Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did anybody see D. Allen's dig on the Colts.....

coltsfansince65

Allen's full quote read,  “I want to win and I understand that the more skills I can provide the offense, then hopefully the more mismatches that can be created for myself and other players. That’s what I’m about. I’m excited to be utilized as a football player again and not be confined to any box, but just to be a football player, a tight end.”

Yeah, you mean like the mismatch of you against Clowney? Can't wait till Brady starts stamping his feet when stone hands drops a few TD passes.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care if he is on the Pats now, he wont be a factor at all on that team. They have so many receivers and Gronk, Allen will be an after thought on this team. His putrid block on Clowney was the one single HUGE play that cost us the game here IMO. His drop vs Jacks on 4th and 1 was what cost that game too. If he catches that more than likely we go down and win the game. He cant stay healthy either, Doyle is clearly the better TE.

If you (D Allen) were performing at an acceptable level, you wouldn't have been shipped out.  You're stone hands speak for themselves, you should have work harder to catch the damn ball and not bad mouth the team that gave you an opportunity to have a career.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't care if he is on the Pats now, he wont be a factor at all on that team. They have so many receivers and Gronk, Allen will be an after thought on this team. His putrid block on Clowney was the one single HUGE play that cost us the game here IMO. His drop vs Jacks on 4th and 1 was what cost that game too. If he catches that more than likely we go down and win the game. He cant stay healthy either, Doyle is clearly the better TE.

You're absolutely right.  He was a huge disappointment this past season.  Doyle definitely earned the starting gig

31 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Allen's full quote read,  “I want to win and I understand that the more skills I can provide the offense, then hopefully the more mismatches that can be created for myself and other players. That’s what I’m about. I’m excited to be utilized as a football player again and not be confined to any box, but just to be a football player, a tight end.”

Yeah, you mean like the mismatch of you against Clowney? Can't wait till Brady starts stamping his feet when stone hands drops a few TD passes.

I think you are looking too deep.   Allen has talent.   He will be very good in NE IF he can stay healthy

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He had three plays this year that LOST us games... the clownely block, the vin Miller whiff and the block hands drop on fourth and one..   he's a good dude and I was actually for resigning him.  I wouldn't call it a dig but if there are other players or performing you in catching them you're going to have to block.. 

Just now, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

He had three plays this year that LOST us games... the clownely block, the vin Miller whiff and the block hands drop on fourth and one..   he's a good dude and I was actually for resigning him.  I wouldn't call it a dig but if there are other players or performing you in catching them you're going to have to block.. 

Oh I think he is a good dude off the field, he just had trouble staying healthy. It also seemed like when we lost some of these close games it was his blunders that caused it.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah when he wasn't a blocker he dropped a 4th and 1 pass that cost us a game against the stinky Jags. He had his chance to be hero there and blew it.

Agreed. But every player has those kind of plays. I think this quote is being blown out of proportion. 

I have a feeling he's going to be blocking quite a bit in NE though haha 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh I think he is a good dude off the field, he just had trouble staying healthy. It also seemed like when we lost some of these close games it was his blunders that caused it.

Agreed, I heard some things this week on the local radio that he wasn't very well liked in the locker room.  Partially because he always seemed to lay the blame elsewhere and not take responsibility. 

Just now, SP_21 said:

Agreed. But every player has those kind of plays. I think this quote is being blown out of proportion. 

I have a feeling he's going to be blocking quite a bit in NE though haha 

Yeah I really dont have a problem with what he said, I just think Doyle is better and it was a good move to trade him for a 4th. If we didnt have Doyle I wouldve been against trading him obviously.

On 3/10/2017 at 11:32 PM, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

What did Werner say?  I don't remember him saying anything.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/5/20/11723626/bjoern-werner-says-colts-system-was-not-a-good-fit-for-him

"That’s what I had done my whole career, basically," Werner said on moving back to defensive end with the Jaguars, according to Jaguars.com. "Now, I can focus on pass rush. That’s what you get judged in the league – production. That was a big part of why I was released with the Colts.

"[As a linebacker] In a 3-4 system, you have to focus more on setting the edge, dropping, pass combos," Werner explained. "You lose sight of the pass rush, but because it’s the NFL they want to see numbers. I’m the type of guy who needs to train and work on fundamentals in the pass-rush part of the game to produce on the field. The last three practices [with the Jaguars] remind me of my time at Florida State where it’s all about, “Put your hand down and work on your craft as a pass rusher.” I’m excited. It’s a lot of fun. Even though it’s just a couple of days I feel so refreshed and excited to work on that."

45 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

From Grigson/Chuck to Belichick.  Can't lie, I'd be excited too.

That said, I have a good feeling about Ballard.  

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah when he wasn't a blocker he dropped a 4th and 1 pass that cost us a game against the stinky Jags. He had his chance to be hero there and blew it.

Most players would have dropped that pass,  let's be honest.   The play call was the problem there.   

8 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Honestly he is right in a way. He had less than 40 targets two years ago. And last year, he didn't even have the most targets at TE. He shouldn't have went out like that though. 

He isn't durable,  That's why he is no longer here

Just now, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

In retrospect that was a truly god awful pass. So much room to float him into space... but no 

Luck was under pressure,  forced the ball.   They should have run it.   But the past is just that.    Allen will be great in New England if he stays healthy

13 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Honestly he is right in a way. He had less than 40 targets two years ago. And last year, he didn't even have the most targets at TE. He shouldn't have went out like that though. 

I won't blame him for two years ago because the line was awful and we needed him to make sure Luck didn't get injured which he invitabley side... last year though is on him... he wasn't reliable enough for Luck to target him when he was open.

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Luck was under pressure,  forced the ball.   They should have run it.   But the past is just that.    Allen will be great in New England if he stays healthy

I agree. I personally don't see him having any drop problems. Weather it be him being more focussed naturally or a product of NE's "training".. I think he'll be a stud 

58 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is just mad cause we kept the better player and didn't go for another year of terrible play on his part.

3 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

I won't blame him for two years ago because the line was awful and we needed him to make sure Luck didn't get injured which he invitabley side... last year though is on him... he wasn't reliable enough for Luck to target him when he was open.

Yeah last year was definitely a bad year for him. Glad we got a 4th round pick. But could see why he feels like he wasn't used correct. Chud hasn't used him like HE wants to be used. I think Doyle fits this offense perfectly. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Honestly probably NO other tight end in the league would have been matched up against Clooney with the game on the line. They must have really trusted Allen to block one of the best pass rushers in the league. That one was on coaching. But his drop was inexcusable against Jacksonville.