Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts host DE Margus Hunt and C Brian Schwenke (Merge)

3 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

So if they sign Schwenke to be the backup C, is that it for Blythe? Or perhaps Ballard really means it when he said he wanted competition at every position haha. Gotta fight for your job. 

Schwenke is more of a swing player to replace Harrison

He has started at LG, RG, and C at Cal and Tennessee 

Meh. 

Hunt is fine, can't imagine him making a big difference.

Schwenke is decent depth at interior OL, with experience at all three positions. We did not tender Harrison, so he's gone, and I don't think Blythe is going to stick because he can't play guard. 

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Schwenke is more of a swing player to replace Harrison

He has started at LG, RG, and C at Cal and Tennessee 

Yep like those guys that can play multiple positions to back us up. I like Tim Lelito of NO too. Can start if needed but play all the positions along the line. Not someone you necessarily want to be your day 1 starter but certainly doesn't scare you if you have to bring them in. Also these guys will push our young guys to earn their spots.

24 minutes ago, Superman said:

Meh. 

Hunt is fine, can't imagine him making a big difference.

Schwenke is decent depth at interior OL, with experience at all three positions. We did not tender Harrison, so he's gone, and I don't think Blythe is going to stick because he can't play guard. 

Schwenke is the swing man replacement for Reitz, it looks like, except I don't think the versatility extends beyond the guard and center position.

So, is Good our backup OT now officially? If something happens to Castanzo, Clark at LT and Good at RT. If something happens to Clark, Good at RT??

42 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Has any European player really been decent in the NFL as of yet? I honestly don`t know.

You americans really dont know so much about your own sport ;) 

Here are a loooong list of NFL players, from Europe, and kickers do make an impact on the sport.

Matter of fact, is that they decide most games in the NFL, when looking at one special position.

Are they football players, well they are actually more football players than the rest of the players in the league ;) 

Morten Andersen - DENMARK - HOF 2017 ( Most points by any player in the NFL all time ;) )

Sebastian Vollmer - New England Patriots - OT

Sebastian Janikowski - Oakland Raiders - Kicker

and Osi, but he was already mentioned ;) 

The vikings are coming, by the way, Indianapolis Colts will sign Andreas Knappe OT this year, and he's from Denmark ;) 

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Schwenke is the swing man replacement for Reitz, it looks like, except I don't think the versatility extends beyond the guard and center position.

So, is Good our backup OT now officially? If something happens to Castanzo, Clark at LT and Good at RT. If something happens to Clark, Good at RT??

Yeah, losing Reitz is a minor blow. He hadn't been playing well lately, got hurt all the time, but you could count on him to stand in at tackle if necessary. Now, it's all young guys guys. I want/wanted a veteran who could play tackle, but that hasn't happened yet. A draft pick might be on the way, also. But it appears we'll be sticking with the youth at OL again.

I'd be fine with that if I thought the offensive play calling would be better.