Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WoolMagnet

U heard it here

22 posts in this topic

Osweiler and 2nd  rd pick to Pats for Garafalo.

browns still on the hook for bulk of Osweilers salary, but they get their guy.  NE gets a 2nd , and turn Brock into a preseason star.  Then they trade him before his contract is up.  All on clevelands tab really.

cleveland is happy they got their qb.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, I heard it on ProFootballRumors first.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Osweiler and 2nd  rd pick to Pats for Garafalo.

browns still on the hook for bulk of Osweilers salary, but they get their guy.  NE gets a 2nd , and turn Brock into a preseason star.  Then they trade him before his contract is up.  All on clevelands tab really.

cleveland is happy they got their qb.

 

Only if they get Bill really drunk would he do that deal

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no way they value Osweiler that highly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shive said:

There's no way they value Osweiler that highly.

No one does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Texans could have given them more than that.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Only if they get Bill really drunk would he do that deal

Think about it.  Its so NE.

they can make Brock look as good as Garafalo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WoolMagnet said:

Think about it.  Its so NE.

they can make Brock look as good as Garafalo.

The league has already seen brocks ability.     It isn't good.  He also has a problem with criticism.  Not a trait I can imagine bill would be down with.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The things one talks about when the world is melting down around you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shive said:

There's no way they value Osweiler that highly.

They dont have to.  Its all about value.  Just like the Browns paid (and will pay ) alot for Brock when they may even release him.  All for a pick.  It was rumored NE wanted a 2nd for Garafalo in the past.

brocks money is guaranteed FROM CLEVELAND now. If NE paid brock $1-$2 million, the browns pay the rest.  I'd take brock as a backup for that. Develop him and build more value.

cleveland would split brocks pay cuz they want garafalo BADLY.

they just proved it with houston.

everybody wins. (in their minds)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The league has already seen brocks ability.     It isn't good.  He also has a problem with criticism.  Not a trait I can imagine bill would be down with.    

A year or two with bill can change that.

he's always "dealing" a backup qb.  Mallett, garafalo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Actually, I heard it on ProFootballRumors first.  

Really? Darn.  Always a bridesmaid.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

The things one talks about when the world is melting down around you.

Its all a matter of perspective

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

A year or two with bill can change that.

he's always "dealing" a backup qb.  Mallett, garafalo.

When was the last vet the pats brought in to be a backup qb?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When all' said and done it's going to be the #12 pick and Cody Kessler for Jimmy G..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

When was the last vet the pats brought in to be a backup qb?

I didnt say vet.

value.  They do it all the time with vets at other positions.

they are good at buy low / sell high.  They get the most they can then get what they can before contract is up.  Value... whether draft pick, rookie, vet, ufa, whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WoolMagnet said:

I didnt say vet.

value.  They do it all the time with vets at other positions.

they are good at buy low / sell high.  They get the most they can then get what they can before contract is up.  Value... whether draft pick, rookie, vet, ufa, whatever.

They don't sign many vets with the intent to trade them.   Most,  If not all the guys they have traded away, they have drafted.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

They don't sign many vets with the intent to trade them.   Most,  If not all the guys they have traded away, they have drafted.   

And i didnt say they HAD to trade him.  Maybe you keep him if he develops. The key is you got him CHEAP along with the 2nd you wanted anyway.  You are reading into the specifics of vet or qb, etc.

its about improving your team and he gives NE the possibility of low risk - high reward.  Not unlike the risk they took drafting Mallett for an example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

And i didnt say they HAD to trade him.  Maybe you keep him if he develops. The key is you got him CHEAP along with the 2nd you wanted anyway.  You are reading into the specifics of vet or qb, etc.

its about improving your team and he gives NE the possibility of low risk - high reward.  Not unlike the risk they took drafting Mallett for an example.

Brock is s cry baby.   Bill isn't going to sign him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Colt-in-Jax said:

When all' said and done it's going to be the #12 pick and Cody Kessler for Jimmy G..

 

Nah, the Browns are not going to give up a 1st rounder that easily.

 

The most they give is their #33 pick and throw in another 2nd rounder out of the three 2nd rounders that they have. That is the main reason the Browns got the third 2nd rounder from the Texans, so that they can use 2 of the 3 second rounders for Jimmy G. I bet BB jumps on that deal if he gets that. It is as good a deal as he will get for someone who he will get nothing for after 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Why do you keep calling him Garafalo?

 

Jeanine Garafolo Jimmy Garappolo tongue twister.

 

Just like Lawrence Guy and Larry the Cable Guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.