Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Walden says goodbye [Merge]

IndyD4U

Earlier he tweeted "they rather have puppies than dogs." This can be interpreted as a negative tweet, but I think the intent was that they are letting the older players go for younger players. I don't think it's negative, or two faced.

30 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

That 3 part tweet was definitely better than his first tweet that was filled with obvious bitterness and he deleted it 

WOW social media sure has changed the game. One moment of anger can last forever and the results are not good

• 21isSuperman changed the title to Walden says goodbye [Merge]
12 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

Headbutting helmetless players isn't "championship level nastiness", it's bush league. 

That is just what I was thinking about too, and Delanie Walker is a good guy. IMO Walden should have been suspended for the entire season for what he did.

Walden did bring something that we did not have in our 3-4 scheme; he could set the Edge. His final year, he started getting after the quarterback more. 

He was a decent player for us, but it is time to move on.

He can call them puppies all he wants to, but those puppies will be doing the work he wishes he was doing. 

We paid him every penny of the contract he signed. Nobody owes anything more. 

3 hours ago, IndyD4U said:

I liked Walden, he was one of the gems for sure during the Girgson era.  Good player and he will find success most likely wherever he goes.  I'm not really looking forward at the possibility of him chasing Luck around haha .

He will go into the Mike Adams category for me as opposed to a guy like Landry. You have to appreciate a player who doesn't miss games and brings it each game even if they aren't great players. 

He earned his pay in Indy. Good luck to him.

I remember when Walden was signed by Grigson a few years back. Everybody gave him so much flak for overpaying a guy (I think we signed him for what 4-5 million a year?) that only had one good game (and that against the colts too!). 

At that time, there was definitely merit to those statements but Walden definitely changed everyone's mind as he kept playing in our system. He definitely developed into one of the better players on our defense and most importantly, one of the most consistent. Every team needs players like Walden because although they aren't pro-bowlers or going to give you 10 sacks a year (though he got lucky this year and did), they are solid football players that hold their own. 

2 hours ago, masnerj said:

I remember when Walden was signed by Grigson a few years back. Everybody gave him so much flak for overpaying a guy (I think we signed him for what 4-5 million a year?) that only had one good game (and that against the colts too!). 

At that time, there was definitely merit to those statements but Walden definitely changed everyone's mind as he kept playing in our system. He definitely developed into one of the better players on our defense and most importantly, one of the most consistent. Every team needs players like Walden because although they aren't pro-bowlers or going to give you 10 sacks a year (though he got lucky this year and did), they are solid football players that hold their own. 

He had an atrocious ranking against the run last season. He was a one trick pony. Ballard sees that , now he's gone. Saying he was one of our better players isn't saying much on that sorry excuse of a defense. 

28 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

It's funny how people are thinking he was good because he had one decent sack year. 

Yep. Wasn't even good last year. Same exact inneffectivness as a pass rusher, but the few pressures he did get ended up turning into into sacks. 

7 hours ago, grmasterb said:

Hopefully that means fewer personal fouls on defense.

This^ My only knock on the man really. They were usually at inopurtune times it seemed. With that being said, I'm appreciative of EW's efforts while wearing the Shoe. Thank you sir, can't hate on a player that seems to be improving, his age nonwithstanding. 

7 hours ago, Flash7 said:

Earlier he tweeted "they rather have puppies than dogs." This can be interpreted as a negative tweet, but I think the intent was that they are letting the older players go for younger players. I don't think it's negative, or two faced.

This^ Not everything's an affront. 

3 hours ago, masnerj said:

Well said

On 3/11/2017 at 0:32 PM, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

I'll miss him. One of the few people on this team that brought championship level nastiness. 

Gabriel is spot on.  This guy became arguably the best player on the defense.

Those that are calling him trash must have been watching Nickelodeon and definitely not the NFL.  He played hard on every down.

Early on he was weak.  He was over-running plays and such.  I really enjoyed coming around party. :)  Good luck 93.  Don't hurt Andrew when we play you.