon.

Sign Cam Thomas (NT), Perry Riley (ILB), Gerald Hodges (ILB), Darius Butler (SCB/FS), Nickell Robey-Coleman (CB), Latavius Murray (RB).

Cut Arthur Jones, Kendall Langford, Frank Gore.

Star CB, NT, OLB - next year.

57 minutes ago, K-148 said:

1st - Howard, 2nd - Feeney, 3rd (with trade up) - Mixon.

Sign Cam Thomas (NT), Perry Riley (ILB), Gerald Hodges (ILB), Darius Butler (SCB/FS), Nickell Robey-Coleman (CB), Latavius Murray (RB).

Cut Arthur Jones, Kendall Langford, Frank Gore.

Star CB, NT, OLB - next year.

First 3 rounds all offense? That's terrible

4 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Agreed, I'd wait till the 4th round at the earliest. No more project players in early rounds, like Grigson did with Dorsett.

Depending on what else we do in FA I'd debate taking him round 3. His talent is undeniable and if he's a hard working strong minded guy he should recover fully. I'd much rather have a guy who can play RN tho 

33 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

First 3 rounds all offense? That's terrible

Why? Imagine Hilton is hurt. Or Mewhort. Or Doyle. Offense is closer to being fully functional. Defense full of rookies (NT, ILB, CB, S) will not be functional anyways.

18 minutes ago, K-148 said:

Why? Imagine Hilton is hurt. Or Mewhort. Or Doyle. Offense is closer to being fully functional. Defense full of rookies (NT, ILB, CB, S) will not be functional anyways.

Our offense is functional, we are top 10. Imagine anyone who ever played football getting hurt, it could happen to anyone. Doesn't justify leaving our D without a 1st round talent for ANOTHER year. How does 2-3 early defensive picks make our D full of rookies? That's how you build a defense, by actually drafting defense!! Rather have a bunch of rookies then the guys who led our D to the 30th best in the league last year.

20 hours ago, Mike Tahoe said:

Just pure speculation but who would you be most happy with the Colts drafting this year? 

Although it wouldn't be popular opinion I would leave to see us take Forrest Lamp ....  Lamp along side Kelly and Mewhort would solidify the interior of our line for years to come 

Then we hopefully spend the next two or three rounds addressing the defense with another CB, NT, and ILB.

Thoughts?

I agree on Lamp.   It is seriously time to quit poosyfooting around, instead finally solving the team's OL woes.  Strides were made last year, but I truly believe Lamp just might be the final piece in the puzzle.  For the sake of Luck, the Colts NEED an OL like Dallas has.

I would go RB in the 4th round, perhaps the Man who broke Billy Sims' records at Oklahoma, Samaje Perine ( http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/samaje-perine?id=2558138 ).  The rest of the draft, I would concentrate on defense.

1 hour ago, Tmoney said:

Our offense is functional, we are top 10. Imagine anyone who ever played football getting hurt, it could happen to anyone. Doesn't justify leaving our D without a 1st round talent for ANOTHER year. How does 2-3 early defensive picks make our D full of rookies? That's how you build a defense, by actually drafting defense!! Rather have a bunch of rookies then the guys who led our D to the 30th best in the league last year.

Top 10? Splendid! And 156 sacks for Andrew for 4,5 years, and 41 sacks in 2016 alone... This is the price of Foster, Baker, Lawson and so on. This is the price of top 10 offense. Everyone bashed Grigson for not protecting Luck, and now everyone looking to make formidable defense in 1 offseason and draft! Jaguars signed Campbell, Church, Bouye. Titans signed Klug, Cyprien, Ryan, Williams. So... let's draft defense and let Good and Haeg man right side! Howard is a great run blocker and receiver, Feeney is a great zone scheme pass protector. Colts have to protect Luck. This time for real. It's not about being top 1 offense, it's about Luck security.

11 hours ago, TheJACKCOLT said:

it's obvious that you haven't watched any of his tape but OK

It's hard to find much film to watch of him playing ILB since that's not the position he played...

Can you see into the future or something?

4 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

It's hard to find much film to watch of him playing ILB since that's not the position he played...

Can you see into the future or something?

can you?  the move from OLB to ILB is not a big transition, its not like he is moving from offensive tackle, if you know anything about football you can see on film that this would be an easy transition, the move from OLB to ILB is as easy a transition as it gets in the NFL, especially for a player with a skill set like Reddick, we can agree to disagree, no need to see into the future.

7 minutes ago, TheJACKCOLT said:

can you?  the move from OLB to ILB is not a big transition, its not like he is moving from offensive tackle, if you know anything about football you can see on film that this would be an easy transition, the move from OLB to ILB is as easy a transition as it gets in the NFL, especially for a player with a skill set like Reddick, we can agree to disagree, no need to see into the future.

He wasn't a full time OLB either tho. He was a DE that stood up periodically. 

9 hours ago, K-148 said:

Top 10? Splendid! And 156 sacks for Andrew for 4,5 years, and 41 sacks in 2016 alone... This is the price of Foster, Baker, Lawson and so on. This is the price of top 10 offense. Everyone bashed Grigson for not protecting Luck, and now everyone looking to make formidable defense in 1 offseason and draft! Jaguars signed Campbell, Church, Bouye. Titans signed Klug, Cyprien, Ryan, Williams. So... let's draft defense and let Good and Haeg man right side! Howard is a great run blocker and receiver, Feeney is a great zone scheme pass protector. Colts have to protect Luck. This time for real. It's not about being top 1 offense, it's about Luck security.

So take Feeney in the 2nd fine. Why tf would we take OJ Howard round 1 when we just re signed Jack Doyle? If we go offense round 2 then we have to go D round 3. Were 1 player away on offense, I actually really like Joe Haeg was arguably our 2nd best O-linemen last year next to Ryan Kelly. LeRaven Clark only played 3 games put also only gave up 1 sack and looked very nimble and athletic. I'm fine with taking an O-lineman, I'm not fine taking a TE and RB before we address our D. 

Well since it looks like we're going to have pick up multiple DBs in this draft I actually wouldn't mind if we picked up Cordrea Tankersley with one of our picks.  Had to go back and look at the tape a little more after he ran that 4.4 at the combine.  Nice length and size, pretty willing tackler.  Gets a little grabby at times but that's coachable to me. 

56 minutes ago, krunk said:

Well since it looks like we're going to have pick up multiple DBs in this draft I actually wouldn't mind if we picked up Cordrea Tankersley with one of our picks.  Had to go back and look at the tape a little more after he ran that 4.4 at the combine.  Nice length and size, pretty willing tackler.  Gets a little grabby at times but that's coachable to me. 

He allows receivers a lot of separation and genuinely loses his man at times. I think he was helped tremendously by his defensive line. Wouldn't mind him in the 3rd.  I would rather have Awuzie or King though. 

What do you think of Conley? He's the next CB I've gotta watch. 

2 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

He allows receivers a lot of separation and genuinely loses his man at times. I think he was helped tremendously by his defensive line. Wouldn't mind him in the 3rd.  I would rather have Awuzie or King though. 

What do you think of Conley? He's the next CB I've gotta watch. 

Like Conley a whole lot.  Better than most of the available prospects.

Didn't notice a whole lot of pure man coverage from Tankersley.  A lot of press bail and off coverage type of stuff.  Wonder how different he'd be with a different technique or approach. 

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Like Conley a whole lot.  Better than most of the available prospects.

Didn't notice a whole lot of pure man coverage from Tankersley.  A lot of press bail and off coverage type of stuff.  Wonder how different he'd be with a different technique or approach. 

Yeah I didn't really know what his responsibilitiy was half the time. When he was allowed to press and play the boundary he looked great. 

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Agree at this point in time we need to upgrade both safeties and acquire a CB.  With multiple teams needing safeties as well I really feel we need to select a FS in Round 1 with either Budda Baker or Marcus Williams.

Round 2 take best RCB available with either Chidobe Awuzie or Kevin King.  In Round 4 SS Lorenzo Jerome should still be available.

2018 draft class projects to have many solid offensive lineman projected in Rounds 1 and 2.  Notre Dame's RT Mike McGlinchey being top tackle across the board.  Plenty of LG to mention with Quenton Nelson, Martez Ivey.  Jack Mewhort was decent at LG before getting injured in 2016.  To me when Jack did return he didn't seem to do as well.  Agree we need to protect Andrew Luck better and we had opportunities in FA to select quality replacements.

6 hours ago, Tmoney said:

So take Feeney in the 2nd fine. Why tf would we take OJ Howard round 1 when we just re signed Jack Doyle? If we go offense round 2 then we have to go D round 3. Were 1 player away on offense, I actually really like Joe Haeg was arguably our 2nd best O-linemen last year next to Ryan Kelly. LeRaven Clark only played 3 games put also only gave up 1 sack and looked very nimble and athletic. I'm fine with taking an O-lineman, I'm not fine taking a TE and RB before we address our D. 

Once promising 2014 Draft 5th rounder Jonathan Newsome (6,5 sacks in 2015) was cut after disappointing 2015 season and now is a Roughrider. Are you sure Swoope is not second Newsome? Colts have just ONE proven TE, and he is not a gamechanger, just sure-handed check-down option. Opponents' LBs are glad we don't have something better at TE.

20 minutes ago, K-148 said:

Once promising 2014 Draft 5th rounder Jonathan Newsome (6,5 sacks in 2015) was cut after disappointing 2015 season and now is a Roughrider. Are you sure Swoope is not second Newsome? Colts have just ONE proven TE, and he is not a gamechanger, just sure-handed check-down option. Opponents' LBs are glad we don't have something better at TE.

You know that Newsome was cut due to an off field incident, and not due to his play, right??

Or are you implying that we cant trust Swoope because he may secretly be a criminal?? 

3 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

You know that Newsome was cut due to an off field incident, and not due to his play, right??

Or are you implying that we cant trust Swoope because he may secretly be a criminal?? 

He was cut after that, not because of that. He wasn't even punished by comissioner, so why he was cut? Why he is not NFL player right now? Because he was bad. He was bad AND was arrested. Bad combo for a player. 10 solo tackles, 1 sack in 2015. Just like Werner. Do you like PFF? They grade him (after 2015) at 49.4.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-2016-free-agency-tracker/

Andy Studebaker 60.0, Bjoern Werner 57.7.

6 hours ago, K-148 said:

He was cut after that, not because of that. He wasn't even punished by comissioner, so why he was cut? Why he is not NFL player right now? Because he was bad. He was bad AND was arrested. Bad combo for a player. 10 solo tackles, 1 sack in 2015. Just like Werner. Do you like PFF? They grade him (after 2015) at 49.4.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-2016-free-agency-tracker/

Andy Studebaker 60.0, Bjoern Werner 57.7.

So you think he wouldnt have had a chance to have a bounce back year had he not been arrested?

If not, why havent we cut countless other players who only have 1 bad year? 

You yourself said it was because he was bad AND got arrested. So again, do you expect Swoope to be arrested? Because chances are it will take both him being bad and being arrested for him to get cut. At worst we let him walk next year and replace him then. Lots of good free agent options for a 2nd TE next year.