indyagent17

Mingo, Simon and Sheard on the field together

I think Mingo was signed as an upgrade on Chris Carter.  Special teams guy who can actually help out in coverage along with the possibility of being a better situational pass rusher than Chris Carter.  Much better measurables.  I could also see them using him as a Dime Linebacker.

Right now the OLB we have are:

Sheard

Simon

Ayers

Mingo

Maggitt

Edwards

Deiontrez Mount

I think there's still room to draft two pass rushers and dump Maggitt, Edwards and or Mount.  After the draft if we pick up two pass rushers the group would look like:

Sheard

Simon

Ayers

Mingo

Draft pick#1

Draft pick#2

If we can get two very solid picks out of the draft then I'd feel pretty solid about the whole group in terms of speed and versatility. 

On 3/11/2017 at 3:26 PM, LJpalmbeacher said:

Those 3 LB'ers plus Morrison/Draft pick will give us the Best linebacking core in football.

We should name them the 'Quads'.

I appreciate the enthusiasm though 100% thinking positive. I honestly think the best lb group in football is in Kansas City and don't we have the guy that helped put that team together? lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• But why trade away Brissett and then have no adequate back-up ? I think this season has proven that having a reliable back-up quarterback is a very good idea.                                                                                                                              In addition even Colin stated that Luck's surgery requires 9-12 months of recovery. Therefore why is it not possible that Andrew will be ready soon since he has now had 10 moths of recovery time? It seems to me that he should be ready very soon.                                                                                                                                                                              Colin stated that this is just his unsupported opinion. I personally think that he is wrong, and that the owners and management have not automatically given up on this season at this point in the season. But then again , that is just My opinion.
    • This is a very true statement, if the Cubs were out of it in August I wouldn't of been near as interested in it. Most Baseball fans are like that. These last 3 years have kept me on edge. I will still watch the WS because it's the WS though, I always have watched the Playoffs even when the Cubs stunk.
    • IMO Ballard it not going to sign a bunch of free agents. He is building through the draft so even bringing up a lot of these high priced free agents is something the Colts are not interested in.
    • Nats seem jinxed. They arguably have the most talented team in Baseball. Maybe with a different manager they will go deep in the Playoffs.
  • Members

• hoosierhawk

hoosierhawk 59

• shaggy1048

shaggy1048 2

• 100GFB

100GFB 732

• 2006Coltsbestever

2006Coltsbestever 11,138

• Lef

Lef 142

• DougDew