Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Osweiler to Browns

Just now, Shive said:

They're just going to give NE a bunch of their picks for Jimmy G. At least the Browns with those draft picks are....well the Browns. NE with those picks is scary.

Maybe,   Maybe not.    I think they would be better off keeping the picks and going after jimmy next year in free agency or draft someone in the next two years.   To me,  jimmy is really over valued by those in the media 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Maybe,   Maybe not.    I think they would be better off keeping the picks and going after jimmy next year in free agency or draft someone in the next two years.   To me,  jimmy is really over valued by those in the media 

I would hope it goes like that. I agree on him being overvalued as well.

Coach Bill Obrien will be out tonight buying drinks for the entire city of Houston which is celebrating. The monkey off his back. Going for Romo will be yet another blunder for the Texans. Think of it this way by taking Romo proves their backs are against the self-imposed wall of questionable QBs. Going out on a limb to try to win a SB only to go back in the hunt for yet another QB to keep in the chase for the next 10 years will not be what the team and fans need. Frail Tony is not the answer. Obrien is I think in his last year of his contract and a now or never shot at the gold is not what their GM and owner have been saying. Sooner or later they need to get a young promising QB and build a winner that can stay in the chase.  Patience Texans, patience. 

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Just suck again the QB class next year is supposed to be good 

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Just suck again the QB class next year is supposed to be good 

I don't know,  But if I'm the Brown's,  I keep all of my 1st and 2nds.   They are loaded.

Plus,  their fan base is used to sucking.  Zero pressure to win...  like ever

4 hours ago, deedub75 said:

Romo probably going to Houston now. 

I can't believe they would make that trade without knowing for certain Romo was in the bag. 

I heard on NFL network though that Bronco's really don't have a great deal of interest in Romo and that there was an agreement between the Cowboys and Romo that in exchange for a clean release Romo would agree to not sign with an NFC team. 

So if he's looking for a team that needs a QB, is in the AFC and can win now.  Houston looks like his only logical landing spot. 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't know,  But if I'm the Brown's,  I keep all of my 1st and 2nds.   They are loaded.

Plus,  their fan base is used to sucking.  Zero pressure to win...  like ever

I find it amazing how the Browns somehow have a bunch of high picks every year but can't produce a winner. 

Just now, Valpo2004 said:

I find it amazing how the Browns somehow have a bunch of high picks every year but can't produce a winner. 

They have a ton over the next two years.   If they screw it up they have a curse that rivals the cubs.

Plus,  They play in a tough division and suck at evaluating quarterbacks

Just now, jvan1973 said:

They have a ton over the next two years.   If they screw it up they have a curse that rivals the cubs.

Plus,  They play in a tough division and suck at evaluating quarterbacks

It seems to me to be mostly an issue with talent evaluation.  Especially when it comes to QB's like you said.  They are just never able to narrow down the most important position in the game.

Consider the Brian Hoyer a few years ago was probably their best QB in decades. 

Just now, Valpo2004 said:

It seems to me to be mostly an issue with talent evaluation.  Especially when it comes to QB's like you said.  They are just never able to narrow down the most important position in the game.

Consider the Brian Hoyer a few years ago was probably their best QB in decades. 

Brian Hoyer was better than Johnny 8 ball,  That's for sure.   Even non professionals could have predicted the failure he was gonna be

3 hours ago, masnerj said:

I wish we had made this trade :(. Essentially buying a 2nd round pick for 10 million dollars (take his 17 million contract then cut him, saving like 8 mill). 

Please explain to me how it would cost the Colts 10 million and not 16 million to do this trade. No offense but you obviously are just reading that stupid media spin that "they are getting back 8 million." Do you have even the slightest of how the cap works ? Maybe I don't ? So walk me through how the Colts would pay the 16 mill to Oswieler and magically turn that number into 10 million ?

Plus they are getting next year's 2nd while sending back this year's 4th. So it's 16 million and a 2017 4th round pick for a 2018 2nd round pick. I would be shocked if either Ballard or Irsay would do anything that stupid.

9 hours ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

I did read somewhere that Belichick will keep Jimmy G for 2017 as its only costing the pats $1 million this season and hes a great backup if brady goes down

True but he's missing an opportunity cost if teams are offering picks for him.  

He only has him for one more year and then unless Tom Brady comes out immediately following next season and says he's retiring, the Pats have no hope of re-signing Jimmy because he will sign with someone where he can compete for a starting job.  

It might be smoke and mirrors though.  He might be saying stuff to try to increase the trade offers he's getting for him.  And the Pats have another backup, he led the Pats to victory in week 3.  So at this point Jimmy is the very definition of trade bait.  

15 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

The one counterpoint to this is there line isn't as good as it has been and keeping Romo healthy is the main priority after all.

That is what I was thinking too.... along with it seems like Romo has always had a good OL in front of him in Dallas.  Houston's line isn't below avg., but it doesn't compare with the Cowboys OL... IMO.... and he still got hurt.

18 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Brilliant move by both teams. 

One of of the best trades ever   

Absolutely how I see it as well.  Houston paid Cleveland to take out their trash, Browns collect more draft picks.

Win - Win.  Or at least a cooperative  lose - lose  Ha Ha!

Seems to me Texans paid Brock 21 million for one year of QB service.  Browns will dump 16 million $ to Brock to get an extra round 2 pick.  Oh, and a chance to dump Brock at any time... which may not be too far away judging the Browns GM's statement!  LOL

"We're really excited to acquire a second-round draft choice in this trade," executive vice president of football operations Sashi Brown said. "Draft picks are extremely important to our approach in building a championship-caliber football team. We are intent on adding competition to every position on our roster ...    (pause emphasis here added by me...)   ...    and look forward to having Brock come in and compete."

maybe...  if I don't cut him first...

This is as close as I have ever seen to money laundering in the NFL.

EDIT: And... if the Browns could trade him for more picks (even eating some of Brock's salary to move him) makes it even more brilliant in a weird way.