Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which player would you risk trading for?

Just now, Indeee said:

Gordon, no hesitations

In a perfect world Browns will release him and we could sign him on vet minimum with performance incentives..Gordon, Hilton, Moncreif, Hilton, Rogers,  Doyle, Swoopes, Gore, Mixon, and rookie TE Kittles From Iowa in the 5th round would make us greatest new show on turf...

It appears you can negotiate the pick and not necessarily lose the 1st. at least that is what I am reading.  The CB from the Rams, Trumaine Johnson, has been franchised but has not signed his tender.  We would probably want to agree to a long term deal before the trade and it would just be like signing any FA to a long term deal.  We have the cap space and with Robinson and possibly M. Butler gone I think this would be a great move.  I think I would prefer Johnson over Butler but they both work for me.  I am really not comfortable starting a rookie at CB. That's just me.  For Butler and Johnson I would expect they want this years 2nd. but you never know.  i would do it.  It would be a sure fire long term starter.   

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Offer conditional 5 to 7th round pick next year based on if we keep him and he performs up to certain level...

I can't see Cleveland letting him go unless someone offered something ridiculous for him. But with his past no one would ever do that.

Just now, Rick_Grimes said:

Gordon, Hilton and Moncrief on the field with someone like Dalvin Cook at RB would be terrifying.

As much as I hate what Joe Mixon did, after watching more tape Id consider drafting in 2nd or 3rd..He is the best RB in this class and in our culture he could stay straight and become a superstar..If not hunt, or kamara will be there or maybe Curtis Samuel who I love..Last case scenario would be to sign Adrian Peterson to a 2yr 15 million dollar contract and hope do be able to draft Saquan Barkley from Penn State in the 1st round next year as our franchise back of the future..Barkley has ladanian tomlinson written all over him..

8 minutes ago, Rick_Grimes said:

I mean, Ballard did take a shot at Alshon Jefrey so grabbing another WR somewhere down the road isn't out of the question.

That saves the money we would have to pay Moncreif, or we could trade Creif for a 3rd in this draft and add more D..

5 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

As much as I hate what Joe Mixon did, after watching more tape Id consider drafting in 2nd or 3rd..He is the best RB in this class and in our culture he could stay straight and become a superstar..If not hunt, or kamara will be there or maybe Curtis Samuel who I love..Last case scenario would be to sign Adrian Peterson to a 2yr 15 million dollar contract and hope do be able to draft Saquan Barkley from Penn State in the 1st round next year as our franchise back of the future..Barkley has ladanian tomlinson written all over him..

Except for the AP part, I agree with everything you said.  Has anyone asked Irsay what he thought about Mixon?  He's the guy (and Carlie will chime in) that is going to have to give the nod to Ballard.

If anyone should think people deserve a second chance, it should be Mr. Irsay.

Why spend a pick for Gordon? He cannot even play in the NFL right now.  Butler would want a contract and I would not waste a pick and spend that money on any of these guys.  Richardson has stated he wants a Suh contract.  Not thanks and Trumaine is solid to me but I don't want to pay a CB north of 13mil/year when we can draft a solid player and have little money on them for 4 or 5 years.

7 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

Mychal Kendricks based on our current needs.

Butler isn't worth a 1st and a massive contract.

If we can get Gordon for a 6th maybe then I'd definitely make that move. Trouble is I think most teams would too.

Agreed!

Also, there's no way I'd trade what is being asked for Richardson. I've said in other threads, but I'll say it again. He's 1 failed drug test away from being suspended for a year, was arrested for racing his car over 140 mph with a child in the back seat, guns on the passenger side floorboard with his friend, and the car reeking of weed when he was pulled over. This was about a week after his 1st 4 game suspension was announced.... On top of that, he's got 1 year left on his contract & would need a new deal that wouldn't be cheap. Hard pass

14 hours ago, Indeee said:

Gordon, no hesitations

14 hours ago, Rick_Grimes said:

Josh Gordon. But the Browns won't let him go.

40 minutes ago, Boomstick1 said:

Gordon

You guys really do like huge risks.  Let's break this down, Gordon has had some sort of suspension his last 4 years.  A rules change in 2014 allowed him to play the last 6 games of the year.  Then indefinitely suspended for 2015.  He applied for reinstatement for 2016, but Goodell only conditionally reinstated him,with Gordon  beginning the season with 4 games on suspension.  Then probably unannounced urine sample testing out the Yin-Yang ... to which Gordon likely says screw that, I'm going into rehab then.

Now that he's out of rehab, he has to reapply for reinstatement again.  Gordon lives with his babysitter... um, I mean, business manager.  Let's see if Goodell even lets him play anymore. Wouldn't surprise me if uncover P.I. is watching him and Goodell makes him give a sample after Gordon might have been partying.  We'll see.  But I doublt Gordon ever wears an NFL uniform for more than 5 games ever again, and he would be lucky to get that, IMO.

Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

You guys really do like huge risks.  Let's break this down, Gordon has had some sort of suspension his last 4 years.  A rules change in 2014 allowed him to play the last 6 games of the year.  Then indefinitely suspended for 2015.  He applied for reinstatement for 2016, but Goodell only conditionally reinstated him,with Gordon  beginning the season with 4 games on suspension.  Then probably unannounced urine sample testing out the Yin-Yang ... to which Gordon likely says screw that, I'm going into rehab then.

Now that he's out of rehab, he has to reapply for reinstatement again.  Gordon lives with his babysitter... um, I mean, business manager.  Let's see if Goodell even lets him play anymore. Wouldn't surprise me if uncover P.I. is watching him and Goodell makes him give a sample after Gordon might have been partying.  We'll see.  But I doublt Gordon ever wears an NFL uniform for more than 5 games ever again, and he would be lucky to get that, IMO.

The Colts organization needs to start taking some risks.

57 minutes ago, FalseStart said:

Dorsett for another 3rd Round Pick...

I have a feeling Dorsett will step up and have a good year if Luck can get enough protection to go through any progressions at all. Normally it takes a WR three years to learn how to play in the NFL.

He is still under his rookie contract and don't cost much.

He has been slowed down due to Luck not having time to find him due to the high sack numbers and running for his life a lot of times.

On 3/15/2017 at 8:32 AM, Smonroe said:

Except for the AP part, I agree with everything you said.  Has anyone asked Irsay what he thought about Mixon?  He's the guy (and Carlie will chime in) that is going to have to give the nod to Ballard.

If anyone should think people deserve a second chance, it should be Mr. Irsay.

Yeah, but he's got daughters and that can affect your thoughts on things like this

20 minutes ago, James Ducheteau said:

Yeah, but he's got daughters and that can affect your thoughts on things like this

Hence the "Carlie will chime in" part.  It's going to be a hard decision for any owner.  I love his talent, but I don't know if he's worth the headache.