Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Winners and Losers for the 2017 free agency discussion!

IcEWoLF

Let's discuss this...these are just few...

I think the winners are:

Jaguars, for picking up a very good corner back and adding Calais Campbell, their defense is gonna be stacked going in the draft. All they really need is a better QB, and people are saying they may end up bringing Romo.

I also think the Browns are winners, 11 picks in the first two rounds in 2017/2018, they might become a relevant franchise by 2019, they will need a franchise QB, maybe Jimmy Garappolo? 

Losers:

Redskins, they are bringing back Cousins, but he ain't go no weapons on offense, what is Cousins going to do with no receivers? 

Houston, they lost their best corner, sure they free up some room dumping Brock however they lose that 2nd round pick next year, they still need to fill that QB position and more weapons on offense.

Jacksonville has some long green invested on the defensive side of the ball, for sure/

Eventually, they have to start moving up in the standings....

Browns lost Pryor and I dont know why.....what will they do at QB?

I thought the Bears finally turned the page from Jay and Alshon Jeffrey...

Glennon can play and they added some secondary depth....plus they still have the No. 3 pick

15 hours ago, IcEWoLF said:

Let's discuss this...these are just few...

I think the winners are:

Jaguars, for picking up a very good corner back and adding Calais Campbell, their defense is gonna be stacked going in the draft. All they really need is a better QB, and people are saying they may end up bringing Romo.

I also think the Browns are winners, 11 picks in the first two rounds in 2017/2018, they might become a relevant franchise by 2019, they will need a franchise QB, maybe Jimmy Garappolo? 

Losers:

Redskins, they are bringing back Cousins, but he ain't go no weapons on offense, what is Cousins going to do with no receivers? 

Houston, they lost their best corner, sure they free up some room dumping Brock however they lose that 2nd round pick next year, they still need to fill that QB position and more weapons on offense.

Good post. It isn't just they brought in more big money guys but winners. Real hard nosed vets at dirty job positions. I think Coughlin will turn around the thinking in that organization. They still don't have a qb so I'm not sure how far they can go but it starts at the top down. Why Cleveland and NE are also winners. Thinking outside the box and getting big pieces to build off of. Cleveland is going to turn that around...and NE is going to have a great shot at back to back. This run started with 3 SBs in 4 years and may finish that way. I think Pittsburgh is taking a last run at it with addditions to their secondary. I like what Chicago is doing.

Losers is definitely Houston...weaker on defense and had to pay a 2nd just to get rid of their starting qb. That's bad. I don't like what San Diego did...don't think they got better...still holes on that line and thin at WR. Washington is a train wreck that's clear. AFC East looks like they are all rebuilding (again). Green Bay...I mean it is almost laughable their approach to FA. It's one thing to be cautious but they are down right frightened. Still a lot of time left but that is where I stack it now.

12 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

The Jaguars look to continue their pattern of winning the offseason Lombardi, only to severely underwhelm and underperform when it matters.  Last year, I thought they'd be a real threat.  I've learned my lesson

They have a huge question mark at QB. I honestly can't tell if Bortles will be a good or gawd awful QB.

18 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

They have a huge question mark at QB. I honestly can't tell if Bortles will be a good or gawd awful QB.

He was great a couple of years ago.  He was brutal last year.  His throwing mechanics are bad; he dips the ball down during his throwing motion.  I think he needs a good offensive-minded head coach (McDaniels?) to help set him straight.  We'll see how Marrone does with him

18 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

The Jaguars look to continue their pattern of winning the offseason Lombardi, only to severely underwhelm and underperform when it matters.  Last year, I thought they'd be a real threat.  I've learned my lesson

Getting rid of Gus Bradley has been their best move.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:03 AM, JimJaime said:

That's probably the worst problem, Jim..when you don't know..

Houston knew....and Brock flew......Jax isn't sure and now they have a superbucks defense waiting for a 'maybe' QB

On 3/11/2017 at 11:50 AM, 21isSuperman said:

Yeah I'm quite frankly tired of people talking about "who won free agency" and "who won the draft".  You know what how about in 2 or 3 years we revisit that question and we'll be able to tell you.  Last year I think the Jags won both the draft and free agency but still managed to be one of the worst teams in the NFL.  

I'll start saying you won the off season when your off season moves start leading to W's during the real season.  

18 hours ago, Jules said:

Losers: Patriots. They traded for Stone Hands. lmaolmaolmao 

And gave up a draft pick to the Saints for their most overrated receiver. lmao

The love affair with Brandin Cooks will end the minute he has a bad game against a decent corner/safety or when he demands to be paid big money since his ego is through the roof.