Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Elijah Lee, ILB Kansas State

As you guys probably know, he's my new mid-late round crush. Here are his numbers from his pro-day:

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 229lbs

40 yard dash: 4.65

20 yard shuttle: 4.27

3-cone drill: 6.91

bench press: 18 reps

vertical jump: 38"

broad jump: 122

Source: http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2017/03/saints_among_team_to_show_inte.html

Here's how his measurements stack against players on the position:

Height: 6'2" -> 58th percentile

Weight: 229lbs -> 9th percentile

40 yard dash: 4.65 -> 73d percentile

20 yard shuttle: 4.27 -> 58th percentile

3-cone drill: 6.91 -> 81st percentile

bench press: 18 reps -> 18th percentile

vertical jump: 38" -> 92d percentile

broad jump: 122 -> 84th percentile

Those are pretty damn impressive numbers. He is lacking in strength and weight a bit and this is visible in his tape where you can see him having trouble shedding blocks, but he is very athletic and rangy otherwise. He can run with and cover TEs and slots in coverage. Here's his available tape:

Unfortunately this is the only game I could find full tape of. Here's is tape of his teammate Jordan Willis. You can track Lee in most snaps there as well, he's the linebacker with no. 9: http://draftbreakdown.com/players/jordan-willis/

Here's a highlight video, to get an idea of his movement and type of plays he makes:

I personally would be very OK with drafting him with one of our 4th round picks... maybe even with the 3d.

Thoughts?

Super raw, wouldn't make an impact immediately. Has all the athletic tools but doesn't do anything that makes you go WOW that kid has game. In the 3rd or 4th I'd be okay with but I also know he's probably ganna sit for a year or two. 

7 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

Super raw, wouldn't make an impact immediately. Has all the athletic tools but doesn't do anything that makes you go WOW that kid has game. In the 3rd or 4th I'd be okay with but I also know he's probably ganna sit for a year or two. 

Yeah, he will need some work and he will need some time in an NFL team's strength and conditioning program, before he's ready to contribute, but I feel like he's precisely the type of player we should be taking a chance on on day 3 of the draft.

Yeah I agree with TMoney. His technique would take a lot of coaching before he could be relied upon to start. I'd also like to see him add a little bit more weight. If he can get to 235/240 then it would allow him to make more plays inside.  

He's an interesting shot in the dark in the late rounds, but I wouldn't take him before the 5th at this point.

Just read a bit about him, good prospect.  Most are predicting him to go in the 5th.  His pro day numbers would have put him in the top group of the combine LBs.

Didn't appear the Colts had a rep at his pro day, as far as I could tell.