Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did anybody see D. Allen's dig on the Colts.....

coltsfansince65

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

First....     Swoope and Allen DON'T play the same position.      Not even close.     So, I don't know why you're comparing the two.     But you don't like Allen, so it's obvious why you're comparing the two.

Second....     Bill Belichick thinks more of Allen than you and others here.      Call me funny,   but I think I'll trust his judgement of Allen more than I trust the fan base here.

However semantics goes it, a team's starting TE having only ~110 more catching yards a season compared to the 3rd stringer who is a converted basketball player is horrible by all means.

Imagine Gronkowski only catching 100-200 more yards a year than Michael Hoomanuwanui.

With that being said, I love DA as an individual, same with Josh McNary, Pat Angerer, and Zach Kerr; they just aren't performing and were getting beat out by folks much less heralded.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No where in that quote did he mention the Colts or slam them. It's usual optimistic talk of any player going to a new team.

But since he plays for the Patriots, I'm sure it's really all a slam on the Colts and one has to read between the lines to see the conspiracy at hand. Name it and claim it. 

56 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

However semantics goes it, a team's starting TE having only ~110 more catching yards a season compared to the 3rd stringer who is a converted basketball player is horrible by all means.

Imagine Gronkowski only catching 100-200 more yards a year than Michael Hoomanuwanui.

With that being said, I love DA as an individual, same with Josh McNary, Pat Angerer, and Zach Kerr; they just aren't performing and were getting beat out by folks much less heralded.

No,  it's not.     And it explains just how much you don't know about football.

But,  you're entitled to your opinion,  no matter how ill-informed it is.

Good luck.

16 hours ago, MFT5 said:

I side w Allen slightly, our offense looks primitive at points ... Andrew Luck runs a 4.6 40, 'supposedly' one of the most cerebral to play the position & still hasn't been given the reigns. If we don't incorporate some quick hitting patterns & just show ability to stress a defense horizontally as well as vertically (less of this wrks for me) Idk what to think anymore.

long story short ... ughhhh Chud get it together 

I guess having one of the top offenses in the league just goes unnoticed by you?

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I guess having one of the top offenses in the league just goes unnoticed by you?

I know we had one of the top passing Offenses in the league and Allen still stunk. He had 1 great game that was at NY and the Jets laid over in that game. Regarding the main topic, I don't have any problem what he said but I just don't think he is that good of a player. Doyle is better.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

you're one that looks at numbers & doesn't watch how we get put en a box by good teams ... I notice your low standards 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

My low standards? You know exactly zero about me.

this is my problem w ppl that have strong opinions but can't evenkeep in context the guidelines we're referring ...clearly i mean your standards as a fan 

5 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

this is my problem w ppl that have strong opinions but can't evenkeep in context the guidelines we're referring ...clearly i mean your standards as a fan 

Standards as a fan? I have been a Colt fan since 1973. I have more than likely been through a lot more with this team than you can imagine.

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Standards as a fan? I have been a Colt fan since 1973. I have more than likely been through a lot more with this team than you can imagine.

ok lol I never challenged your allegiance, the Browns have fans too

... yu think our offense is acceptable when it's clearly flawed schematically ... we barely score on the Patriots & Steelers while teams like the Jags & Texans dictate to us 

6 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

ok lol I never challenged your allegiance, the Browns have fans too

... yu think our offense is acceptable when it's clearly flawed schematically ... we barely score on the Patriots & Steelers while teams like the Jags & Texans dictate to us 

As far as the patriots and the Steelers are concerned those teams do that on a regular basis.

As far as the Jags and Texans they are better teams than in the past and know the Colts well because of division.

Scoring is not the main problem with this team. Slow starts? Yes, but this offense has to deal with this teams defense.

Drops the mic.   :hat:   :D

7 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Wait, your blaming your TE because your O coordinator was so dumb he had him Blocking one of the best pass rushers in the NFL!? That's on your O coordinator.

as for the dropped pass on 4th and 1 against the Jags.. ok you needed a 4th and 1 catch beat the JAGS!!!  Mind you drops will get him less looks here but blaming him for a loss that should have been easy is just silly!

He isn't very good, thanks for taking him off our hands. You will see what I am talking about by week 4 or 5. I like Doyle better so I would rather have the Draft pick the Pats gave us.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

As far as the patriots and the Steelers are concerned those teams do that on a regular basis.

As far as the Jags and Texans they are better teams than in the past and know the Colts well because of division.

Scoring is not the main problem with this team. Slow starts? Yes, but this offense has to deal with this teams defense.

Drops the mic.   :hat:   :D

so when this team goes 3&out on multiple drives en a row who's that on ... our defense needs major improvement but as the supposed 'strength' of the team how about sustaining a drive or two to help the weakest link ... I can tell by how you're ok w certain circumstances, mediocre sits well w yu.

none of which we've been subjected to for the last 4/5 years is that of a winning culture. Hence why these decisions Chris Ballard have been making are so predictable. 

4 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

so when this team goes 3&out on multiple drives en a row who's that on ... our defense needs major improvement but as the supposed 'strength' of the team how about sustaining a drive or two to help the weakest link ... I can tell by how you're ok w certain circumstances, mediocre sits well w yu.

none of which we've been subjected to for the last 4/5 years is that of a winning culture. Hence why these decisions Chris Ballard have been making are so predictable. 

If all you want is to insult me about what I am OK with find someone else to insult. Have a beautiful day.

Also @jimjaime, I agree the Jags should be an easy win but so should the Dolphins for you guys and the Dolphins beat you twice late in the season that cost you HFA. It's called a Divisional opponent playing you tough because they are in your Division. The Pats had no business losing to the Dolphins in 2015 and it cost them the SB IMO because it gave Denver HFA, it happened in 2013 as well. Dolphins weren't any good in 2013 or 2015.

48 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If all you want is to insult me about what I am OK with find someone else to insult. Have a beautiful day.

yu never adequately supported you're argument ... the one yu brought to me & proceeded to whine. Dnt bring up football en a football forum ill equipped 

17 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

yu never adequately supported you're argument ... the one yu brought to me & proceeded to whine. Dnt bring up football en a football forum ill equipped 

I don't feel the need to explain anything thing to you. You start off by telling me what I feel and that makes you null and void.

14 hours ago, MFT5 said:

Please take a "Professional Writing" course.  You can't just omit vowels, or replace vowels with other vowels.

The human brain can translate what you've typed and understand it, but you look silly when you type like this.  You're not texting a middle-schooler, you're communicating with other adults.

7 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Please take a "Professional Writing" course.  You can't just omit vowels, or replace vowels with other vowels.

The human brain can translate what you've typed and understand it, but you look silly when you type like this.  You're not texting a middle-schooler, you're communicating with other adults.

your response was that of an adolescent given your admission of comprehension, it wasn't necessary.

The only ppl governing grammar are ones that dnt bring anything substantial to the table. I see you're veiled attempt to belittle & recognize yu seek acknowledgment ...

you're welcome ... this is a forum not a university 

5 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

your response was that of an adolescent given your admission of comprehension, it wasn't necessary.

The only ppl governing grammar are ones that dnt bring anything substantial to the table. I see you're veiled attempt to belittle & recognize yu seek acknowledgment ...

you're welcome ... this is a forum not a university 

Your posts ARE necessary, I take it?

Ok, just, for the sake of everyone that decides to read your posts, please take my advice.

On 3/10/2017 at 8:11 PM, cbear said:

Confined to a box?  Not sure what that means.  You can argue how well he did  but he blocked and was used as a receiver in our scheme.  

Im more concerned the the confined to a box term. How can you be confined in the box on a team when you are injured most of your career?

• 2 months later...
On March 12, 2017 at 5:18 PM, JimJaime said:

As someone else mentioned he praised the colts and thanked them for the opportunity. I think the OP quote was taken out of context and was just him being excited to be on a perennial SB Contender.  

Just make sure that when you face Denver, Aqib Talib doesn't poke Allen in the eye again Jim.