Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dontari Poe scheduled to visit

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

because he plays air guitar or does the shark? who cares. its a game

No. And you know that's not it. Watch again. 

Watch how he interacts with his teammates (he is borderline ignoring Andrew in some situations), and just his body language in general. Should tell you everything. And really, that's merely part of the reason to find an upgrade as explained in previous post. 

1 minute ago, James said:

No. And you know that's not it. Watch again. 

Watch how he interacts with his teammates (he is borderline ignoring Andrew in some situations), and just his body language in general. Should tell you everything. And really, that's just a small part of it as explained in previous post. 

as long as he stays out of trouble and makes plays, what else matters? 

6 minutes ago, ar1888 said:

Sounds like he is visiting the Raiders next. I think its time to move on to whatever plan B is. 

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/03/15/nt-dontari-poe-concludes-marathon-visit-with-miami-dolphins-without-a-deal/

Bad news for us. Raiders can afford him and their a team on the rise. They do have to resign Carr and mack next season though

6 minutes ago, ar1888 said:

Sounds like he is visiting the Raiders next. I think its time to move on to whatever plan B is. 

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/03/15/nt-dontari-poe-concludes-marathon-visit-with-miami-dolphins-without-a-deal/

It says his next stop is "expected" to be the Raiders.  I haven't seen any confirmation on a visit.

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Bad news for us. Raiders can afford him and their a team on the rise. They do have to resign Carr and mack next season though

I think all the teams he visited could afford him or they would not have brought him in.  So far no one has met his demands which appear to be out of line with his perceived value by all of the teams he visited.  Someone needs to do some soul searching.

13 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

http://nfltraderumors.co/dontari-poes-visit-dolphins-concludes-deal/

"

• Jason La Canfora reports that this was Poe’s last scheduled visit and he now plans to fly back home and sort through his options."

Good news. So we probably have a 1 in 4 chance of getting him? 25% is better than him leaving and not signing originally. Lets hope his former relationship with Ballard sways him our way to join the Colts.

20 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Good news. So we probably have a 1 in 4 chance of getting him? 25% is better than him leaving and not signing originally. Lets hope his former relationship with Ballard sways him our way to join the Colts.

He has current and former Colts players I think I read texting and tweeting him to sign with us. Of course, though, all of these teams are probably doing this. Just hope it's enough for us to get him. 

6 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

He has current and former Colts players I think I read texting and tweeting him to sign with us. Of course, though, all of these teams are probably doing this. Just hope it's enough for us to get him. 

he probably has turned that phone off by now lol

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dontari-poe-good-fit-indianapolis-210028432.html

"For the first time in his career he did not register a sack and finished with just 38 total tackles. The least amount since his rookie season. Since his back surgery in 2015, Poe has registered just 2.5 sacks."

I was aware of the back issues and the fact that his year wasn't that great but I did not realize how bad it was. Makes me second guess the desire for Poe. 

29 minutes ago, Detectacon said:

"For the first time in his career he did not register a sack and finished with just 38 total tackles. The least amount since his rookie season. Since his back surgery in 2015, Poe has registered just 2.5 sacks."

I was aware of the back issues and the fact that his year wasn't that great but I did not realize how bad it was. Makes me second guess the desire for Poe. 

His job isn't to get sacks. He'd be an amazing addition to the defense, don't overthink it. 

29 minutes ago, Detectacon said:

My feeling is if we get him, fine, if not, fine.  Offenses just run side to side plays to wear those big guys out anyway. 

If the money is equal, and his next priority is a ring then Atlanta has to be the favorite.  If he's looking for a place to live where a young rich guy can have a lot of fun, Miami and then Atlanta have to be the favorites.

But the money is probably not equal.

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

basically an early fourth at best and thats if we dont sign a number of free agents 

As opposed to . . . Nothing!  There is no downside to signing someone that can help - even for a year - outside of cap space which isn't an issue. Not being able to sign all your free agents is a GOOD thing.  And why would we sign a bunch of other free agents if we can't afford to re-sign him?

3 minutes ago, Shive said:

On a real note, I'm not mad we missed on him for that deal. We're not going to the Super Bowl this year, so a 1 year deal with Poe doesn't make sense for us.

Exactly. Now he can prove himself one more year and we can reevaluate the situation.
 He can play for a real contender! lol

1 hour ago, Derakynn said:

inb4 "WHY WOULDN'T BALLARD PAY 8M FOR HIM?!?@221/?"

Reportedly, the ATL deal is worth up to $10 million - $8m plus $2m in performance based incentives.  That was on the upper region of his value.  

Only thing we can hope for now is that he just sucks so bad for ATL that his 1year contract demands blow up in his face or that he gets injured.  Nothing serious, but just like a nagging ankle that keeps him at 85%.  lol