Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dontari Poe scheduled to visit

5 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

He may be getting a little hot under the collar now.

What makes you say that? I'm assuming the lack of him signing somewhere? It would appear most teams want him long term. Don't think that's what he's after. May get him after all

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, adubb84 said:

What makes you say that? I'm assuming the lack of him signing somewhere? It would appear most teams want him long term. Don't think that's what he's after. May get him after all

Yes sir.  He's roaming from town to town, basically begging - and getting no traction (so it seems).  It has to be frustrating.  He wants teams to pay him millions for one year and then leave that team in the lurch while he does the same thing before the next season.  I may be reading it wrong.

2 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Yes sir.  He's roaming from town to town, basically begging - and getting no traction (so it seems).  It has to be frustrating.  He wants teams to pay him millions for one year and then leave that team in the lurch while he does the same thing before the next season.  I may be reading it wrong.

I think you're reading it right. Food for thought; with Ballard knowing the most about him and leaving Indy without a deal it could have orher suitors scared to make a high dollar one year deal. 

12 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I think only the raiders are our real competition if he does go visit them

I don't think he's gonna find a team willing to give him a big 1 year contract , kind of hope we don't, two years minimum. Come on Ballard, get Poe back here

5 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

The guy is literally just waiting for the highest offer. Alls they care about is money.

Or he could just be pondering the place where he'd have the most individual success so he can cash in after the 1 year is expired. Two ways of looking at it.

If I were him I'd go to whoever already has the best linebackers/dlineman to make him look better and thus translate to mo money in the future. Who cares if a team offers a million or two less for a 1 year contract when you could potentially earn waaay more by going to the best team 

i concur

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I don't think he's gonna find a team willing to give him a big 1 year contract , kind of hope we don't, two years minimum. Come on Ballard, get Poe back here

I think it's just a matter of time. None of the teams he's visiting are good fits cap or talent wise in terms of player personal

1 hour ago, SP_21 said:

Who are some DL we could grab in the draft if we don't get Poe?

I like Brantley, Jarron Jones, and Johnson but I'm not sure any of those guys would be good DTs besides Jones.  

I think we need to go after Hankins if we miss on Poe. We have too many young guys on the line and I would be more comfortable with a proven guy in the starting lineup.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

They can cut one guy and be fine.

more like a couple of guys and youre forgetting they need to fill out their roster and no team is gonna pay an extra 13 mil to a position their already paying 19 mil

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

more like a couple of guys and youre forgetting they need to fill out their roster and not team is gonna pay an extra 13 mil to a position their already paying 19 mil

They are bringing him in so they are obviously thinking about it. And if the Dolphins are actually high on his list as the tweet said he could sign a "friendly" offer for around 10 million especially with no state income tax in Florida.

Take off 1-2 high salaries, fill the roster with draft picks and UDFAs and they could easily afford him. Not saying it is the right decision, but it is a decision they are clearly entertaining.

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

They are bringing him in so they are obviously thinking about it. And if the Dolphins are actually high on his list as the tweet said he could sign for 10 million especially with no state income tax.

Take off 1-2 high salaries, fill the roster with draft picks and UDFAs and they could easily afford him. Not saying it is the right decision, but it is a decision they are clearly entertaining.

their roster then would be horrible to pay for one person. I really cant see the dolphins or any teams for that matter being that stupid

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

their roster then would be horrible to pay for one person. I really cant see the dolphins or any teams for that matter being that stupid

It'd be a risk for sure; but with a roster who just went 10-6 and didn't lose much, with a solid draft it could work out fine.

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

It'd be a risk for sure; but with a roster who just went 10-6 and didn't lose much, with a solid draft it could work out fine.

thats a huge risk not to mention they still have to resign landry next year

Just now, CR91 said:

thats a huge risk not to mention they still have to resign landry next year

That's why a one year deal would not really matter when they can cut more salaries in the next offseason or even get someone like Suh or someone else to restructure to get a better team around them. Or maybe they want to put everything on the table this year and let him go elsewhere next year if it doesn't work out.

It wouldn't even affect a Landry extension this coming season. I'm not saying the Dolphins sign him but it is very possible. As with many other teams that may want him.

Heck the Chiefs just signed Bennie Logan to a big one year deal with no cap space. They have to be over the salary cap. I don't know what they are going to do but they took the risk.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

That's why a one year deal would not really matter when they can cut more salaries in the next offseason or even get someone like Suh or someone else to restructure to get a better team around them. Or maybe they want to put everything on the table this year and let him go elsewhere next year if it doesn't work out.

It wouldn't even affect a Landry extension this coming season. I'm not saying the Dolphins sign him but it is very possible. As with many other teams that may want him.

Heck the Chiefs just signed Bennie Logan to a big one year deal with no cap space. They have to be over the salary cap. I don't know what they are going to do but they took the risk.

I really dont see why they would want to invest 30+ mil in one position and suh doesnt seem like the type to restructure his deal

I can't even comprehend that teams might be low balling him and he's having to search for the right deal. I believe he's making the rounds, hearing all these teams offers and weighing the money part and making the best decision for his family.

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

I think only the raiders are our real competition if he does go visit them

Indiana state income tax rates are So Much Lower than California that if money is the big Issue, Raiders have to come up with millions more just to even out what the player puts in the bank with a smaller total outlay form the Colts.

We'll know more about Poe's demands in part much/how many years.  The impoortaon by who signs him and for how

On March 10, 2017 at 10:08 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's missed 2 games in his 5 year career. He's still young and is a big body that has to be accounted for in the middle which will help the linebackers out. Not sure what there isn't too like? He has back issues, I get it but he didn't miss a game last season. The guy is a 350 pounder that can wreak havoc at NT.

Durability on Defense as a big man would be nice. 

On March 10, 2017 at 10:41 PM, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

I told my buddy earlier I doubt he gets out of the building with the Jags looking at him. 

Until the Jags replace Blake Bortles or fix him. A boat load of money on defense won't matter. I am worried though that Tom Coughlin in VP of Football Operations in Jacksonville though. Crap.

On March 12, 2017 at 10:36 AM, That Guy said:

Have we kidnapped this guy yet?

So, I take it that Poe is something you want eh? Yeah I know, SW1 is perceptive & clairvoyant. LOL! 

On March 12, 2017 at 10:37 AM, stitches said:

Yes. They are waiting for the Stockholm syndrome to kick in.

haha Just the mention of that hostage persuasion term cracked me up stitches. SS implies that you twist someone's arm to curry favor & do your bidding via wearing them down to your POV. I think Poe knows how talented the Colts are & that we aren't that far away from destiny.