With all the talk about the colts signing a big name NT, has everyone forgotten about Ridgeway? He played pretty decent given the amount of snaps he played in his rookie year. I would like to think giving more playing time this year in year 2 he could make a nice leap. He has potential. 

• Like 3

He was good at the end of the season. Constantly getting pressure. He's not a NT tho.

He's not a NT, but he has the potential to be a stud DE in our 3-4 scheme. I think he can be an all around, really good player.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

He's not a NT, but he has the potential to be a stud DE in our 3-4 scheme. I think he can be an all around, really good player.

Does anybody know who drafted him?:hide:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I believe I heard a report that Ballard hacked the line during the pick and chose him for the colts from the Kansas city war room. :sarcasm:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

With all the talk about the colts signing a big name NT, has everyone forgotten about Ridgeway? He played pretty decent given the amount of snaps he played in his rookie year. I would like to think giving more playing time this year in year 2 he could make a nice leap. He has potential. 

He isn't a NT though he is more like what McGill is a pass rushing DT

• Like 2

Not sure if it's actually this cut and dry, but according to the below he played a ton more snaps at NT than DE. 

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RidgHa00/fantasy/2016 

I thought he had a good year, and I do forget about him.  I still think the Colts need an above average at least NT if they are ever going to be truly successful in a 3-4.  You need someone to keep your LBers clean, and the Colts haven't had that since the switch.  Not sure they will this year either, with the draft thin, and Poe who might not be that kind of player any more with his back.  

I wonder if Wilfork would come play a season with the Colts... I mean, he almost owes us, having been a Patriot and a Texan...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dirty Mudflaps said:

I still think the Colts need an above average at least NT if they are ever going to be truly successful in a 3-4.  You need someone to keep your LBers clean, and the Colts haven't had that since the switch.  

Chapman was an interesting .... experiment at that. :sigh:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Outside of C Kelly, He was probably my favorite Rookie player to watch. I wanted him to get more snaps period. Either from DT Perry or another DE. He will be counted on to play a very important role moving forward. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gacoop1 said:

H Ridgeway, H Anderson and McGill should fit in nicely in the middle....

Still need an above average to good NT or else we still will have the same repeating issues

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Still need an above average to good NT or else we still will have the same repeating issues

they can be hard to find, but we might still be in the running for poe.  its interesting that he hasnt signed yet

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

they can be hard to find, but we might still be in the running for poe.  its interesting that he hasnt signed yet

Nobody probably wants to throw 10+ million at him.

4 hours ago, Dirty Mudflaps said:

Not sure if it's actually this cut and dry, but according to the below he played a ton more snaps at NT than DE. 

I thought he had a good year, and I do forget about him.  I still think the Colts need an above average at least NT if they are ever going to be truly successful in a 3-4.  You need someone to keep your LBers clean, and the Colts haven't had that since the switch.  Not sure they will this year either, with the draft thin, and Poe who might not be that kind of player any more with his back.  

I wonder if Wilfork would come play a season with the Colts... I mean, he almost owes us, having been a Patriot and a Texan...

Wilfork is like 50. Doubt it 

• Like 1

Ridgeway, Anderson, Jones (NT), Parry (NT), Langford, McGill and now Hunt make for a decent rotation.  The DL is definitely less of a need than LB or secondary.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Wilfork is like 50. Doubt it 

Thought his waistline was much larger than that!

16 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Ridgeway, Anderson, Jones (NT), Parry (NT), Langford, McGill and now Hunt make for a decent rotation.  The DL is definitely less of a need than LB or secondary.

My hope is that Ridgeway continues to progress and that Anderson bounces back to 2015 form and of course continues to progress......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

H Ridgeway, H Anderson and McGill should fit in nicely in the middle....

Anderson?

In the middle?

Is that what you meant to say, or am I misunderstanding?

5 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, runthepost said:

Nobody probably wants to throw 10+ million at him.

Well.  We could spend it and be set at NT.  Or we could save the 10 million a yr for a rainy day and watch everyone keep running the ball down our throats.

I have no idea why everyone is worried about how much we are spending.  We have a need and we have the money for the need... would Irsay like to spend as little as possible?  Sure.  But there is no sense being stubborn 

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

Well.  We could spend it and be set at NT.  Or we could save the 10 million a yr for a rainy day and watch everyone keep running the ball down our throats.

I have no idea why everyone is worried about how much we are spending.  We have a need and we have the money for the need... would Irsay like to spend as little as possible?  Sure.  But there is no sense being stubborn 

Because it's not a guarantee that it works. Pittsburg demolished KC twice with their running game last year with Poe at the NT spot. Not to mention he does have back issues as a big guy. We could spend 10 million then have another Arthur Jones.

3 minutes ago, KB said:

Because it's not a guarantee that it works. Pittsburg demolished KC twice with their running game last year with Poe at the NT spot. Not to mention he does have back issues as a big guy. We could spend 10 million then have another Arthur Jones.

Because we already have Arthur Jones and it isn't working so you need to take a chance.  He wont be another AJ unless he gets hurt.   I am sire it will be in the contrqct

23 hours ago, Dirty Mudflaps said:

Your link has him playing at DT not NT.

I believe the Colts system calls the defensive end on their left (the offense's right) the DT and the defensive end on their right (offense's left) the DE.

I'm not sure why they do this.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I believe the Colts system calls the defensive end on their left (the offense's right) the DT and the defensive end on their right (offense's left) the DE.

I've been curious about that as well.

On 3/15/2017 at 9:46 AM, KB said:

I don't think NT is the position he should be in. Swapping between DT and DE is where he fits best, opposite of Anderson. He could developed into something good for us. A solid NT would boost his production even more. 

To me, Ridgeway has potential to develop into a 'rich man's' Zac Kerr. 

4 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

My guess would be that the DT plays on the "Strong Side" and the DE plays on the "Weak Side"....hence the better edge setter and run defender would be the DT and the better pass rusher would be the DE.

2 minutes ago, Rick_Grimes said:

I don't expect Jones to be here much longer. Unless he's willing to take a massage pay cut.

He's going to have to stop getting paid so much for those massages. The team needs comfort for a cheap price! Bad play is one thing, but you can't charge for comfort!

• Like 1

Good rotational player on the line. Interested to see his development.

He is not a NT though.

I really think Hassan is our 3-tech of the future. He demands a double team if you run his way and also can push a pocket decently well. He's more of a 2 down player at this point IMO but if we keep Kendal Langford we sub him in on passing downs. 

On 3/17/2017 at 0:12 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

He's going to have to stop getting paid so much for those massages. The team needs comfort for a cheap price! Bad play is one thing, but you can't charge for comfort!

If he cuts out the massages with a "happy ending" it might be doable? :monkeydance:

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:16 AM, cdgacoltsfan said:

The sun shines on a dog's * every once and a while.....

There isn't a defensive player from last year that was impressive. He needs to step it up or be gone.

1 hour ago, jet1968 said:

There isn't a defensive player from last year that was impressive. He needs to step it up or be gone.

Wow. Fire everyone after their rookie season. Seems pragmatic. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Indyfan4life said:

Wow. Fire everyone after their rookie season. Seems pragmatic. 

I didn't say fire everyone. Colts are doing their due diligence by replacing lack luster linebackers from last year. they need to do the same with all 11 defensive positions. If they can by improve on ANY of the current defensive players on the roster they need to do so. Ridgeway was NOT impressive last year. If the Colts can improve his position thru free agency or draft they need to do so. He was part of a defense that ranked last or next to therefore needs to be upgraded. Therefore if he can't step it up next year then ABSOLUTELY he needs to be gone.