Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sidney Jones VS Marlon Humphrey

If not for Tabor, Humphrey would be the most overrated CB in this draft. He's an athlete for sure...but if you watch him, his footwork and technique are huge question marks.

Jones looks like he could be the real deal. I would love to trade back and get Jones.

2 hours ago, rockywoj said:

Question is, how far will Jones now fall?

If far enough, he could turn into a mid round steal for a team with patience.  4th round where Colts have three picks, I'd take a flyer and wait a year or two for him to recover fully.  

Definitely will depend on what the final word on the injury is. But if somehow he did slide to one of our 4ths it would definitely be worth the investment. Even if he was out for the season.

44 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

Humphrey has the edge at 15. Depending on Jones' injury status I'd love to maybe pick him up in the 2nd if he falls.

Can we afford to redshirt a player?  I know Dallas did it.  Remains to be seen if it works out for them with a can't miss prospect.  

8 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Can we afford to redshirt a player?  I know Dallas did it.  Remains to be seen if it works out for them with a can't miss prospect.  

I don't think a team on pretty much a full defensive rebuild can pass on a player like him if he falls, injury or not.

Short term pain for medium and long term gain.

Although this could just be a sprained knee and we're all worried for nothing haha

13 minutes ago, GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE said:

Do not draft Humphrey!!!!!!  He will be another tj green at cb... I've watched him for 2 yrs now... no way.. 

Based on your handle, you've watched as much Bama football as any of us.  With that pass rush, did he have to cover much?  They put so much pressure on the QBs that they're rarely throwing accurate passes.   Saban coaches them, so I'm sure he's well taught. 

I have a different issue issue with the Florida CBs.  The good teams ran all over them.  They didn't need to pass much.

All that said, they're all great athletes.   But maybe all a bit overrated?

5 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Based on your handle, you've watched as much Bama football as any of us.  With that pass rush, did he have to cover much?  They put so much pressure on the QBs that they're rarely throwing accurate passes.   Saban coaches them, so I'm sure he's well taught. 

I have a different issue issue with the Florida CBs.  The good teams ran all over them.  They didn't need to pass much.

All that said, they're all great athletes.   But maybe all a bit overrated?

You hit the nail on the head bro.... our pass rush was so dominant, it sort of made dB play (corner in particular) look way better than it was... Marlon is really fast that's it... mike wiiliams exposed him in the championship game