Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MPStack Mock

I have enjoyed everyone's mocks and have finally decided to do my 1st one of the season. So here goes it!

1. JABRILL PEPPERS, SS  I`m not the biggest fan of Peppers, but he starting to climb some draft boards and he`s versatile.

2. JOE MIXON, RB What can I say, but I think he`s possibly the most complete, RB in the class. His downfield receiving is a thing of beauty.

3. DEREK RIVERS, DE/OLB  4.61 40 YD, 30 Reps 225 Bench, Vertical 35 and Broad 10'3"

4. RASUL DOUGLAS, CB At 6-2 209 was an FBS-best eight interceptions, adding 70 tackles, 16 passes defended and one forced fumble to earn First Team All-Big 12 honors.

4. JAYLEN MYRICK CB Lead all CB`s at combine with a 4.28 40 YD 

4. KENNY GOLLADAY WR 6-4 213, Averaged 80 receptions, 1100 yds and 9 TDS over two seasons as a starter. 

5. BEN GEDEON, ILB One of the Leaders of Michigan defense. Has some pass rush ability from the Mike. 4.5 sacks 2016

Obviously, I could not cover all the needs for the Colts in this draft. I also took into account that I think they will add a veteran NT, ILB and Safety ( D. Butler) hopefully.

Anyways feel free bash, criticize or just like. I have thick skin. Enjoy! 

Hmmmmm.......haven't really considered Peppers this high.  Perhaps if we traded back some spots and picked up like an extra 3rd rounder I wouldn't hate it.  But I don't like it much at 15.  The rest isn't too bad.  Got the pass rusher, the RB, CB's.  Could probably use an OL though.  Maybe replace Ben Gedeon with Ben Braden, also from Michigan?  Nice job.

14 hours ago, MPStack said:

I have enjoyed everyone's mocks and have finally decided to do my 1st one of the season. So here goes it!

1. JABRILL PEPPERS, SS  I`m not the biggest fan of Peppers, but he starting to climb some draft boards and he`s versatile.

2. JOE MIXON, RB What can I say, but I think he`s possibly the most complete, RB in the class. His downfield receiving is a thing of beauty.

3. DEREK RIVERS, DE/OLB  4.61 40 YD, 30 Reps 225 Bench, Vertical 35 and Broad 10'3"

4. RASUL DOUGLAS, CB At 6-2 209 was an FBS-best eight interceptions, adding 70 tackles, 16 passes defended and one forced fumble to earn First Team All-Big 12 honors.

4. JAYLEN MYRICK CB Lead all CB`s at combine with a 4.28 40 YD 

4. KENNY GOLLADAY WR 6-4 213, Averaged 80 receptions, 1100 yds and 9 TDS over two seasons as a starter. 

5. BEN GEDEON, ILB One of the Leaders of Michigan defense. Has some pass rush ability from the Mike. 4.5 sacks 2016

Obviously, I could not cover all the needs for the Colts in this draft. I also took into account that I think they will add a veteran NT, ILB and Safety ( D. Butler) hopefully.

Anyways feel free bash, criticize or just like. I have thick skin. Enjoy! 

I don't like the Peppers pick I think there will be better players available at that pick.

Very realistic.  I'm in the minority,  but I am not even sure Mixon will make it out of the 1st round - I think it will go Fournette, McCaffrey, then Mixon, with Cook falling into the 2nd (tragically unathletic combine).  Props for Golladay - my favorite possession receiver pick.  We need to get Luck one of those.

Even though I'm a Buckeye, I really like Peppers.  Just don't think he's a big need on our team right now.

Archer, I won't be shocked if Mixon goes in the first, and at the same time I won't be shocked if he's a day 3 selection.  He's the story of the draft right now. 

I enjoy reading these mocks, and if Ballard can do as well as some of our posters, we should have a bunch of great additions.

Peppers is good but he's redundant for as long as Geathers is here. Someone like Hasson Reddick would be a better pick at #15 I think.

Mixon. I'll tolerate it. I kind of hate myself for it, but I'll tolerate it.

Rivers, cool if he's there. He had a good combine and plays a premium position though so I wouldn't count on it.

My gripe is, unless we get a #2CB in FA (doubtful at this point), I want to grab a corner earlier than the 4th round.

I like everything minus Peppers.  He might have a good career but I do not see us drafting someone similar to what we have already.  He is not someone we can draft and plug into a ILB or even OLB in my opinion.  He is not good enough at the safety spot to warrant the 15th overall pick IMO.  I like everything else and would love Mixon.