Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If you could pick, who you want to see the Colts pick in the Draft

Just pure speculation but who would you be most happy with the Colts drafting this year? 

Although it wouldn't be popular opinion I would leave to see us take Forrest Lamp or Dalvin Cook in the first round.  Lamp along side Kelly and Mewhort would solidify the interior of our line for years to come 

Then we hopefully spend the next two or three rounds addressing the defense with another CB, NT, and ILB.

Thoughts?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garrett, Allen, Foster, Thomas, Lattimore, Adams, Hooker.

After they're all gone (and I expect they will be), I'm not too picky.  Hopefully just someone that will be able to come in and help us for 16 games while making a difference.  Preferably not a RB, but I can see the reasoning there.  I'd be fine with going OL again if we don't see a defender we like at 15.  Lamp or Bolles would ultimately be ok with me.  Or a trade back for more or future picks.

13 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Mixon, IMO, will not last past mid-3rd round.

Anyone have access to Vegas prop bet odds?  I wonder what the over/under is for him? 

They probably list a number, like over/under the hundredth player taken.

13 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Anyone have access to Vegas prop bet odds?  I wonder what the over/under is for him? 

They probably list a number, like over/under the hundredth player taken.

There are. Odds are  2 to 1 he gets in trouble again.

I'm just thinking of guys who SHOULD actually be there at 15. 

Now, I know that Todd McShay got flayed for suggesting Corey Davis to us today; but Davis is one of a couple of guys that actually, I think, have the most potential to be pro-bowl players,

So, love Corey Davis; Love the idea of OJ Howard; really like Dalvin Cook. 

Defense --- Love Reddick, Taco Charlton. Like Malik McDowell. Really liked Sidney Jones, feel bad for that guy. Budda Baker, Charles Harris.

1 hour ago, LockeDown said:

There are. Odds are  2 to 1 he gets in trouble again.

We get it, you hate Mixon.....

25 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Soloman Thomas. Justin Smith all over again.

There are concerns that Thomas isn't big enough to hold up as a 3-4 DE, but by that same token is too big to play 3-4 OLB. Regardless, he's an extremely talented & smart player, so I think he'll find a way to succeed.

6'3'' and 273 for Soloman Thomas. IMO just the right weight. Can easily gain 7 lbs and be 280 for a 4-3 DE, or lose 8 pounds to get down to 265, same size as Terrell Suggs for a 3-4 OLB. Not to mention he's faster and more athletic too.

3 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

D Cook(1st), R Foster(2nd),C Harris(3rd). We have a Superbowl participant.

Seriously?

I'm hoping you meant these are your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices for our 1st round pick, and not round numbers. 

You've got 3 first round players there.

1)Haason Reddick .. versatility! Rush LB, ILB, OLB + he can drop into coverage

2)Fabian Moreau .. Mayock's comments from Shrine game. Measurables back it up.

3)Nico Siragusa .. Opened holes for pumphrey. 320 lbs + short shuttle & 3cone @ Combine show his athleticism.

4)John Johnson or Kai Nacua .. Either one is great at Safety.

4)Ahkello Witherspoon .. Great size & measurables. I think he mirrors well which is why he had 22 PBUs. He HAS to get better vs the Run though.

4) Stevie Tu'ikolovatu .. NT from USC. Senior Bowl showcases some of the best players in college. Stevie T. held his own against Offensive linemen.

Hasson Reddick, best cover LB as well as the best blitz LB in the draft hands down better than Foster, best ILB prospect since Luke Kuechly and a better athlete, he is a rare talent that can be moved outside on passing downs to rush the passer, high football IQ, understands the game and a physical freak. Started out as a CB worked his way up to being the best LB in the nation, doesn't get the press Foster gets or surrounded by the talent Foster had, but watch the tape he is a rare talent, should be top five player.

Guys I would be elated to have:

Foster

Lattimore

Adams

Hooker

Allen

Fournette

Guys I'd be quite happy to have

Reddick

Thomas

Lamp

Harris

Guys I would not complain if we got but would prefer to see in a tradeback:

Charles Harris

Gareon Conley

Tra'Davious White

Garret Bowles

Ryan Ramczyk

31 minutes ago, TheJACKCOLT said:

Hasson Reddick, best cover LB as well as the best blitz LB in the draft hands down better than Foster, best ILB prospect since Luke Kuechly and a better athlete, he is a rare talent that can be moved outside on passing downs to rush the passer, high football IQ, understands the game and a physical freak. Started out as a CB worked his way up to being the best LB in the nation, doesn't get the press Foster gets or surrounded by the talent Foster had, but watch the tape he is a rare talent, should be top five player.

I like Reddick but this is a little bit over the top. Really only played ILB one game so it's hard to say he is better than Foster. 

9 hours ago, Mike Tahoe said:

Just pure speculation but who would you be most happy with the Colts drafting this year? 

Although it wouldn't be popular opinion I would leave to see us take Forrest Lamp or Dalvin Cook in the first round.  Lamp along side Kelly and Mewhort would solidify the interior of our line for years to come 

Then we hopefully spend the next two or three rounds addressing the defense with another CB, NT, and ILB.

Thoughts?

We dont need a RB in the first round we need Cb SS or DT or NT