Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Schwenke Signs

backshoulderfade

50 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Cutting Blythe will come back to haunt us if it happens

I would be real surprised if we cut Blythe. He is only beginning his second season, and played well last year. 

Schwenke can play guard. 

8 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I would be real surprised if we cut Blythe. He is only beginning his second season, and played well last year. 

Schwenke can play guard. 

It would not surprise me at all. He offers no position flexibility He's a C that's it. You put him at G you are asking for trouble. Unless you are grooming him to take over as the starting C he's just eating a roster spot. We spent 18th overall pick on a C so I hope that's not the case. 

3 minutes ago, akcolt said:

It would not surprise me at all. He offers no position flexibility He's a C that's it. You put him at G you are asking for trouble. Unless you are grooming him to take over as the starting C he's just eating a roster spot. We spent 18th overall pick on a C so I hope that's not the case. 

I am not buying that he is just a center. 

Thanks but I will see how this plays out, and I have a feeling Blythe will be standing in the end. 

7 minutes ago, corgi said:

No, it was either sarcasm or someone else complaining over nothing. Harr to differentiate on here.

That one was pretty easy to follow. 

We have had a tough time tackling anyone for a couple of years. It's not complaining when it is absolutely true. No need for any of us to wear rose colored glasses. We were one of the worst tackling teams in the league last year. 

So we sign a backup OL who may or may not even make it through camp, and one person asks if he can play corner while another asks if he can tackle anyone.

It is okay for people to joke around about these things. We have a long way to go before we know how any of these new acquisitions will pan out. 

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

That one was pretty easy to follow. 

We have had a tough time tackling anyone for a couple of years. It's not complaining when it is absolutely true. No need for any of us to wear rose colored glasses. We were one of the worst tackling teams in the league last year. 

So we sign a backup OL who may or may not even make it through camp, and one person asks if he can play corner while another asks if he can tackle anyone.

It is okay for people to joke around about these things. We have a long way to go before we know how any of these new acquisitions will pan out. 

I have no issue with people joking. Don't like the gripey for no reason  crowd. Missed the sarcasm, read it as sincere, it happens. 

45 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Ever heard of depth?

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

No other way to be when you want a dominant team, and we aren't doing much to drastically improve it. We should be a top 3 team right now, and we could have went all in this offseason and landed a couple pro bowlere 

Jesus, every single year you go into free agency expecting the Colts to sign all of the pro bowlers, and you expect that to be a huge difference maker. How often do the teams that "win" the offseason go on to win the regular season?

Hell, we "won" the offseason just a few years ago, following making the AFC championship the season before, and proceeded to go 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

This is the real world, not Madden.

35 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Jesus, every single year you go into free agency expecting the Colts to sign all of the pro bowlers, and you expect that to be a huge difference maker. How often do the teams that "win" the offseason go on to win the regular season?

Hell, we "won" the offseason just a few years ago, following making the AFC championship the season before, and proceeded to go 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

Once every 3 years? The Broncos and Pats loaded up on free agents and won the SB. Though they are closer then us to the SB every year anyway. So basically it should be used as a stepping stone for getting over the hump for a SB title, or just filling out your team while building through the draft in our case. Technically, even with Luck, a FA class won't get us there. So Ballard is doing the right thing as of now.

37 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

No offense bro. But how is everyone so dumb (including the media)? to think we WON free agency 2 years ago by signing Andre Johnson, Frank Gore, Trent Cole, and Todd Herremans????? I mean that's NOT winning FA. That's being stupid and signing a bunch of old, washed up players. That year.... Signing Pernell McPhee, Brian Orakpo, Jeremy Maclin, Rodney Hudson, and Ritchie Incognito would have been going all out. Actual good, young players who would have drastically improved our team.

8 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

and we could have went all in this offseason and landed a couple pro bowlere 

Yep, just like the Jaguars last year.

In other words, build through the draft, make reasonable signings/re-signings during FA. 

25 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

He kind of like doesn`t replace Reitz at all.
 In an emergency he would Never play LT. 

Utility linemen like Reitz was at G/T.

This guy is a utility guy at G/C.

Utility signing, nothing more. I said he's not a T. 

In all fairness, it's debatable if Reitz was even playing T last year. He wasn't very good last year.

Just now, neug3246 said:

So I assume I'm not alone but I can also see this not being a popular opinion, but I for one am glade that the Colts let Harrison walk. I never liked him and thought he was terrible every time he was in at Center or Guard for us. 

I liked him but he was expendable 

19 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

No offense bro. But how is everyone so dumb (including the media)? to think we WON free agency 2 years ago by signing Andre Johnson, Frank Gore, Trent Cole, and Todd Herremans????? I mean that's NOT winning FA. That's being stupid and signing a bunch of old, washed up players. That year.... Signing Pernell McPhee, Brian Orakpo, Jeremy Maclin, Rodney Hudson, and Ritchie Incognito would have been going all out. Actual good, young players who would have drastically improved our team.

Lmao. If I were you I certainly wouldn't be calling other people dumb, bro.

Stick to Madden.

2 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Lmao. If I were you I certainly wouldn't be calling other people, bro.

Excuse me for being myself on our forum. I'll try and be like you and a few others from now on....BRO.

PS. There's also a handful of posters who agree with my opinions about what we've done in FA the last 6 years.