Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are we wasting away Lucks career?

COLTS449

Are we wasting away Lucks career?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Are we wasting away Lucks career?

3 hours ago, jskinnz said:

So what are you saying?

Bill Belichick is playing 5d Chess while the rest of the league is drawing cave paintings? 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Having all that you say does not change the way Luck plays. He has a line backer mentality and that is the way he plays and I don't see it changing.

That is exactly why people love to watch him play. Just saying.

Well technically the cumulative wear on Luck from being hit so much in the pocket (Not during his scrambling shenanigans) has definitely contributed to injury. The problem is Luck is so tough and physically a freak that he takes the beatings that would seriously injure other inferior Quarterbacks. 

Grigson definitely did "try" to protect Luck with a line. But ultimately he failed miserably at it. 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CheezyColt said:

Come on, guys.  Quit being so stupid!  We just need to trade for JJ Watt and we have Henry Anderson who is younger.  If we throw in our 5th rounder with Anderson, Houston might do it. Houston may want to move on from Watt because he has back issues.  Colts are dumb if they don't try.  While we're at it, Julio Jones has been facing injuries the last couple years.  Atlanta probably would like someone with less mileage and Dorsett isn't that far removed from being a first rounder.  Yes, he's underperformed so we might have to throw in a 3rd as well, but I say make it happen!  Quit wasting Luck!  The Cowboys aren't stupid either.  If we offer a package for Zeke and Dez that will allow them to rebuild then they would totally go for it.  Let's offer our next 3 first rounders to Dallas and pick up Zeke and Dez.  We should also look into finding a way to get Aaron Hernandez.  This is football, not boy scouts after all and we need players like him!  Our offense would be complete and we could finally start competing.  But we still need help on the defense.  Let's just find a way to get Kuechly, Von Miller, Aaron Donald, and an in his prime Revis.  I'm so tired of you dumdums who are content with wasting another 3 years of our franchise QB's career!  Who's with me?  Tell me about how you agree with me!  If you don't agree, there are other threads open you can discuss on but leave this one alone.  Go Colts!

/tantrum

You took all that time for nothing. I've never said we should do/try to do anything that was unreasonable bro. So when I say sign 3 guys and there you go. Its realistic. When I say I want bad boys. I mean bad *es. Not freaking murderers. Your should just delete your post because its stupid.

Why is it so bad that I love my team???? That I want my team to win???? That I take sports serious? Doesn't all true fan? This is a Colts Forum. We're not casual fans. We're the fans who watch every game, games all day long on Sundays, and yell at the TV, and maybe more if the Colts lose. Its NOT ok to draft a once in a generation talent, then fail to put the necessary talent around him in 6 freaking years.

And as I said above....I do not wish for some unrealistic nonsense. Example.. I know we aren't going to somehow acquire freaking Von Miller. I just expect us to draft a guy or 2 who's a top tier EDGE rusher. Or (And I'm just using this as an example, GB re-signed him quickly, we had no chance) I want us to give a guy like Nick Perry big money to come in and change our pass rush. Etc, etc, etc.

6 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

You took all that time for nothing. I've never said we should do/try to do anything that was unreasonable bro. So when I say sign 3 guys and there you go. Its realistic. When I say I want bad boys. I mean bad *es. Not freaking murderers. Your should just delete your post because its stupid.

If posts are being deleted for being stupid, your post count is about to drop significantly.  Coming out here each offseason and demanding that we "better" sign the top 3 or 4 free agents every year as well as draft YOUR favorite players is what's stupid.  That is NOT realistic.  Didn't Incognito sexually assault a woman on a golf course with a golf club before the bullying incident?  There were multiple flags on him.  But that's cool, we should just go out and get Aldon Smith and Josh Gordon.  Totally worth it because Aldon meets your "double digit sack guy" criteria (even though it seems like you know there will be many of those types of players in each draft and that's why we HAVE to draft those guys) and Josh Gordon would make an "IMPACT".  My post was stupid and unnecessary, that was the point.  I used to appreciate your passion because there's nothing wrong with that, we all love the Colts.  But your tantrums are ridiculous and I'm over them.

Just now, COLTS449 said:

Why is it so bad that I love my team???? That I want my team to win???? That I take sports serious? Doesn't all true fan? This is a Colts Forum. We're not casual fans. We're the fans who watch every game, games all day long on Sundays, and yell at the TV, and maybe more if the Colts lose. Its NOT ok to draft a once in a generation talent, then fail to put the necessary talent around him in 6 freaking years.

Dude, as stated multiple times, we all would like to be in a better place concerning our roster.  Fact of the matter is, we aren't.  Just because the team screwed up in the past does not mean we need to exacerbate the error by dumping all of our cap space into the top 3 players from this year's free agent class.  Especially considering the 2nd contract guys in this years class are from the underwhelming 2013 draft.  If those 3 players don't lead us to a super bowl then we've not only wasted those past 6 years, but the next 6 as well because we'd have to start rebuilding...again.  You demanding change on a freaking message board and stomping your feet and pouting isn't going to help anything.  It's just annoying for the other posters here.  There's a way to make your point without sounding like a child.  I believe you said you're 27 years old... you should know how to communicate effectively by now.

So by all means, please go ahead and post your opinions on the state of the roster.  Post what you think would make the team better.  Post your thoughts on what's happening around the league.  That's what we're all here to do.  There's nothing wrong with being a fan and wanting the Colts to succeed.  Just take a breath and count to ten before throwing a tantrum on every thread you decide to jump in on.  There's no need to see the same petulant posts on several threads and then have you start a whole new one based on the same stuff.  All the while calling the people who disagree with you stupid.  It's just exhausting and annoying as all get out.

11 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

If posts are being deleted for being stupid, your post count is about to drop significantly.  Coming out here each offseason and demanding that we "better" sign the top 3 or 4 free agents every year as well as draft YOUR favorite players is what's stupid.  That is NOT realistic.  Didn't Incognito sexually assault a woman on a golf course with a golf club before the bullying incident?  There were multiple flags on him.  But that's cool, we should just go out and get Aldon Smith and Josh Gordon.  Totally worth it because Aldon meets your "double digit sack guy" criteria (even though it seems like you know there will be many of those types of players in each draft and that's why we HAVE to draft those guys) and Josh Gordon would make an "IMPACT".  My post was stupid and unnecessary, that was the point.  I used to appreciate your passion because there's nothing wrong with that, we all love the Colts.  But your tantrums are ridiculous and I'm over them.

Dude, as stated multiple times, we all would like to be in a better place concerning our roster.  Fact of the matter is, we aren't.  Just because the team screwed up in the past does not mean we need to exacerbate the error by dumping all of our cap space into the top 3 players from this year's free agent class.  Especially considering the 2nd contract guys in this years class are from the underwhelming 2013 draft.  If those 3 players don't lead us to a super bowl then we've not only wasted those past 6 years, but the next 6 as well because we'd have to start rebuilding...again.  You demanding change on a freaking message board and stomping your feet and pouting isn't going to help anything.  It's just annoying for the other posters here.  There's a way to make your point without sounding like a child.  I believe you said you're 27 years old... you should know how to communicate effectively by now.

So by all means, please go ahead and post your opinions on the state of the roster.  Post what you think would make the team better.  Post your thoughts on what's happening around the league.  That's what we're all here to do.  There's nothing wrong with being a fan and wanting the Colts to succeed.  Just take a breath and count to ten before throwing a tantrum on every thread you decide to jump in on.  There's no need to see the same petulant posts on several threads and then have you start a whole new one based on the same stuff.  All the while calling the people who disagree with you stupid.  It's just exhausting and annoying as all get out.

Just 1 quick question. Well 2 really. If Aldon Smith plays, he's obviously going to be a beast. If Josh Gordon plays he's going to be a beast. You're actually talking about 2 top 10 players, maybe top 5. So.....And yes I know Aldon isn't a FA. Just examples. Nothing more, but I want an answer..

Aldon Smith for 16 games or John Simon?????

Josh Gordon for 16 games or Phillip Dorsett?????

I don't want em if they aren't re-instated. They probably will be though. But I DO want them when they are re-instated and if they can stay out of trouble and play the entire year. You're basically saying you don't want guys like that even if they would change our team drastically. IS that right?

3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Just 1 quick question. Well 2 really. If Aldon Smith plays, he's obviously going to be a beast. If Josh Gordon plays he's going to be a beast. You're actually talking about 2 top 10 players, maybe top 5. So.....And yes I know Aldon isn't a FA. Just examples. Nothing more, but I want an answer..

Aldon Smith for 16 games or John Simon?????

Josh Gordon for 16 games or Phillip Dorsett?????

I don't want em if they aren't re-instated. They probably will be though. But I DO want them when they are re-instated and if they can stay out of trouble and play the entire year. You're basically saying you don't want guys like that even if they would change our team drastically. IS that right?

Both Aldon and Josh have shown that they either can not or will not stay out of trouble.  So if we went with Aldon and Josh and lost John and Phillip, then we're one mistake away (from mistake prone players) from having NOTHING instead of adequate.  Signing either of them would be a mistake in my opinion.  I'd much rather have John Simon and Phillip Dorsett for 16 games instead of either of the other two for 3 games.  I won't come out here and DEMAND that we don't sign them (if they were to become reinstated and available).  Whereas I feel pretty confident in estimating that you would have a post saying "We better sign at least one of these guys!  How can you stupid people not see how good they are?"

I don't have a problem with second chances, but advocating for 3rd, 4th, or 5th chances at the expense of the rest of our roster is just an unnecessary risk, in my opinion.  So yes, that IS right.

39 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

Both Aldon and Josh have shown that they either can not or will not stay out of trouble.  So if we went with Aldon and Josh and lost John and Phillip, then we're one mistake away (from mistake prone players) from having NOTHING instead of adequate.  Signing either of them would be a mistake in my opinion.  I'd much rather have John Simon and Phillip Dorsett for 16 games instead of either of the other two for 3 games.  I won't come out here and DEMAND that we don't sign them (if they were to become reinstated and available).  Whereas I feel pretty confident in estimating that you would have a post saying "We better sign at least one of these guys!  How can you stupid people not see how good they are?"

I don't have a problem with second chances, but advocating for 3rd, 4th, or 5th chances at the expense of the rest of our roster is just an unnecessary risk, in my opinion.  So yes, that IS right.

I'm saying IF they stay out of trouble and play the whole year. That was the question.

12 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I'm saying IF they stay out of trouble and play the whole year. That was the question.

Once you start playing the IF game it's as easy to say but what IF Simon/Sheard has a break out year, or what IF Moncrief removed from injury plays up to the level that had the likes of BB praising him. 

Besides, this was already discussed ad nauseam in one of your other topics even/if/when both are reinstated they are under contract. The Browns or the Raiders having stuck by them this long aren't going to give them up cheaply and we've got too many holes all round to fill without trading away a pick on a player who could well end up being banned for good. 

It isn't a given that they would be "beasts" upon their return. They've missed a lot of football.

I voted no. He's in his 6th year, so not exactly on the verge of retirement. With Manning we didn't even get our first playoff win til year 6, so as far as I'm concerned we're ahead of the curve. Once Luck's protection improves, which it should vastly after last year, and this entire offseason, the offense is going to take off. A running game would help too.

11 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

5 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Once you start playing the IF game it's as easy to say but what IF Simon/Sheard has a break out year, or what IF Moncrief removed from injury plays up to the level that had the likes of BB praising him. 

Besides, this was already discussed ad nauseam in one of your other topics even/if/when both are reinstated they are under contract. The Browns or the Raiders having stuck by them this long aren't going to give them up cheaply and we've got too many holes all round to fill without trading away a pick on a player who could well end up being banned for good. 

^^^ What he said.  What IF Henry Anderson, fully recovered, goes JJ Watt-mode and puts up 20 sacks?  What IF Phillip Dorsett, sensing that he's on a hot seat, goes for 1600 yards?  What IF Frank Gore in a final blaze of glory runs for 2,000 yards?  Those are all just as possible as us obtaining Gordon or Smith and having them play all 16 games at All-Pro levels. (read: not very likely)

24 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I voted no. He's in his 6th year, so not exactly on the verge of retirement. With Manning we didn't even get our first playoff win til year 6, so as far as I'm concerned we're ahead of the curve. Once Luck's protection improves, which it should vastly after last year, and this entire offseason, the offense is going to take off. A running game would help too.

I voted yes, because I think the past 2 years could have been playoff years if Grigson hadn't run the team so poorly.  Those years are gone now (wasted).  This year could and should be a step towards taking back the division, but with the amount of holes on this roster, it may be 2018 when we can make a run in the playoffs.  

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

I voted yes, because I think the past 2 years could have been playoff years if Grigson hadn't run the team so poorly.  Those years are gone now (wasted).  This year could and should be a step towards taking back the division, but with the amount of holes on this roster, it may be 2018 when we can make a run in the playoffs.  

I agree with most of that, but we keep saying that "we're" wasting Luck's career. He's the one that went up to New England and could only muster up 7 points in the AFCCG, and while I'm as big of a Luck fan as anyone, he's gonna have to do a little better than that if we want to win a Super Bowl.

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Having all that you say does not change the way Luck plays. He has a line backer mentality and that is the way he plays and I don't see it changing.

That is exactly why people love to watch him play. Just saying.

I don't see him changing either.  It just means a potential for similar injuries.  

1 hour ago, SteelCityColt said:

It isn't a given that they would be "beasts" upon their return. They've missed a lot of football.

Yeah Anderson, Dorsett, Ridgeway, etc could break out...But.....Check this out.....

What if Josh Gordon led the league in receiving yards at 1,646???

What if Aldon Smith put up 19,5 sacks???

Gordon may actually be able to be had. If he becomes available we should go get him.

Just now, COLTS449 said:

Yeah Anderson, Dorsett, Ridgeway, etc could break out...But.....Check this out.....

Gordon may actually be able to be had. If he becomes available we should go get him.

I think you missed the point. 

46 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I agree with most of that, but we keep saying that "we're" wasting Luck's career. He's the one that went up to New England and could only muster up 7 points in the AFCCG, and while I'm as big of a Luck fan as anyone, he's gonna have to do a little better than that if we want to win a Super Bowl.

the patriots doubled ty in that game and no one was really getting open.  revis smothered moncrief in the game iirc

any team that does that has a good chance of beating us

1 hour ago, VocableLoki said:

I fail to see, given what has been accomplished in Luck's time here, how his career is being "wasted." Terrific stats and three playoff wins, it certainly could be better and the team could be in a better state but it hasn't been "wasted."

I'm not a doom and gloom guy, but we DID waste a couple years of Lucks career.  

How many wins would he have had if the Colts had a defense or offensive line?

Maybe I should say partial waste.  But I really think it was just wasted. 

9 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Ah, Manning to Collie. That's where you went. What happened to the Username history in the Profile section? 

If you click on someone's profile, there should be a display name history button next to their username.

3 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

And as I said above....I do not wish for some unrealistic nonsense. Example.. I know we aren't going to somehow acquire freaking Von Miller. I just expect us to draft a guy or 2 who's a top tier EDGE rusher. Or (And I'm just using this as an example, GB re-signed him quickly, we had no chance) I want us to give a guy like Nick Perry big money to come in and change our pass rush. Etc, etc, etc.

It's not that you disagree with the moves that we've made.  It's the tone and attitude about them that makes it hard to discuss with you.  It comes across as nothing but whiny, particularly when you repeat the same things over and over in every thread.  

Like I don't know much about you, other than you're the guy that always complains about why we haven't drafted/signed [pick your guy (in your case, I'll always think of Noah Spence when I see your name)] and because of that, this franchise is a dumpster fire.  Like, I get we didn't get your guy, that happens to all of us who follow the offseason and have favorites.  I wanted - still want - Dontari Poe, but if we don't get him, I'm not going to act like the season's over when we're only 1 week into the new league year.  

I'm really not saying this to bash you, I'm saying this for no other reason than I get that you care about this team.  That's a great start.  It's even better that you do some research.  I'll listen to you before whoever that one * Browns fan was that just came in here trumping Trent Richardson and how we're all blind followers 2 days after the trade.  But slow down with the overreactions.  I think I speak for all of us when I say we'd rather you disagree with us, even passionately, but dial down the whining and come back a year later and make us eat crow than do whatever it is you're currently doing.

We most certainly were wasting his career, but now are hopefully headed in the right direction.  

It's impossible for Ballard or anyone to remake the roster Grigson left us with in 5 days.  If the defense, O-line and running game can inch closer toward average in 2017, we'll be doing well.

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

the patriots doubled ty in that game and no one was really getting open.  revis smothered moncrief in the game iirc

any team that does that has a good chance of beating us

So maybe don't force the ball to those guys? Don't get me wrong, pretty much everyone failed that day to execute even the simplest of tasks, so it's definitely not all on Luck. But if I'm going to give Luck praise in games that they win & put up 35 points, I going to throw some blame at him when they lose and only score 7 too.

2 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Didn't T.Y. Just lead the league in receiving yards with a crap ol and moncrief being hurt and no running game. If I owed a team I wouldn't let my gm even bring Josh Gordon in for a visit. With all your ifs he has proven he can't stay on the field. If Ballard can upgrade the ol(the ol was allot better the last half of the year) the O will be set for years to come. The D needs more work and will take longer, but there's no reason to not think the Colts can do what Atl did this year on D. They hit on 2-3 D players in the draft and a couple good fa. 

The ATL is my 2nd favorite team and they remind me of the early manning Colts and these luck Colts remind me of the early manning Colts too.

2 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

What if Dorsett has 1500 yards receiving? 

What if Simon has 15 sacks?