Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adoree Jackson (CB Scout #1)

Okay, So Cornerback Scouting is my specialty.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/adoree-jackson-vs-notre-dame-2016-2/

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/adoree-jackson-vs-alabama-2016/

Okay, The Washington game was his worst game, and he still did pretty darn good.

Adoree Jackson, Let go through the long string of positives.

Extremely Fluid Hips

NFL caliber field awareness (in that he always knows what is going on, on the entire field. Maybe because he plays so much offense)

Strong jam at the line.

Great anticipation of the WR routes (this is something that simply cannot be coached)

Can play Both Zone and Man Coverage extremely well.

Competes and fights for the any ball near him.

Rarely gets any penalties called against him for interference.

Can become a shield against the pass on streaks without drawing a penalty.

Strong STRONG tackler for his size and weight.

Discourages his opponents with his motor that never slows down from the 1st to 4th quarter, no matter what the score is.

Uses great vision when running the ball on offense to find holes and gaps and exploits them with confidence.

Obviously a great return man, despite his slightly above average speed.

Gets involved in ALL TACKLES, despite how many players are involved.

Great pre snap awareness, lining up and positioning himself correctly most of the time, in anticipation of the route.

Shows the hands of a WR when picking of the ball

I can keep going.

His weaknesses

Does not break in front of the ball on hitch routes (Tom Bradies favorite plays) but this may because he is not a risk taker

Doesn't have a great Vertical when fighting from balls, but is in great position and usually effects the play and causes at least an interception.

His wide range of positioning may be  hinderence, if he were to say, be told to play man every down in the NFL. He seems to be very comfortable moving around like a safety. But that is up to the coaches to work with.

The only reason I can see that he is not a first rounder, is because he moves around the field a lot. Kinda like those FS that line up in the front seven a lot, and maybe that makes teams nervous, but the shouldn't be. He is definitely worth #15, and is we can trade down, we should, but I would risk it with the FA moves we have made so far.

Agree that I would be okay with White at 15. Trading down does seems pretty wise too. My thoughts seem to be boiling down to if a few select player don't fall to the Colts (Foster, Hooker, Adams, Lattimore, Fournette, etc...) I want us to trade down. But I would not be upset if we just took a player like White or Lamp.

I liked Adoree Jackson for a while now.  Solid punt returner.  But 15 seems a bit high.  If Humphrey isn't there at 15, I'd like to trade down about 7 to 10 spots, pick up a 2nd rounder, then take the best CB still there.  The talent pool suggests it will still be a good value.

1 hour ago, Freeupfreeney said:

Okay, The Washington game was his worst game, and he still did pretty darn good.

Extremely Fluid Hips

NFL caliber field awareness (in that he always knows what is going on, on the entire field. Maybe because he plays so much offense)

Strong jam at the line.

Great anticipation of the WR routes (this is something that simply cannot be coached)

Discourages his opponents with his motor that never slows down from the 1st to 4th quarter, no matter what the score is.

Uses great vision when running the ball on offense to find holes and gaps and exploits them with confidence.

Great pre snap awareness, lining up and positioning himself correctly most of the time, in anticipation of the route.

I can keep going.

His weaknesses

Does not break in front of the ball on hitch routes (Tom Bradies favorite plays) but this may because he is not a risk taker

Doesn't have a great Vertical when fighting from balls, but is in great position and usually effects the play and causes at least an interception.

His wide range of positioning may be  hinderence, if he were to say, be told to play man every down in the NFL. He seems to be very comfortable moving around like a safety. But that is up to the coaches to work with.

The only reason I can see that he is not a first rounder, is because he moves around the field a lot. Kinda like those FS that line up in the front seven a lot, and maybe that makes teams nervous, but the shouldn't be. He is definitely worth #15, and is we can trade down, we should, but I would risk it with the FA moves we have made so far.

Watching the three videos I disagree on these two strengths:

I think he shy's away from head on contact and in the Washington game he had several arm tackles that were broken. However he is great at chasing and catching a guy from behind that looks like they are about to take it to the house. However that ND game this guy was pretty impressive on a scoring stand point.

1 hour ago, Freeupfreeney said:

Extremely Fluid Hips

Strong jam at the line.

I can keep going.

His weaknesses

You lost me at "cornerback scouting is my specialty."