Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I mean we have a ton of draft picks and we could always make a trade (before the draft or during) I was hoping we could keep Butler and grab a CB before the draft. This draft appears to be deep at the CB and RB position and we need both.. I'm thinking as of right now CB might be our first look.. I think we can find a solid RB in RD's 3-4.

2 hours ago, Rick_Grimes said:

I mean we have a ton of draft picks and we could always make a trade (before the draft or during) I was hoping we could keep Butler and grab a CB before the draft. This draft appears to be deep at the CB and RB position and we need both.. I'm thinking as of right now CB might be our first look.. I think we can find a solid RB in RD's 3-4.

That's what I was hoping for too. Butler is replaceable. Might not be that easy, but I think we will be able to find a good replacement. I fully expect us to draft a corner with our first or second pick. And RB in the third or fourth like you said.

12 hours ago, DougDew said:

Actually, we need to think about having somebody capable of replacing Davis as #1 CB after this season.

This is what I am thinking too. I could see a free agent CB like Webster from Denver. He's looking for a chance to start and Ballard has seen him 2 times a year. 

Then in the draft we will take one the first 2 days. I could potentially see one later too. We have the 3 4th round picks it would not be shocking if a CB is the BPA day 3 along the way. The position is deep in this draft. 

This draft looks good on the defensive side of the ball minus ILB. That group is thin 

10 minutes ago, akcolt said:

This is what I am thinking too. I could see a free agent CB like Webster from Denver. He's looking for a chance to start and Ballard has seen him 2 times a year. 

Then in the draft we will take one the first 2 days. I could potentially see one later too. We have the 3 4th round picks it would not be shocking if a CB is the BPA day 3 along the way. The position is deep in this draft. 

This draft looks good on the defensive side of the ball minus ILB. That group is thin 

A true #1 CB needs to be taken at 15, IMO.  If there is one worth the 15th pick, and there are in this draft its just a matter if he's still there, then I'd take him.  he can start at #2 as a rookie then take over for Vontae next year, and let Vontae be #2.  Vontae may even sign a new contract then.

Pass rushers get gassed and need to rotate anyway.  A true #1 CB is on the field every play.

19 minutes ago, akcolt said:

What about a 2nd for Trumaine Johnson?

Its clear what we need to do at this junction: Draft a stud CB #1 type guy first round if one of the top guys is there at 15. If not, then go pass-rusher or ILB if its Foster. 

Having a #1 CB on both sides of the field will do WONDERS for our defense. Especially with Romo coming to Houston soon (expecting it to happen). Go CB, Pass-rusher, Pass-rusher/RB in the first three rounds preferably in that order. 

The only issue with above is that we need that coverage ILB bad... Hopefully Cunningham drops to third? He is a bit raw but would be a good pick at three cause he certainly has flashed 1st round talent.