Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

U heard it here

Osweiler and 2nd  rd pick to Pats for Garafalo.

browns still on the hook for bulk of Osweilers salary, but they get their guy.  NE gets a 2nd , and turn Brock into a preseason star.  Then they trade him before his contract is up.  All on clevelands tab really.

cleveland is happy they got their qb.

7 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Osweiler and 2nd  rd pick to Pats for Garafalo.

browns still on the hook for bulk of Osweilers salary, but they get their guy.  NE gets a 2nd , and turn Brock into a preseason star.  Then they trade him before his contract is up.  All on clevelands tab really.

cleveland is happy they got their qb.

Only if they get Bill really drunk would he do that deal

Just now, WoolMagnet said:

Think about it.  Its so NE.

they can make Brock look as good as Garafalo.

The league has already seen brocks ability.     It isn't good.  He also has a problem with criticism.  Not a trait I can imagine bill would be down with.    

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

There's no way they value Osweiler that highly.

They dont have to.  Its all about value.  Just like the Browns paid (and will pay ) alot for Brock when they may even release him.  All for a pick.  It was rumored NE wanted a 2nd for Garafalo in the past.

brocks money is guaranteed FROM CLEVELAND now. If NE paid brock $1-$2 million, the browns pay the rest.  I'd take brock as a backup for that. Develop him and build more value.

cleveland would split brocks pay cuz they want garafalo BADLY.

they just proved it with houston.

everybody wins. (in their minds)

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The league has already seen brocks ability.     It isn't good.  He also has a problem with criticism.  Not a trait I can imagine bill would be down with.    

A year or two with bill can change that.

he's always "dealing" a backup qb.  Mallett, garafalo.

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

When was the last vet the pats brought in to be a backup qb?

I didnt say vet.

value.  They do it all the time with vets at other positions.

they are good at buy low / sell high.  They get the most they can then get what they can before contract is up.  Value... whether draft pick, rookie, vet, ufa, whatever.

Just now, WoolMagnet said:

I didnt say vet.

value.  They do it all the time with vets at other positions.

they are good at buy low / sell high.  They get the most they can then get what they can before contract is up.  Value... whether draft pick, rookie, vet, ufa, whatever.

They don't sign many vets with the intent to trade them.   Most,  If not all the guys they have traded away, they have drafted.   

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

They don't sign many vets with the intent to trade them.   Most,  If not all the guys they have traded away, they have drafted.   

And i didnt say they HAD to trade him.  Maybe you keep him if he develops. The key is you got him CHEAP along with the 2nd you wanted anyway.  You are reading into the specifics of vet or qb, etc.

its about improving your team and he gives NE the possibility of low risk - high reward.  Not unlike the risk they took drafting Mallett for an example.

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

And i didnt say they HAD to trade him.  Maybe you keep him if he develops. The key is you got him CHEAP along with the 2nd you wanted anyway.  You are reading into the specifics of vet or qb, etc.

its about improving your team and he gives NE the possibility of low risk - high reward.  Not unlike the risk they took drafting Mallett for an example.

Brock is s cry baby.   Bill isn't going to sign him

17 minutes ago, Colt-in-Jax said:

When all' said and done it's going to be the #12 pick and Cody Kessler for Jimmy G..

Nah, the Browns are not going to give up a 1st rounder that easily.

The most they give is their #33 pick and throw in another 2nd rounder out of the three 2nd rounders that they have. That is the main reason the Browns got the third 2nd rounder from the Texans, so that they can use 2 of the 3 second rounders for Jimmy G. I bet BB jumps on that deal if he gets that. It is as good a deal as he will get for someone who he will get nothing for after 2017.