Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jaguars FA moves may mean drafting Fournette

Since the jaguars are in our divisions, I am sure like all of you everyone has been looking at their FA pickups. Almost all the mock drafts have them taking Jamal Adams out of LSU, and a couple have them taking Soloman Thomas from Stanford. After looking at their FA, they let Cyprien go, but picked up Church who is a better fit, and they are now set at the safety position after taking Ramsay last year. You don't use the fourth pick for depth, so then I thought CB, but they picked up Bouye, plus it is a very deep pool. Thomas does not make sense either since they picked up Calais Campbell for 14M/yr., although he is 30 yrs. old, so I guess you could make an argument. I have seen one mock draft lately which has them taking Fournette, and as much as they have stocked up on defense, and as much as Bortles has regressed, I am sure they just want to make sure he can manage the game. Plus Tom Coughlin as president will make a difference since he is not high on Bortles. It seems to make sense they may go with Fournette. Limit your mistakes, and hope that all the young talent and FA's become really good. Don't know if it will work, but it seems with their FA strategy they may head this way.

5 hours ago, loudnproudcolt said:

Since the jaguars are in our divisions, I am sure like all of you everyone has been looking at their FA pickups. Almost all the mock drafts have them taking Jamal Adams out of LSU, and a couple have them taking Soloman Thomas from Stanford. After looking at their FA, they let Cyprien go, but picked up Church who is a better fit, and they are now set at the safety position after taking Ramsay last year. You don't use the fourth pick for depth, so then I thought CB, but they picked up Bouye, plus it is a very deep pool. Thomas does not make sense either since they picked up Calais Campbell for 14M/yr., although he is 30 yrs. old, so I guess you could make an argument. I have seen one mock draft lately which has them taking Fournette, and as much as they have stocked up on defense, and as much as Bortles has regressed, I am sure they just want to make sure he can manage the game. Plus Tom Coughlin as president will make a difference since he is not high on Bortles. It seems to make sense they may go with Fournette. Limit your mistakes, and hope that all the young talent and FA's become really good. Don't know if it will work, but it seems with their FA strategy they may head this way.

They were also looking at Murray the RB in free agency 

I think it's Cook or Fournette. I don't know where the reports of them taking a pass rusher are coming from. Ngaukue played well and Fowler will only be in his 3rd year and he was coming off an ACL tear. A RB would take pressure off of Bortles and open things up for the receivers.

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm gonna be happy especially if it's a huge contract. Jags are gonna be in cap hell soon.

Cap hell or not, Jags haven't given us much to worry about except our head-to-head games being split the last 2 years. 

2011 and 2012, Texans won the division but the Colts seized it back. The same story is what I expect in the 2017 season after 2015 and 2016 division titles belonged to the Texans.

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm gonna be happy especially if it's a huge contract. Jags are gonna be in cap hell soon.

If they sign him to a fat contract I'd bet it was just to keep him out of Indy. They owe Malik Jackson 15mil this year, signed Calais Campbell to a 10 mil deal, and re signed Arby Jones to a 4 year deal. It would screw them I agree with you because that's wayyyy too many millions on your front 3 but it also screws us because Dontari could've changed our D if his health checked out. 

3 hours ago, Tmoney said:

If they sign him to a fat contract I'd bet it was just to keep him out of Indy. They owe Malik Jackson 15mil this year, signed Calais Campbell to a 10 mil deal, and re signed Arby Jones to a 4 year deal. It would screw them I agree with you because that's wayyyy too many millions on your front 3 but it also screws us because Dontari could've changed our D if his health checked out. 

I believe the Campbell deal is 15 Mil per.

My understanding is 4 years and 60 million.

Frankly,  as good as Campbell is,   I think it's the worst deal given out so far this year.    I don't think any other FA deal is so poorly done.

It's hard to see Campbell justifying such a huge deal....     good luck with that..... 

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Frankly,  as good as Campbell is,   I think it's the worst deal given out so far this year.    I don't think any other FA deal is so poorly done.

It's hard to see Campbell justifying such a huge deal....     good luck with that..... 

Just shows how desperate they are to stay relevant without winning. I wouldn't be surprised if Poe gets something close to that from the Jags.

12 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

Everyone said that the year before-.- 

I think they still finish last in the division and still in the top 10 come draft night

Bortells unexpectedly regressed last year. That happens with bad organizations. IFhe can revert. back to 2015 form to go along with all the talent they accumulated the last 2 seasons, Watch out!

With picks #4 & 35, even more impact and talent the will be adding.

And if Broncos & Texans *foot with the Cowboys, who knows , the Jags might snatch Romo up.

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Bortells unexpectedly regressed last year. That happens with bad organizations. IFhe can revert. back to 2015 form to go along with all the talent they accumulated the last 2 seasons, Watch out!

With picks #4 & 35, even more impact and talent the will be adding.

And if Broncos & Texans *foot with the Cowboys, who knows , the Jags might snatch Romo up.

Romo isn't the answer for any team, the Jags are the last team he'd go to anyways. I think it was more he unexpectedly had 1 decent year with a good receiving core. He struggles to read coverages has that ugly hitch in his throw that makes his release so slow. Until they replace him they won't finish better then 6-10 I'd bet money

2 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

Romo isn't the answer for any team, the Jags are the last team he'd go to anyways. I think it was more he unexpectedly had 1 decent year with a good receiving core. He struggles to read coverages has that ugly hitch in his throw that makes his release so slow. Until they replace him they won't finish better then 6-10 I'd bet money

Romo is a top QB, only below Rogers, the dink & dunk guy in N.E., Big Ben, Breese....etc...

His problem is durability for a full season.

Bortells is a question mark for sure, this is his make or break season.

As far as 6-10 or worse, I hope so. But it wouldn't surprise me if we're looking up at them at the end of season.

3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Romo is a top QB, only below Rogers, the dink & dunk guy in N.E., Big Ben, Breese....etc...

His problem is durability for a full season.

Bortells is a question mark for sure, this is his make or break season.

As far as 6-10 or worse, I hope so. But it wouldn't surprise me if we're looking up at them at the end of season.

Romo is not in the conversation with those QBs. 1 play off win. 

If this off season continues to go well we will sweep them and contend for the division

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Kalil and Okung deals are a lot worse.

6 hours ago, Tmoney said:

Romo is not in the conversation with those QBs. 1 play off win. 

If this off season continues to go well we will sweep them and contend for the division

If you read my post correctly you would have seen I said he was below those qb's. If you think our off season is going well(signing 2 average LB'ers). imagine what Jag fans think about their off season so far.

3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

If you read my post correctly you would have seen I said he was below those qb's. If you think our off season is going well(signing 2 average LB'ers). imagine what Jag fans think about their off season so far.

On 3/12/2017 at 8:25 AM, loudnproudcolt said:

We have only lightly blipped the FA market so far.
 Campbell & Bouye were the #2 and #3 rated FA at PFF for this  off season
 We have picked up #`s 58 & 65. Not that i`m not very glad to get them, i am,

Pretty sure Campbell is a 3-4 DE and S Thomas will be a rush LB.

8 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Were just getting started in FA, were still in the Poe race, and don't forget about the draft. Trust me they learned their lesson last year, they're all waiting for September to get any hopes up.

15 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I don't know why anybody is worried about Jax.  They have been accumulating talent for years yet have nothing to show for it.  Let me know when they start winning and I will start caring.

Because they have a lot of talent and now have a HC that's at least legitimate.  I wasnt overly concerned about the jags last yr,  but they could be respectable this year.

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

Because they have a lot of talent and now have a HC that's at least legitimate.  I wasnt overly concerned about the jags last yr,  but they could be respectable this year.

Yeah maybe, we'll see.  But that owner......everytime I see him I wanna take a pencil and roll that mustache.