Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gonna try to knock out a few player breakdowns this week....need some recommendations

I know a lot of you guys have asked me to do a few of these, unfortunately i've been pretty busy over the past few months, but i have a bunch of free time on Wed, Thursday, and Friday.

Drop some recommendations on some players below and ill try to get to all of them. 

Obviously just somewhere to start

OLB: Derek Barnett, Tim Williams, Takk Mckinley, Jordan Willis

S: Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Obi Melifonwu

CB: Marshon Lattimore, Gareon Conley, Jalen Tabor, Marlon Humphrey, Cameron Sutton

Just a few names to start. Don't worry if you can't look at all of them but I'd like to know your thoughts on the safeties. Thanks :)

If you're looking for a late round guy, I like Corn Elder.  He's been told he's too small since he was too small but he's one tough sob.

Not sure if he'd crack our roster, if so it's as a nickel.  If he's there for our last pick, I'd take him.

Rueben Foster and Budda Baker are two guys that I like based on the limited research I've done on them.  I'd appreciate a more detailed breakdown of them.  Sidney Jones is another interesting one since he was a first round talent, but his injury could affect his draft stock.  Could the Colts get him in, say, the 3rd round?

In my opinion, I'd like to see more defensive guys since I think that's where the Colts could/should focus.

Reddick

Tankersley

Buddha Baker

Malik McDowell

I think we have a good idea on the more popular names on here like Tim Williams, Reuben Foster, etc. So it would be cool to get your opinion on some of the overshadowed guys. I threw Reddick on there because a lot of people want him but I haven't watched him at all. 

14 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Rueben Foster and Budda Baker are two guys that I like based on the limited research I've done on them.  I'd appreciate a more detailed breakdown of them.  Sidney Jones is another interesting one since he was a first round talent, but his injury could affect his draft stock.  Could the Colts get him in, say, the 3rd round?

In my opinion, I'd like to see more defensive guys since I think that's where the Colts could/should focus.

That's where some people are predicting he'll fall.  Most are saying he's a second day pick now, and probably to a team that has picks to spare, like the Browns. 

I don't think we could afford to redshirt a second rounder.  Third round redshirt, with his potential?  Maybe?

I'd want more info on Reddick for sure. 

One guy I'd be interested in for a 1-gap style 3-4 that we seem to like to run recently is Caleb Brantley, DL, Florida, especially if we trade down in round 1. He is another I'd like a write up for.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I'd want more info on Reddick for sure. 

One guy I'd be interested in for a 1-gap style 3-4 that we seem to like to run recently is Caleb Brantley, DL, Florida, especially if we trade down in round 1. He is another I'd like a write up for.

Brantley has intrigued me a bit. When he really turns it on, he's a load. I also kinda like Adam's if we were to look at a 1 gap kinda guy, I know he can be on and off but he's a powerful guy and at times with Auburn was basically unblockable.

I would think Reddick would be someone you'd enjoy.

One of your favorite players from a year or two ago, was UCLA's Eric Kendricks...   and I think Reddick is in that mold....     slightly bigger and tested even better.

Now,  he played OLB in college....    but he was moved to ILB at the Senior Bowl and was reportedly very impressive there and a number of scouts think ILB will be his best pro position.

I thought you might enjoy profiling him early.

He's one of the hottest and fastest risers in this draft.....

Have fun!            :thmup:

p.s. --- oh, and thanks for doing these!