PeterBowman

Colts Sign Jabaal Sheard (Merged)

Just now, PeterBowman said:

saw it in the Jabaal Sheard thread, per Shefty.

Quick brother lol

LOL... like 6 posts went up on this within about 3 seconds

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Whew

Yeah. Does this mean that corner and ILB are the two positions we are looking at in the draft most? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dw49 said:

LOL... like 6 posts went up on this within about 3 seconds

Everyone was waiting for this lol. Great stuff 

Can anyone tell me if the Colts signed Sheard? I only see 5 threads on it and want to be sure haha 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Yeah. Does this mean that corner and ILB are the two positions we are looking at in the draft most? 

I think every defensive position is on the table to draft, and all defensive positions are on the table In every round. 

3 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

It could be unless there is another signing out there

3 minutes ago, BPindy said:

Can anyone tell me if the Colts signed Sheard? I only see 5 threads on it and want to be sure haha 

Thought you were exaggerating how many threads until I checked. LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Great news! Starting to come together a bit. Can we still get Hightower, or did the Pats re-sign him?

not yet, but they are trying to

6 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

We still need a pass-rusher. 13 sacks and two years ain't that great

• Like 3

Rap sheet seemed shocked on what we gave sheard 3 yrs 25.5 mil with 12.5 million guaranteed

Just now, neug3246 said:

Rap sheet seemed shocked on what we gave sheard 3 yrs 25.5 mil with 12.5 million guaranteed

It seems like a bit of an overpay, but that's the market in FA.

Just now, neug3246 said:

Well he's not really exactly a Cornerstone type of player. He's good but we're still pass rush deficient.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GoDeep said:

We have a LB core now!

Not too bad.  In the context of the past two signings along with, hopefully, a pass rusher in the first, even Mingo makes some sense.  Unlike with Grigson, you can sense some sort of plan.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, neug3246 said:

That's quite a bit of money for someone who only had 5 sacks last year

• Like 5

No this has nothing to do with the draft, I like the move, but we'll still go EDGE in round 1. We have to. Sheard/Simon/Tim Williams would be solid plus Mingo and a 2nd or 3rd round EDGE rusher

2 minutes ago, neug3246 said:

When you are as bad rushing the passer as we are; you have to throw everything at the board and hope something sticks.

We are not done. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if our first two picks were still outside linebackers. 

Sheard was a stud in NE year before this one. He had some issues with the staff, etc. He could come in and ball for us and put up 9-10 sacks IMO

• Like 3

That's a lot of money....but he's a good player. No doubt they overpaid, but they've got some stop gappers now. Allows whoever they draft in the coming years to have some time to develop. 

so the last 2 lb signings are both tough against the run AND can rush the passer......if Langford and Henry Anderson are back to normal next year the front 4-5 could be pretty stout....just need to solidify the NT.

• Like 4

Now sign Hightower, Levy, and Claiborne. Draft Takk McKinley, Taco Charlton, or Tim Williams in RD1 now and we'll be set. Levy and Claiborne could be had on 1 year deals.

6 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

We still need a pass-rusher. 13 sacks and two years ain't that great

I think we take one in the Draft with our 15.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

That's quite a bit of money for someone who only had 5 sacks last year

It is but there's just so much money chasing the talent this year. If you want to sign a top 30 guy , you need to overpay . 12 million $ guards were a pipe dream 10 hours ago.