Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could Ballard Make a Trade?

Dark Superman

21 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I would trade a second for Trumaine Johnson.  If we don't sign Poe or Hankins I would trade our 1st. to the Browns for Dan Shelton their starting NT and their 2nd. and 3rd.  Then they could trade two 1st's, and not the no.1 overall, to the Pats for Garapolo. 

20 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

I would have them on the phone ASAP! Love the idea of extra picks in 2nd and 3rd in this deep draft..Shelton would basically be our 1st rd pick....Id almost rather do this than sign Poe...

19 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Me too actually.

Are you all crazy with this??? If we go this route you are basically giving the Pats 2 first round draft picks and then if the Saints get "Drafted Dayed"  by the Pats by getting their 32nd overall pick back from the Cooks deal with the Butler deal they would have 3 FIRST ROUND PICKS PEOPLE!!!!

18 hours ago, chad72 said:

I think the Saints will give the Patriots their original up their second  first round pick #32 overall back for Butler and might be seeing if the Patriots will take it. Patriots, unless the Browns are suckers, will not have a first or second round pick and the Saints know that their low second rounder may work in this case.

1 hour ago, neug3246 said:

Are you all crazy with this??? If we go this route you are basically giving the Pats 2 first round draft picks and then if the Saints get "Drafted Dayed"  by the Pats by getting their 32nd overall pick back from the Cooks deal with the Butler deal they would have 3 FIRST ROUND PICKS PEOPLE!!!!

I don't really care. We get our starting NT and more picks in the top rounds; 2-2's. 2-3's, 4-4's. to trade back up or acquire players.  We need quality players and that's where you find them.  Fill a need and acquire more picks.  Sounds like a good plan to me. I worry about our roster not theirs. 

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I don't really care. We get our starting NT and more picks in the top rounds; 2-2's. 2-3's, 4-4's. to trade back up or acquire players.  We need quality players and that's where you find them.  Fill a need and acquire more picks.  Sounds like a good plan to me. I worry about our roster not theirs. 

Ya well guess what in this scenario so do the pats. Its just asinine in my opinion, I get your thought process behind it but its extremely flawed. You have to look at the way bigger picture with more then one team in this entire trade proposal with all 4 teams involved. And you as the OP at least put some thought into the other teams rosters, just not ours when you you made this trade proposal so don't start with the "I worry about our roster not theirs" nonsense.   

2 hours ago, neug3246 said:

Lets all be honest Pagano didn't Coach the 2012 season all those wins beside what 2 came from BA. In my mind the 2012 season has an * next to it and Pagano has two different records 2012-2016* record (49-31*) 61.25 winning%* and then a 2013-2016 record (38-26) 59.38 winning% which is his real sample as how good of a head coach he is.

This is without playoffs. Include those games you get 2012 (49-32*) 60.49 winning% and (41-28) 59.42 winning%. So we are looking at a 1.07-1.87 difference in winning%.

This post is ridiculous.

10 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

This post is ridiculous.

Maybe... Maybe not its just a different perspective on it. Either way actual full seasons with Pagano as the HC he went 11-5, 11-5, 8-8, 8-8 with a 3-3 playoff record. The dude is consistent none the least. I just can't give him credit for 2012 when I feel like that year should be credited towards BA.    

1 hour ago, neug3246 said:

Maybe... Maybe not its just a different perspective on it. Either way actual full seasons with Pagano as the HC he went 11-5, 11-5, 8-8, 8-8 with a 3-3 playoff record. The dude is consistent none the least. I just can't give him credit for 2012 when I feel like that year should be credited towards BA.    

Cant blame a dude for having cancer... and I know that isnt what you are saying, but my point is he was still the head coach, he still coached that team for the entire offseason and he still worked the team for 5 or 6 games of that season.... Not to mention its not like he was in that hospital room doing nothing, he was reportedly always on the phone, studying the game tape from the games he wasnt there for and providing his direction from the hospital room. To completely remove him from the equation is unfair.