Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Schwenke Signs

backshoulderfade

5 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Yeah, but so was Schwenke in Tenn by all accounts. So I guess someone else's junk is better than our own junk.

Tennessee has a much better starting line than we do.

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Bye bye Harrison or Blythe 

I still don't want to give up on Blythe though, we have seen far more of what Harrison can and cannot do. Did Blythe get enough chances on the field?

We all knew Blythe was more technician than strength when he was at Iowa and drafted in round 7. It has been just 1 year under the NFL strength regimen, he is built very much like Jeff Saturday and Saturday was an UDFA cut by the Ravens and caught on to the Colts and the rest is history. He is basically as good as an UDFA, IMO, and I do think we should give him 1 more year.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I still don't want to give up on Blythe though, we have seen far more of what Harrison can and cannot do. Did Blythe get enough chances on the field?

We all knew Blythe was more technician than strength when he was at Iowa and drafted in round 7. It has been just 1 year under the NFL strength regimen, he is built very much like Jeff Saturday and Saturday was an UDFA cut by the Ravens and caught on to the Colts and the rest is history. He is basically as good as an UDFA, IMO, and I do think we should give him 1 more year.

Cutting Blythe will come back to haunt us if it happens

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Do you always have to be negative?

No other way to be when you want a dominant team, and we aren't doing much to drastically improve it. We should be a top 3 team right now, and we could have went all in this offseason and landed a couple pro bowlere 

2 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Decent backup, but we should have signed Lang and let our own guys be backups.

Well Lang cost 11 million. So I'm kind of glad we passed on that. I wanted him badly too but I feel like obviously he has a plan. Or Ballard would not allow it to happen. He knows protecting Luck is the number one priority. 

17 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Cutting Blythe will come back to haunt us if it happens

Can't we store him on the practice squad?

Some good veteren competition for our young guys. I think they are pointing up but that doesn't mean we don't need depth. I liked Tim Lelito too who could play all 3 spots...I think a backup tackle and we are set for the year at OL (not counting what we do in the draft)

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Can't we store him on the practice squad?

Some good veteren competition for our young guys. I think they are pointing up but that doesn't mean we don't need depth. I liked Tim Lelito too who could play all 3 spots...I think a backup tackle and we are set for the year at OL (not counting what we do in the draft)

Yes but he would need to pass through waivers 

3 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

This is very interesting considering the type of players Ballard has brought in. A whole lot of nastiness and strength. 

Lets face it the culture is changing on this team every day

Yeah I get the feeling Ballard understands that he will not hit on all of these, but he will create competition and let the rest weed itself out. 

And we will have very little vested into these low risks. We could probably cut some of them in camp and still be happy with the moves we are making.