Patrick Robinson Released

TKnight24

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Has Reddick jumped up that high? I really liked his combine performance. 

It really depends whos available at #15 if given the choice between him and Sidney Jones I'd be reddick 100% dude is your new era ILB exactly what we need. Example he ran roughly same 40 time as fournette (4.5) and cook (4.51) at 4.52. This means he will cover RB's/TE's np so I would say his combine improve his draft stock for sure. But drafting him at #15 all depends on who is already drafted. But reddick at 15 is no longer a risk like it would of seemed a few months ago.

I'm very encouraged so far, making the obvious releases of the players who needed to go.

I'm not so sure Grigson would of made the same moves, whether it was he didn't want to admit his mistake, or he just sees talent differently than most.

Ballard is making the common sense moves, which is new in Colts land.

6 minutes ago, Indeee said:

what if considering NE was offering Butler to Saints for Cooks that the odds are that Ballard has offered Dorsett(similar mold to cooks, tho not as polished or established) to Pats for Butler? I'm sure we would have to give more but idk just a guess good or bad...Ha!!

LoL no would have to be TY Hilton and no thank you. Hopefully in 2 years Dorsett has this kind of value but I don't know something is off with dorsett. I don't think he is ever going to be a solid #1 capable WR. He will most likely bounce around each year between 500-1000 yards. Never consistent. Hope I'm wrong though he sure is fun developing in Madden though hes a beast. The potential is there he just has to be willing to put the work in for it. A lot of players have god given talent and they don't work to improve they just get by with that talent they already have.

I have always been very outspoken about this signing to begin with so I am glad he is gone.  

He was never an upgrade over Toler.  Did Toler need replaced?  Of course, but Robinson = Toler so there was never an upgrade.  And of course this was a Pagano guy...  Robinson came here because of Pagano.

2 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

I have always been very outspoken about this signing to begin with so I am glad he is gone.  

He was never an upgrade over Toler.  Did Toler need replaced?  Of course, but Robinson = Toler so there was never an upgrade.  And of course this was a Pagano guy...  Robinson came here because of Pagano.

source?

We have to field a team pretty soon....  We are clearing roster spots and money, certainly we don't expect to fill them all with rookies and UDFA.  We don't need lots of cap space for our picks, we only have 8 total I believe with the Allen 6th round give back and one compensatory.  If we go only for rookies and UDFA it we need to call it a rebuilding year and risk waste another year of Luck's career.  Picking up ST and roster fillers like Mingo hasn't changed anything yet...plus we will likely have to pick up a kicker, Locke hasn't done both punting and kick offs.  Hope they have a plan to compete, the rest of the AFC South is trying ...and having some successes.  We still have no difference makers on defense and only 1 on offense.  Rookies and all the cap space in the world doesn't fix that.

8 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

We have to field a team pretty soon....  We are clearing roster spots and money, certainly we don't expect to fill them all with rookies and UDFA.  We don't need lots of cap space for our picks, we only have 8 total I believe with the Allen 6th round give back and one compensatory.  If we go only for rookies and UDFA it we need to call it a rebuilding year and risk waste another year of Luck's career.  Picking up ST and roster fillers like Mingo hasn't changed anything yet...plus we will likely have to pick up a kicker, Locke hasn't done both punting and kick offs.  Hope they have a plan to compete, the rest of the AFC South is trying ...and having some successes.  We still have no difference makers on defense and only 1 on offense.  Rookies and all the cap space in the world doesn't fix that.

Good point on KO duties.  I never gave it a thought 

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I expect that if we find his replacement...that is why I think a corner signing is coming soon. You don't get rid of everyone before you have their replacement.

We have a solid starting lineup at DL without Art Jones.  No need to look for a replacement.

Honestly I'm curious as to why it's taking so long to cut him.  If you asked any Colts fan before the offseason even started, Art Jones was their #1 guy who needed to be cut.  And yet we've cut a couple guys who we could certainly do without and traded another guy away.  But Art Jones remains on the roster.  I'm not sure why.

Is Ballard working on a trade for him like he did for Allen?  I wouldn't think you could trade Art Jones at this point but then again I honestly didn't think he could get anything for Allen and he did.  

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

Wish we could have gotten Amukamara. He played well last year. Looking more and more like we are drafting a corner at 15.

Draft is real deep for corners. I think we could probably get almost as good a prospect in the 2nd or 3rd round as we could at 15. 

12 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

We have a solid starting lineup at DL without Art Jones.  No need to look for a replacement.

Honestly I'm curious as to why it's taking so long to cut him.  If you asked any Colts fan before the offseason even started, Art Jones was their #1 guy who needed to be cut.  And yet we've cut a couple guys who we could certainly do without and traded another guy away.  But Art Jones remains on the roster.  I'm not sure why.

Is Ballard working on a trade for him like he did for Allen?  I wouldn't think you could trade Art Jones at this point but then again I honestly didn't think he could get anything for Allen and he did.  

Yeah I couldn't see him getting much for him. Allen has at least played and contributed and is young. Jones has nothing going for him. He will get cut before camp opens....we won't take a chance he hurts himself and gets his money guaranteed. That said I expect that with the Perry situation on top of it we are looking to make sure we have someone in house before moving on.....that or we were seeing if he will renegotiate his contract again. I don't want him even on a cheaper contract but maybe the staff think they can salvage something.

3 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Looks like we really are not gonna have high expectations next year and I'm ok with that 

LOL, really? I think everything Ballard has done so far is just getting rid of the dead weight. This dude was injured most of the year and when he was playing he stunk. This can only bolster the roster.

3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Have a feeling we will sign someone to be the stopgap

We have to sign some DB's. No way we can fill all the holes in the draft. We need bodies at this point. We have huge hole at Rush LB still. No depth at ILB. No depth at S. No starting CB and no depth there. No depth at TE. DL is a huge question with the whole David Parry thing hanging out there. I expect another 3-4 FA signings just to get a pulse at some of these positions. And I certainly hope they are not planning on rolling with TJ Green at S. They need a back up plan there.

12 minutes ago, theanarchist said:

LOL, really? I think everything Ballard has done so far is just getting rid of the dead weight. This dude was injured most of the year and when he was playing he stunk. This can only bolster the roster.

I'm glad we are doing this but we can't fill all the holes with good players and most of the good FA we are not interested in or they are signed 

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Maybe another trade coming?

That's my question. Why release Robinson right now and not aurthur jones unless you have a replacement. I think we release Jones once we find a replacement. We are really low on CB's right now so he must have a plan. To sign one in free agency and trade for one. He was there to help draft Marcus Peters. Maybe sees that in one of the draft's corners. 

4 hours ago, Jason_S said:

I kinda have a feeling this more "we can't really trust him due to injury history" than anything.  When he started getting healthy he was starting to play well last year...that "healthy time" just didn't last very long.

As for a replacement, Amukamara?  well nope, just saw he signed with Chicago.  Claiborne?  Sam Shields as a stop-gap?  Hey, Greg Toler appears to be available. :D

:hide:

He never played well his looking better was due to poor QB play he was burnt often

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

surprising.....we are not deep at CB...obviously.

..I dont want to rely on rookies this year

Yeah there isn't much out there unless you like Morris Claiborne or Brandon Carr.  I'm guessing the draft is going to have to suffice unless they can make a trade?

5 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Yeah there isn't much out there unless you like Morris Claiborne or Brandon Carr.  I'm guessing the draft is going to have to suffice unless they can make a trade?

we need to be looking around...

.....I dont want rookies starting on the corner this coming season.