Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DRAFT PICK trade rumors?

Too much talk about players, let's talk about some picks instead.

Being imaginative and high as I am...would any of you do this? Especially given that the Browns have a plethora of draft picks this year and next year.

Trade 15th overall pick to the browns for

2 second rounders

1 third rounder

1 fourth rounder

1 5th rounder

1 6th rounder

Essentially we are moving down from 15 to 32.

IMO with this deep draft class, if such an outlandish situation presents itself, we should. Having 3 second rounders this year would be huge in this year's deep draft.

3 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Being imaginative and high as I am...would any of you do this? Especially given that the Browns have a plethora of draft picks this year and next year.

2 second rounders

1 third rounder

1 fourth rounder

1 5th rounder

1 6th rounder

IMO with this deep draft class, if such an outlandish situation presents itself, we should. Having 3 second rounders this year would be huge in this year's deep draft.

Cleveland already has 8 picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds in the next two years...including two in the top 12 this year....any reason why they need another pick at 15?

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Cleveland already has 8 picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds in the next two years...including two in the top 12 this year....any reason why they need another pick at 15?

I heard they would probably keep Osweiller and draft two QBs as well. If that is true, then 1 of those QBs would be a 1st rounder, and if you wanted, you could either use another pick to take a 2nd first round QB to finally guarantee a starting QB on the Browns, or to grab a QB in the 1st, grab OJ Howard in the 1st at 12, and a defensive player at 15. With Jordan Cameron retiring, Ballard might be able to use that as leverage to get a trade out of them.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I heard they would probably keep Osweiller and draft two QBs as well. If that is true, then 1 of those QBs would be a 1st rounder, and if you wanted, you could either use another pick to take a 2nd first round QB to finally guarantee a starting QB on the Browns, or to grab a QB in the 1st, grab OJ Howard in the 1st at 12, and a defensive player at 15. With Jordan Cameron retiring, Ballard might be able to use that as leverage to get a trade out of them.

Sure...right after he convinces Seattle to trade us Richard Sherman for one of our 4ths...just needs to use a little leverage....do you guys think he has nude pictures of all these other GMs to use as leverage?

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I heard that the Browns goal is to acquire every pick in the draft.   They figure out of 250 odd players they'll get a couple that stick.  

Hey, that's as good a rumor as many of the others floating around.  

Just now, dgambill said:

Sure...right after he convinces Seattle to trade us Richard Sherman for one of our 4ths...just needs to use a little leverage....do you guys think he has nude pictures of all these other GMs to use as leverage?

I think I have leverage over the Browns. You are actually giving credit to the dumbest organization in sports today lol. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-browns-have-no-immediate-plans-to-cut-osweiler-could-take-two-qbs-in-draft/ They are obviously going to take a QB with one of their 1st round picks. Jordan Cameron retired, I shouldn't have to show you the link of his concussion retirement. OJ Howard can replace him, that's two picks in the 1st. This is a deep defensive draft, might as well trade up and get an elite defensive player. Better to get a 1st round starter than some role players (which the Browns would probably get). It would actually be quite easy. Quality over Quanity.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think I have leverage over the Browns. You are actually giving credit to the dumbest organization in sports today lol. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-browns-have-no-immediate-plans-to-cut-osweiler-could-take-two-qbs-in-draft/ They are obviously going to take a QB with one of their 1st round picks. Jordan Cameron retired, I shouldn't have to show you the link of his concussion retirement. OJ Howard can replace him, that's two picks in the 1st. This is a deep defensive draft, might as well trade up and get an elite defensive player. Better to get a 1st round starter than some role players (which the Browns would probably get). It would actually be quite easy. Quality over Quanity.

Jordan Cameron played for the Dolphins most recently...

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

Definitely too much Madden :P

Hey, to be fair, Madden has really clamped down on poor trading. It's very hard to do anything anymore. I had to sign free agents and trade them for picks, rinse and repeat, then trade the picks for higher picks for about an hour just to get an extra first rounder. Was very frustrating. Also cost me lots of guaranteed money to the FA's I signed lol.

6 hours ago, rock8591 said:

2 second rounders

1 third rounder

1 fourth rounder

1 5th rounder

1 6th rounder

In moving from 15 to 33 we'd be giving up 570 points.

We'd get back roughly 570 points with Cleveland's two 2's and their 4.  

So,  we would NOT be getting their 3, or their 5.    

We might get their last of their two 6th round picks,  but that's debatable.

This trade is not happening.......

Here is the trade draft pick value chart....

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=cle

jp.s. --- one more reason why Cleveland is not making this trade,  is that they have a very thin roster....   they need all those picks in a deep draft to get better.   Dating one really good player but losing out on 3 or 4 draft picks is the opposite of what this franchise needs to do at this point in their rebuild.   They are NOT one very good player away from being a serious contender in their own division.  They're about 10 very good players away.

If we're speculating on trades in this thread I will be shocked it Ballard is not trying to trade Dorsett.  I like the kid, but I just dont see a place for him in the offense.  At least Chud hasn't figured it out yet IMO

He is basically a TY.....  

That "trade" is unbelievably imbalanced and potentially Franchise-changing! Hell yeah, I make that trade now, especially with CB at the helm (known as an Excellent player evaluator).

Due to recent changes in players' stock, after the Indy combine, there are prospects that could "fall" to the 2nd round that are 1st Round talent. That idea alone could be enough to take this deal, but the HEAVY concentration of Top-tier talent on Offense & Defense in this class is a wonderful motivator for a GM to accept this deal. Let's be real here and call it like it is; this is not a trade... it's a STEAL.

Since one of the EDGE players, like Harris or Willis, could be available at 33, or in the later 2nd Round then I'd take this "Steal of a Deal" to select an EDGE and then draft a Corner and a DL, like Adams in the 2nd or go BPA. OF COURSE this is a "Madden" trade but these kinds of Drafts change Franchises, like the ones that Seattle had from 2010-2012 with their excellent draft picks after the 1st Round. With 3-2nd picks this year, a Team can add 3 key starters/ contributors and improve any side of the ball, especially the Defense! This "trade" sounds insane but really it's Video Game.